Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Sep 1st 2012 new

This is the kind of husband Our Heavenly Father wants for His beloved daughters (and by "beloved daughters" i mean us). Hence we must also prepare ourselves by growing closer to Him through Our Lady to be the wives our future husbands deserve for i truly believe " A woman´s heart must be so close to God that a man must seek Him in order to find her".

Any couple who has Jesus in their hearts and places God as the centre of their marriage shall forever stay in love for just as God demonstrates His love for us every single day, the married couple shall also seek to demonstrate their love for one another every day. Must be amazing to wake up every morning and remember one´s vows and then think: wot shud i do to make him/her fall even more in love with me and with that make him/her grow closer to Our Lord?.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read about the love between a husband and wife i...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read about the love between a husband and wife in the sacrament of marriage, and I hope everyone will follow the link to read it! So inspiring! This is what we all are looking for and should aspire to, not the secularism that is rampant in our society! This is the gold standard we are holding out for!

causafinitaest.blogspot.com

--hide--

Thank you for sharing this, Pat. It should be required reading during marriage preparation. Though I did not have a perfect marriage, I had a wonderful marriage that started because of our mutual faith, made it through difficult times, and ended the day after my husband prayed with my daughter and me after a difficult surgery. Marriage is such wonderful place to find the love of God in our surrender to each other and God. I have no expectations that any future marriage I might have will be the same I had...I have different needs and expectations than that 19 year old girl, but I do hope to share the love of Christ with a husband with whom I am madly and blindly in love with who loves me as Christ loves His Church. Thank you for this beautiful tesimony of how a holy marriage is lived out. hug

- Elizabeth

Sep 3rd 2012 new

I'm still trying to figure out if he has a brother (or son - depending on the age) who is just like him! lol

Sep 4th 2012 new

Get in line behind me Tara! LOL

Isn't it interesting it's all the ladies here who see the beauty and value in what this guy has to say?

Sep 4th 2012 new

And that the only male response was to make fun of it/us.

That starts to tell the story I would say....

Sep 4th 2012 new

I don't think that it is just men who scoff at this particular incarnation of marriage. A very traditionally balanced relationship is scoffed at by very independent women, as well. Those women would have been horrified at our feast day two weekends ago when a very pretty teenager asked her dad if she could fix him a plate of food. I teared up. She's a beautiful girl, and her parents value her beyond measure. At first he said no, and I watched his face as he struggled, and then let her. You could almost see the "my baby" reflected in his eyes. Up north, someone would have made a smarmy comment. Here, we all smiled. heart

Sep 4th 2012 new
[quote]Pat-5351 said:

And that the only male response was to make fun of it/us.

That starts to tell the story I would say....

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

-Dante on Catholic Match
Sep 4th 2012 new

Dante, Braveheart, what say you about this writer's view of marriage and how he loves his wife?

Sep 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Dante, Braveheart, what say you about this writer's view of marriage and how he loves his wife?
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Dante, Braveheart, what say you about this writer's view of marriage and how he loves his wife?

--hide--

I say that this writer has spoken well and true. But are we worthy of such a sacrament? Do we possess the necessary humility and openness for it. For we must die to our natural selves, nothing less will do. Yet we talk about OUR hobbies, OUR travel plans, OUR desired traits in a mate. Maybe we ask the wrong questions.

At any event, thanks Patricia for posting this. I think it confirms that I have a call to the sacrament of marriage. It expresses the deepest desires of my heart.
Sep 4th 2012 new

NO SKIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you want a detention? laughing

Posts 11 - 20 of 25