Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: I say there has to be physical attraction. Otherwise---why marry? If it's just a great friendship---...
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: I say there has to be physical attraction. Otherwise---why marry? If it's just a great friendship----I'd rather stay single and live alone, and enjoy the friendships (already doing that.) I don't need to be married to anyone just to be married---I am doing fine as a single person and having my own space and freedom. I don't need a roommate.

Marriage has to be to someone I love and am physically attracted to--and vice versa. Physical attraction is only PART of the equation though. There has to be a whole lot more than that---BUT it IS part of it... I don't understand people talking about just meeting a good man and marrying him.... Yeah---I would want a good man I am attracted to. A good man I am NOT attracted to would be a good friend.. (not a husband.)...
--hide--
Amen theheart

Jul 24th 2012 new

viewpure.com

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Priests have relationships with Sisters who help care for the home they live in, and are just companions without a physical attraction.
Could we as Catholic women be called for this type of marriage?

No.. WE are not called to have this type of marriage.. The Church says we may not contract a marriage that cannot be fulfilled in physical intimacy.. There have been cases where couples have been denied a wedding in the Church because physical limitations prevented a completion of intercourse.. What you are describing is NOT marriage.. It is a caregiver position..

--hide--

Thanks Donna for teaching me something new! I never new that. This is why I love CM! I am learning and growing in faith everyday on this site! biggrin hug Praying rosary theheart

Jul 24th 2012 new

I believe in Mercy. Not mercy dating.

Physical attraction is very important to me. If many didn't believe this there wouldn't be so many on-line threads and various articles and programs off site promoting various preferences. Deep down many persons wish to be both inspired and desired in the physical sense.
Persons are often made to feel shallow. Or, if older...foolish, if they desire physical attraction. Disturbing.

There is a huge difference in making someone feel empowered in terms of how they look and objectifying.

Thank you, for bringing this topic up in this forum particularly, Sheila.

I may be an older woman...but I know what I like and I'm not afraid to say it.

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Amen, Donald. I wish I could just time travel to Philadelphia
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Amen, Donald. I wish I could just time travel to Philadelphia

--hide--

Well on your way to Philly, stop by in Ohio, Akron specifically, dinner or movie is on me wave rose cookie hersheyskiss

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Donald-585826 said: (Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Amen, Donald. I wish I could just time trav...
(Quote) Donald-585826 said:

Quote:
Sheila-371804 said:

Amen, Donald. I wish I could just time travel to Philadelphia

Well on your way to Philly, stop by in Ohio, Akron specifically, dinner or movie is on me

--hide--

He's serious too.. We had a very nice lunch when I was on my way to Maine last year.. waveDon

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Ramona-738757 said: I believe in Mercy. Not mercy dating.
(Quote) Ramona-738757 said:

I believe in Mercy. Not mercy dating.

--hide--

laughing

Jul 24th 2012 new

As a young man my mother told me about someone who was not very attractive. She said "you know when you first meet the person they do not appear attractive but once you get to know their personality they become attractive".
Beauty is only skin deep, true beauty is what is within.
I can tell you from experience, if you choose only by what you see there can be a life time of pain to go with it.
Marriage is not about looks it is about relationship and a great relationship will trump beauty everytime.

Jul 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Tony-872785 said: As a young man my mother told me about someone who was not very attractive. She said "you kno...
(Quote) Tony-872785 said:

As a young man my mother told me about someone who was not very attractive. She said "you know when you first meet the person they do not appear attractive but once you get to know their personality they become attractive".
Beauty is only skin deep, true beauty is what is within.
I can tell you from experience, if you choose only by what you see there can be a life time of pain to go with it.
Marriage is not about looks it is about relationship and a great relationship will trump beauty everytime.

--hide--
Moms usually know a lot and have their children's best interest at heart...

Yes, Tony, it's ALL about the relationship---and one built centered on God's love. theheart rose

Jul 24th 2012 new
Attraction doesn't have to be about perfection in looks though... A lot of unknown things can contribute to attraction... (I'm not saying only movie star looks are attracting..)
Posts 51 - 60 of 200