Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 11th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Sometimes, it takes a second, third, or even fourth date to determine whether or not y...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Sometimes, it takes a second, third, or even fourth date to determine whether or not you want to see more of him.

And for me, I try to stay away from offering my opinion (i.e. "I think you're a nice guy, but ... etc.) .... in reality, the man isn't really interested in our opinion; he's interested in seeing you again and wants your concurrence. If he cannot get that, then a simple "thank you, but no, thank you" can help soften the blow; and if he's a reasonable, rational individual, he will understand and accept it. It's not our intention to hurt him, yet it is our intention to be honest; so with that simple "no, thank you," though it may sting him for a moment, he can't balk at your honesty.

Sometimes, sadly, life is difficult ... so is love ... even more so is rejection ... but everyone is not for everyone else. The sooner we understand and accept that, the better off we all will be.

Just some of my .... hope you meet your Prince Charming real soon, Julie!

--hide--
I'm very much interested in hearing a woman's opinion- on all matters. Like John I don't badmouth dates or exes, but I wish the last lady I dated recently for a little over six months could have told me it wasn't working for her sooner. Even at my age, I didn't see it coming. Said this before here on CM- I've been turned down more often than a ninety year old Jehovah's Witness. It still hurts, but you just turn the page to the next chapter.

Aug 11th 2012 new

Sometimes, just being a "nice guy" isn't enough. There has to be more for it to work. If they finish last, it could be because of something else.

Cat

Aug 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Sometimes, just being a "nice guy" isn't enough. There has to be more for it to work....
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Sometimes, just being a "nice guy" isn't enough. There has to be more for it to work. If they finish last, it could be because of something else.

Cat

--hide--

Absolutely correct Cat. Being nice isn't usually enough. "Nice Guy" is just the cover some women use to let a guy down when they hope it would work out, but it didn't. But I am learing that sometimes being called a nice guy, just means that you are a nice guy!

Aug 11th 2012 new

Personally, I prefer the "nice guys". They are so much better than the alternative. Only thing is, even nice guys can have undesirable qualities. Too bad some women use the term in the way you described, John. I don't think it's fair. If something doesn't work out, I think a person has a right to know why.

Cat

(Quote) John-666618 said: Absolutely correct Cat. Being nice isn't usually enough. "Nice Guy" is just the ...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Absolutely correct Cat. Being nice isn't usually enough. "Nice Guy" is just the cover some women use to let a guy down when they hope it would work out, but it didn't. But I am learing that sometimes being called a nice guy, just means that you are a nice guy!

--hide--

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Sometimes, just being a "nice guy" isn't enough. There has to be more for it to work....
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Cat

--hide--
Nothing like a fakey nice guy who is over trying rolling eyes

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Absolutely correct Cat. Being nice isn't usually enough. "Nice Guy" is just the ...

--hide--

Hmmmm.... we really need a gold star emote! wave heart

Aug 13th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:Hmmmm.... we really need a gold star emote!
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:
Hmmmm.... we really need a gold star emote!

--hide--

After the day I've had, I could use that gold star...

Aug 13th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: After the day I've had, I could use that gold star...

After the day I've had, I could use that gold star...

--hide--

Gold Medal Wolf Whistle Wolf Whistle

Best I could come up with. heart

Aug 13th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Best I could come up with.
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Best I could come up with.

--hide--

Being the nice guy that I am - I'll take it! biggrin

Aug 13th 2012 new

And once again, a nice guy finishes last!

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200