Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Local responses

07/23/2012 new

I am sure many of you out there get hits from all over the country. I have noted on my profile that I am interested in a LOCAL man, but all hits come from other cities. I believe dating is hard enough. I want to meet someone I can actually date regularly. Without considering travel. Why do men ignore the profile information? I never feel good about having to turn down messages.

07/23/2012 new

(Quote) Edith-317913 said: I am sure many of you out there get hits from all over the country. I have noted on my profile th...
(Quote) Edith-317913 said:

I am sure many of you out there get hits from all over the country. I have noted on my profile that I am interested in a LOCAL man, but all hits come from other cities. I believe dating is hard enough. I want to meet someone I can actually date regularly. Without considering travel. Why do men ignore the profile information? I never feel good about having to turn down messages.

--hide--

What do you consider a "hit": a profile view or a communication attempt? Keep in mind they won't see that you are only interested in local men only until they browse your profile and record the encounter.

07/23/2012 new

Emails. I have been on this site five months and I get mostly emails from men from other cities.

07/23/2012 new
Why do men ignore the profile information?

They're probably thinking...."she's so hot, so why not see if I can change her mind".
07/23/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Why do men ignore the profile information? They're probably thinking...."she's so h...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Why do men ignore the profile information?

They're probably thinking...."she's so hot, so why not see if I can change her mind".
--hide--

thumbsup Exactly my thought.. She's an attractive woman.. They probably also realize what I've found out.. There is never anybody local interested.

07/23/2012 new
CM is not a dating service. You may want to consider rewriting the first few words of your profile to read "SEEKING LOCAL MEN ONLY." That may help reduce all those annoying "hits."
07/23/2012 new
I would just block any future communication with them. There's an option for that.
07/24/2012 new

I have no idea why people don't actually read your profile and abide by what it says in it.

You could make the "local only" more noticeable, bold, italics, whatever, that might help a little.

If you are going to "breach" someone's profile requests, the least one can do is acknowledge that you know you are overstepping and trying to get the person to make "an exception" like "I see that you only want to date locally, but I was so taken by your profile that I had to reach out and say how much I would like to get to know you" or something like that.

At least acknowledge that you are something the person is not looking for and why she should change her mind for you.

To do otherwise just says you are clueless, can't read, or are so full of yourself that you think anyone who you contact would swoon to have the chance to know you, they just don't know it yet. All of those are not good things.

So I hear you...read the profiles, everyone, and act accordingly!

07/24/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I have no idea why people don't actually read your profile and abide by what it says in it. <...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I have no idea why people don't actually read your profile and abide by what it says in it.

You could make the "local only" more noticeable, bold, italics, whatever, that might help a little.

If you are going to "breach" someone's profile requests, the least one can do is acknowledge that you know you are overstepping and trying to get the person to make "an exception" like "I see that you only want to date locally, but I was so taken by your profile that I had to reach out and say how much I would like to get to know you" or something like that.

At least acknowledge that you are something the person is not looking for and why she should change her mind for you.

To do otherwise just says you are clueless, can't read, or are so full of yourself that you think anyone who you contact would swoon to have the chance to know you, they just don't know it yet. All of those are not good things.

So I hear you...read the profiles, everyone, and act accordingly!

--hide--

I do something of the sort. New pics post, I'll look at the profile. If it's completely ridiculous to think about, I'll drop a note: saw photo, read post, whatever, wanted to know more about the person. Most of the time, I get disappointed when I see snow country. sad

Posts 1 - 9 of 9