Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

--hide--

Let me toss a couple of cents in here...

Since my status is never married I might be way off here, but as I see it I have to be physically attracted along with the rest of the package in order to consider marriage. And even after entering Holy marriage I still have to work on keeping the flame alive as, in my view, the courtship never ends. As a man my job is to keep her feeling safe and secure with me, bring treats and gifts to my lady and not only tell her but also show her that no other woman is of interest for me. This is an ongoing job which I think is too easy to forget. As we never should take God for granted (even though He always is there) we should never take our spouse for granted.

Notice each other, touch each other, call her while being away just to tell her you love her, dance with each other. Keep doing the small things for each other. Not because you have to but because you want to. Everything you do for your spouse, you do for God.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Let me toss a couple of cents in here... Since my status is never married
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Since my status is never married I might be way off here, but as I see it I have to be physically attracted along with the rest of the package in order to consider marriage. And even after entering Holy marriage I still have to work on keeping the flame alive as, in my view, the courtship never ends. As a man my job is to keep her feeling safe and secure with me, bring treats and gifts to my lady and not only tell her but also show her that no other woman is of interest for me. This is an ongoing job which I think is too easy to forget. As we never should take God for granted (even though He always is there) we should never take our spouse for granted.

Notice each other, touch each other, call her while being away just to tell her you love her, dance with each other. Keep doing the small things for each other. Not because you have to but because you want to. Everything you do for your spouse, you do for God.

--hide--

You have a great philosophy and all that you have written would be appreciated by your special girl! Bravo to you Peter.

Jan 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: You have a great philosophy and all that you have written would be appreciated by your s...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

You have a great philosophy and all that you have written would be appreciated by your special girl! Bravo to you Peter.

--hide--

Thank you Eileen! smile

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marriage...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marriages? LOL
--hide--

Perfect Cindy ! We'll be sending along Fred Flintstone to sweep you off your feet, faint hersheyskiss hug rose Battling eyelashes hersheyskiss

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: (Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical att...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Quote:
Cindy-57124 said: I don't understand the segue from non-physical attraction to marriage. Has CM started mail order marriages? LOL

Perfect Cindy ! We'll be sending along Fred Flintstone to sweep you off your feet,

--hide--

Great idea! But I think Barney might be more Cindy's type!

Jan 12th 2013 new

So, what happens if...

You spouse has a serious accident and is permanently disfigured?

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Let me toss a couple of cents in here... Since my status is never married
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

--hide--
Yes you do try your best to continue working on the relationship" because you want to " you have the right idea about that.However, be aware that there are circumstances that might affect the "pefect" looking spouse.The better or for worse,in sickness and in health part of your vows is not to be taken lightly.Many scenarios come to mind Examples include taking care of two month old baby who you are feeding naturally and a two year old at the same time.There isn't much time for you.Running to get everyone out to school on time.Illnesses of anyone in the family(eg.a housefull of chikenpox). Focusing on getting everyone to do their homework.During marriage there is less time to deal with on "me".Supporting and helping each other through it all is one way in which the relationship grows.If you are both interested in fitness it would be great to help each other but it can't be a the same as before all the children or other things that may occur in your lives.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Yes you do try your best to continue working on the relationship" because you want to...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Yes you do try your best to continue working on the relationship" because you want to " you have the right idea about that.However, be aware that there are circumstances that might affect the "pefect" looking spouse.The better or for worse,in sickness and in health part of your vows is not to be taken lightly.Many scenarios come to mind Examples include taking care of two month old baby who you are feeding naturally and a two year old at the same time.There isn't much time for you.Running to get everyone out to school on time.Illnesses of anyone in the family(eg.a housefull of chikenpox). Focusing on getting everyone to do their homework.During marriage there is less time to deal with on "me".Supporting and helping each other through it all is one way in which the relationship grows.If you are both interested in fitness it would be great to help each other but it can't be a the same as before all the children or other things that may occur in your lives.

--hide--

Yes those are absolutely valid points and I agree. But if I want to enjoy the fruits of her sacrifices I'll have to make sure she's able to perform those. If that means to help with the kids so she can get her workout, or cook, clean, do the laundry or whatever I can to help her, it's my obligation to do so. Perhaps hire help a couple of hours a week to be able to do some workout together. I'd love to help in any way, shape or form I could.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: So, what happens if... You spouse has a serious accident and is permanently disfigured?...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

So, what happens if...

You spouse has a serious accident and is permanently disfigured?

--hide--

Depending on the person, some fall out of love others don't

Jan 15th 2013 new

The whole enchilada or nada.

Posts 171 - 180 of 200