Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: The hormones are meant to be active, until death do us part...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

The hormones are meant to be active, until death do us part...

--hide--

hear! hear! Bow Bow clap clap

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Larry-874228 said: Attraction is crucial, period. However, it is not purely physical, nor is it purely spiritual. It...
(Quote) Larry-874228 said:

Attraction is crucial, period. However, it is not purely physical, nor is it purely spiritual. It is a combination of these.

Speaking from experience, I doubt seriously that someone's kissing ability could make or break the overall attraction. Without getting too graphic (and causing anyone to faint), I will say that have encountered many different levels of kissing ability, but never any so poor as to cause me to break off the relationship. If the overall attraction is there, we can implement a KIS (Kissing Improvement Strategy) and get things going nicely.

Fortunately, I have a 12th degree blackbelt in kissing, so I can provide this instruction. Be sure to ask about our discounts.

--hide--

It's also very mental (as well as physical and spiritual). If there is discord, there probably won't be TRUE attraction, at least with me. My mind needs to be at peace.

As far as the 12th degree blackbelt in kissing: faint laughing wink

Jul 23rd 2012 new

PHYSICAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOT EVERYTHING .SOMETIMES PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING THATS NOT PHYSICAL. AND GROW UP

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) William-872148 said: PHYSICAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOT EVERYTHING .SOMETIMES PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING THATS NOT PHYSICAL. AND...
(Quote) William-872148 said:

PHYSICAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOT EVERYTHING .SOMETIMES PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING THATS NOT PHYSICAL. AND GROW UP

--hide--

Welcome to Forum posting William..

You might want to turn off the caps lock.. It makes you look like you're shouting.. wink

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: Cindy, don't you think that a ...
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

Cindy, don't you think that a lot of people (maybe sometimes even ourselves) feel that physical attraction isn't important at our age?

Recently there was a discussion in a FB group revolving around that idea that women should look for someone who is kind to them and ignore physical attraction.. It seemed that many of the women thought that physical attraction would develop later.. My reply was based on my last relationship.. Ummmm Noooo.. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but there has to be more than kindness..

I would rather be attracted to a husband. However, sometimes I think possibly Christ may be calling one to find a spouse for His glory, especialy at our age (over 50) or so, to come together for a companion relationship for a purpose over and above physical attraction.

Wondering about this, I tend to feel more comfortable with living the rest of my life as a single woman. I work in human services, and many times I find a man is not into that type of life. I enjoy caring for others, and or helping friends that are not Catholic needing help.

I feel lonely at times, and want that man beside me in the morning, to hug before we get out of bed etc.... but then I may have to compromise my way of life for a man that I am physically attracted to.

Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live in, and are just companions without a physical attraction.
Could we as Catholic women be called for this type of marriage?

What are your thoughts?

--hide--

I'll go with a protestant first!

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) William-872148 said: PHYSICAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOT EVERYTHING .SOMETIMES PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING THATS NOT PHYSICAL. AND...
(Quote) William-872148 said:

--hide--

I LIKE YOUR STYLE. AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN TOLD TO GROW UP SINCE...WAIT...NEVER MIND...MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME TO GROW UP YESTERDAY.

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) William-872148 said: PHYSICAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOT EVERYTHING .SOMETI...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
William-872148 said:

Welcome to Forum posting William..

You might want to turn off the caps lock.. It makes you look like you're shouting..

--hide--

Donna, my daughter tells me that is called CAPLOCK RAGE

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Larry-874228 said: I LIKE YOUR STYLE. AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN TOLD TO GROW UP SINCE......

I LIKE YOUR STYLE. AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN TOLD TO GROW UP SINCE...WAIT...NEVER MIND...MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME TO GROW UP YESTERDAY.

--hide--

Your daughter must be a very astute young lady.. wink

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Larry-874228 said: Attraction is crucial, period. However, it is not purely physical, nor is it purely spiritual. It...

Attraction is crucial, period. However, it is not purely physical, nor is it purely spiritual. It is a combination of these.

Speaking from experience, I doubt seriously that someone's kissing ability could make or break the overall attraction. Without getting too graphic (and causing anyone to faint), I will say that have encountered many different levels of kissing ability, but never any so poor as to cause me to break off the relationship. If the overall attraction is there, we can implement a KIS (Kissing Improvement Strategy) and get things going nicely.

Fortunately, I have a 12th degree blackbelt in kissing, so I can provide this instruction. Be sure to ask about our discounts.

--hide--
Ha biggrin love the KIS.

There would be some attraction there on both sides.It really helps and may even grow as time goes by. heart

Jul 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Larry-874228 said: I LIKE YOUR STYLE. AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN TOLD TO GROW UP SINCE......

--hide--
When it comes to falling in love do we ever grow up ,are we suppose to?Or is this another topic?

Posts 31 - 40 of 200