Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 23rd 2012 new

Hmmm...for me, there will need to be some sort of physical attraction. Otherwise, I would have remarried long ago...There have been a couple of very serious suitors, who were obviously more into me than I was into them...And, of course, I've been on the other side of the plate a time or two.... boggled

That said, I do believe that "physical attraction" can be other than visual. Most definitely, the spiritual, emotional, intelligence, humor issues are mandatory for me. But if I were blind, then I'm sure the attraction would be based on the sound or touch of a person.

Makes me think of the song from Fiddler on the Roof, "Do You Love Me?" between Golda and Tevye, who grow to love one another after 25 years of an arranged marriage...

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said Donna, "60 is the new 40!!!!" Good News! ...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said

Donna, "60 is the new 40!!!!" Good News!

--hide--
clap clap Bow Bow Thanks, Barbara!! I can't wait to hear it again in a couple of months: "Lordy, Lordy, Bev is 40!".. laughing laughing

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Hogwash!! Of course we need to be attract...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Cindy-57124 said:

Hogwash!! Of course we need to be attracted to someone - although, what I find attractive may not be the next woman's cup of tea, but, hell, yes, there needs to be attraction or magic. Call it whatever you like, but I could never "convince" myself to love someone just because he hits all the marks. There has to be more.

I feel the same way.. But I've seen others say that physical compatibility shouldn't matter at our age..

--hide--

I think that there's a lot of naive people on here and FB (or, maybe, a bit too pious scratchchin ). Anyway, too many must not know what some kind of expressions of love are. It doesn't have to be much, but there definitely needs to be C.H.E.M.I.S.T.R.Y., as we (he and I) define it. The hormones are meant to be active, until death do us part... wink

It also goes to knowing (or trying to figure out) the other's Love Language. heart

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: there definitely needs to be C.H.E.M.I.S.T.R.Y., as we (he and I) define it. The hormones are mean...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

there definitely needs to be C.H.E.M.I.S.T.R.Y., as we (he and I) define it. The hormones are meant to be active, until death do us part...

It also goes to knowing (or trying to figure out) the other's Love Language.

--hide--

highfive

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live in, and are just companions without a physical attraction.
Could we as Catholic women be called for this type of marriage?

No.. WE are not called to have this type of marriage.. The Church says we may not contract a marriage that cannot be fulfilled in physical intimacy.. There have been cases where couples have been denied a wedding in the Church because physical limitations prevented a completion of intercourse.. What you are describing is NOT marriage.. It is a caregiver position..

--hide--

I have a real problem with this post... starting with the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph!
And I don't care for the reference between the priests and nuns. They merely work for the same employer.

Jul 23rd 2012 new

Attraction is crucial, period. However, it is not purely physical, nor is it purely spiritual. It is a combination of these.

Speaking from experience, I doubt seriously that someone's kissing ability could make or break the overall attraction. Without getting too graphic (and causing anyone to faint), I will say that have encountered many different levels of kissing ability, but never any so poor as to cause me to break off the relationship. If the overall attraction is there, we can implement a KIS (Kissing Improvement Strategy) and get things going nicely.

Fortunately, I have a 12th degree blackbelt in kissing, so I can provide this instruction. Be sure to ask about our discounts.

Jul 23rd 2012 new

PS: On the larger issue of age, which has been mentioned above: If I am not married by the time my chirren go to college (and I am near 60), I will find me a nice monastery somewhere and, as the liturgy of St John Chrysostom puts it, "Live out [my] life in peace and repentence."

Jul 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

--hide--
Yes
Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi Everyone, I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi Everyone,
I have heard this question many times on CM. How do you feel about the question ? I think the person requires the whole package. How do you feel ?
Questions or comments... opinions perhaps ?

--hide--

I think being attracted to someone physically is very important part of the marriage and to deny that it's not important means you're just kidding yourself and there is a spiritual attraction that's just as important. We can all physically fall in love but without the Holy Spirit what do you really have? To become one flesh, one spirit, a complete package as you say. TOB 101, right?

Now if we could only do something about the zip codes lovestruck!

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: Priests have relationships w...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live in, and are just companions without a physical attraction.
Could we as Catholic women be called for this type of marriage?

No.. WE are not called to have this type of marriage.. The Church says we may not contract a marriage that cannot be fulfilled in physical intimacy.. There have been cases where couples have been denied a wedding in the Church because physical limitations prevented a completion of intercourse.. What you are describing is NOT marriage.. It is a caregiver position..

I have a real problem with this post... starting with the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph!
And I don't care for the reference between the priests and nuns. They merely work for the same employer.

--hide--

Hey woman...She said it, not me.. eyepopping laughing laughing

Posts 21 - 30 of 200