Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 12th 2012 new

wave Hi Sheila, I love all of your forums. I tried to overlook the physical attraction and have dated what I thought might be different and a change to see if just because I am not attracted that they might have qualities such as Faith, Family, Friends that may make me become attracted to them.

It just doesn't seem to do it for me eyepopping What I mean what I find attractive might be totally different from you. Such as I like redheads and outgoing positive people. They are more attractive to me than physical appearance such as Ryan Reynolds for example, hehe. Someone who takes the time to make you feel like a lady and treats you with respect just gives ya warm fuzzies with their nice, strong hungs:)

There has to be some butterflies I think, for me with someone. Something to make me, and this is subjective, attracted to both physically, emotionally, and more importantly spiritually wink And for Goodness sake, they must be a GOOD Kisser!!! Have you ever had a kiss that just went poof and I you feel like it is more work than it should be. Something from the twilight zone where you would think everyone should know how to kiss crazy laughing laughing laughing

For marital attraction I think there has to be a connection physically definately for both parties biggrin

Jan 4th 2013 new

Are we failing to look at the relationships of the married couples that have a love relationship that in seeing the wife or the husband, one is very attractive and the other is over weight, hair loss, even possibly suffers from an accident leaving them unable to give physical attention? I see this all the time and wonder if your comments hold true. Physical attraction is a must for me, but I can't help going beyond the thought of people finding love beyond physical attraction. What if we were blind and could only "see" that person for the love they are capable of giving. It may be more than the love of some who we are physically attracted to. If couples could get past the physical attraction, maybe there would more couples in love for stronger reasons than physical. Believe me I'm preaching this to myself as well. How does one get past the physical attraction??

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephen-668876 said: Are we failing to look at the relationships of the married couples that have a love relationshi...
(Quote) Stephen-668876 said:

Are we failing to look at the relationships of the married couples that have a love relationship that in seeing the wife or the husband, one is very attractive and the other is over weight, hair loss, even possibly suffers from an accident leaving them unable to give physical attention? I see this all the time and wonder if your comments hold true. Physical attraction is a must for me, but I can't help going beyond the thought of people finding love beyond physical attraction. What if we were blind and could only "see" that person for the love they are capable of giving. It may be more than the love of some who we are physically attracted to. If couples could get past the physical attraction, maybe there would more couples in love for stronger reasons than physical. Believe me I'm preaching this to myself as well. How does one get past the physical attraction??

--hide--

Attraction is different for everyone. When I fell in love with my husband, he was 28, fit with dark hair. He was eight years older and I've always looked young for my age, so people always assumed I was his daughter. To me, his smile, his eyes won me over from the start. He couldn't have looked more perfect to me. When he died at 56, he was grey haired and mostly bald, overweight, and pale. I still only saw the beauty. Living with someone and sharing the struggles, joys and everything in between, makes you blind to their physical self. He always thought I was the most beautiful person on earth, even when I didn't. Love grows. Physical beauty is necessary and will grow as you know a person's heart.

Jan 4th 2013 new

I should have said physical attraction is necessary to start and will grow into loving the person more than the package as time evolves.

Jan 4th 2013 new

My personal preference--there would be high mutual physical attraction to make my marriage very satisfying. However, we know things in life happen like illnesses, etc, and once I'm married, I will make the best of whatever comes our way.

Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physica...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physical attraction isn't important at our age?

Recently there was a discussion in a FB group revolving around that idea that women should look for someone who is kind to them and ignore physical attraction.. It seemed that many of the women thought that physical attraction would develop later.. My reply was based on my last relationship.. Ummmm Noooo.. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but there has to be more than kindness..

--hide--
I agree with you Donna. Whether it is a relationship or marriage, I think there has to be chemistry between the people. It is what makes conversation interesting, brings out humor and teasing and generally keeps people young. If he is not a good kisser, bye bye because it all starts with a kiss. Even at my age, I want that passion and lovin' feeling ( I think that was a song for good reason).
Jan 4th 2013 new

“Kissing don’t last: cookery do!”

~ George Meredith

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I'll just be blunt.. I couldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to.. I can't...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I'll just be blunt.. I couldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to.. I can't kiss somebody I'm not attracted to.. My last relationship was in 2009. The man I dated was very good to me, but I wasn't physically attracted to him and I didn't like the way he kissed.. People try to say that you can grow into kissing.. Uhhh..Noooo.. It's either there or it's not.. If it's not, it's never going to be. I didn't date for so many years and I had convinced myself that companionship was enough, in the end I found it wasn't.

--hide--

It's either there or it's not........TRUE! Could not agree more, Donna.

Jan 9th 2013 new

If I am attracted to you physically, emotionally, Spiritually, and romantically .... Satisfaction is Guar-un-teeeed!

If one of these is missing, we'll work on it.

Jan 9th 2013 new

Kathy I am in total agreement with you. I think you need to be physically attractive to each other , but I would like all aspects to be there:

Spiritual,Physical and Mental all three would be the ultimate.

Posts 161 - 170 of 200