Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Taking the Fifth, I see....
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Taking the Fifth, I see....

--hide--

Oh yeah. After the week I had, multiple fifths may be necessary!

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Oh yeah. After the week I had, multiple fifths may be necessary!
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Oh yeah. After the week I had, multiple fifths may be necessary!

--hide--

That would be....151, Stoli, Cuervo & what?? mischievous wave

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:That would be....151, Stoli, Cuervo & what??
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

That would be....151, Stoli, Cuervo & what??

--hide--

Meyer's Dark, Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Remy XO - or mostly just a nice glass of wine with dinner on the weekend. Darn - didn't mean to say "nice".

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: just a nice glass of wine with dinner on the weekend. Darn - didn't mean to say "nic...

just a nice glass of wine with dinner on the weekend. Darn - didn't mean to say "nice".

--hide--
Yeah, yeah, yeah..... laughing laughing Cheers! faint

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Cindy,If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Cindy,

If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a nice guys finishing last, if you think that is true -- then believe it. Personally, I do not.

I also don't feel the need to finish first. If I do in some areas - fine. The only thing in my life I need to finish first is gaining my salvation as nothing else will ever matter.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

EXCELLENT post, Leon! thumbsup My sentiments, exactly, "nice" isn't so bad. It's right up there with "sweet"! hersheyskiss laughing I'd take it any day over the opposite! wink

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Cindy,If someone tells me I am a nice guy...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Cindy,

If someone tells me I am a nice guy, I always accept that as a compliment. As far a nice guys finishing last, if you think that is true -- then believe it. Personally, I do not.

I also don't feel the need to finish first. If I do in some areas - fine. The only thing in my life I need to finish first is gaining my salvation as nothing else will ever matter.

Blessings,

Leon

EXCELLENT post, Leon! My sentiments, exactly, "nice" isn't so bad. It's right up there with "sweet"! I'd take it any day over the opposite!

--hide--

Kathy,

Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Jul 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: finish last?? True?? Thoughts??
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

finish last?? True?? Thoughts??

--hide--

Yes. Otherwise people will walk all over you
Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/what...

There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/whatever)" and "you are such a nice guy." It is almost like having someone asking a guy how his date was and having him describe the woman as "having a great personality."

--hide--

John, you have a point - I hate when the term for me "you are so sweet." rolling eyes Yes, I am a good person but that to me is chalk against the blackboard The connotation behind a word or phrase, says it all eyepopping

Jul 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: (Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the...

Quote:
Beverly-649723 said:

Hmmmm, John...since you and Ray seem to be the only "men" who'll step up to the plate here, tell me the male perspective on this one:

"You have a great personality--you're so ______________." (Fill in the blank with "nice, kind, sweet, thoughtful, smart, etc)

To us wimmen-folk, that's usually a sign that the dust is about to fly....

Sooo....what's a good come-back to cut to the chase and clarify if the man is just shy and nervous, or can't wait to get outta there? Give us an idea of what we can say that would be "nice" but effective.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that anything I say could be held against me (and I may never get another CM date)

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Jul 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Meyer's Dark, Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Remy XO - or mostly just a nice glass of wi...

Meyer's Dark, Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Remy XO - or mostly just a nice glass of wine with dinner on the weekend. Darn - didn't mean to say "nice".

--hide--

What time shall we ladies be there!? smile Battling eyelashes

Posts 31 - 40 of 200