Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Would you guys rather we say..."You're such a jerk?".. I can never figu...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Would you guys rather we say..."You're such a jerk?".. I can never figure out WHAT MEN WANT US TO SAY..

--hide--
highfive Donna, I know that you've got like a hundred years more on here than me, but Boy, Howdy, ain't that the truth??!

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/what...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/whatever)" and "you are such a nice guy." It is almost like having someone asking a guy how his date was and having him describe the woman as "having a great personality."

--hide--
scratchchin Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the plate here, tell me the male perspective on this one:

"You have a great personality--you're so ______________." (Fill in the blank with "nice, kind, sweet, thoughtful, smart, etc)

To us wimmen-folk, that's usually a sign that the dust is about to fly.... tombstone

Sooo....what's a good come-back to cut to the chase and clarify if the man is just shy and nervous, or can't wait to get outta there? Give us an idea of what we can say that would be "nice" but effective.

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the p...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the plate here, tell me the male perspective on this one:

"You have a great personality--you're so ______________." (Fill in the blank with "nice, kind, sweet, thoughtful, smart, etc)

To us wimmen-folk, that's usually a sign that the dust is about to fly....

Sooo....what's a good come-back to cut to the chase and clarify if the man is just shy and nervous, or can't wait to get outta there? Give us an idea of what we can say that would be "nice" but effective.

--hide--

I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say could be held against me (and I may never get another CM date)

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: If we told you what we wanted, that would take all the sport out of it.

If we told you what we wanted, that would take all the sport out of it.

--hide--

Ohhhhh....Johhhhhnnnnnnn???? raspberry

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say could be held against me (and I may ...

I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say could be held against me (and I may never get another CM date)

--hide--
Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! Taking the Fifth, I see....

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: hmmmmmm... stirring the pot... not showing your 'nice' side!
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

hmmmmmm... stirring the pot... not showing your 'nice' side!

--hide--

Yeah...I thought he was such a nice guy.. scratchchin

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the p...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the plate here, tell me the male perspective on this one:

To us wimmen-folk, that's usually a sign that the dust is about to fly....

--hide--

O-M-GOSH..Yes.. I have been told.."Donna, you are a beautiful, loving compassionate woman......Butttttttttttttttttttttt....I don't want to date you.".

Don't give me platitudes then slap me down..

07/27/2012 new

Cindy,

If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a nice guys finishing last, if you think that is true -- then believe it. Personally, I do not.

I also don't feel the need to finish first. If I do in some areas - fine. The only thing in my life I need to finish first is gaining my salvation as nothing else will ever matter.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Yeah...I thought he was such a nice guy..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Yeah...I thought he was such a nice guy..

--hide--

Changing my image. The nice guy thing isn't working out all that well... laughing laughing laughing

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Cindy,If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Cindy,

If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a nice guys finishing last, if you think that is true -- then believe it. Personally, I do not.

I also don't feel the need to finish first. If I do in some areas - fine. The only thing in my life I need to finish first is gaining my salvation as nothing else will ever matter.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Ever the faithful knight--you persevere for the greatest reward. knight-errant Dove

Posts 21 - 30 of 200