Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/28/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: EXCELLENT post, Leon! My sentiments, exactly, "nice" isn't so bad. It...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

EXCELLENT post, Leon! My sentiments, exactly, "nice" isn't so bad. It's right up there with "sweet"! I'd take it any day over the opposite!

--hide--

Yep, Kathy, and Leon .... "nice" .... "sweet" .... "cute" .... been there, heard that! smile paper bag

07/28/2012 new
I love nice guys. I wish one would knock on my door and take Janna and I to dinner!
07/28/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: finish last?? True?? Thoughts??
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

finish last?? True?? Thoughts??

--hide--

Nice guys get put on the lets be friends barge

07/28/2012 new

Great responses LOL!! wave
And who knew that this could be such a provacative topic?? scratchchin

Here's my take: dating at ANY age has its challenges, ESPECIALLY in the over 45 range. If you're lucky enough to be asked out by what seems like a good person, great!! If, after a few more dates, you realize he or she really IS "nice," even better! (who wants to date someone who's NOT nice? tongue )

But then what... do you continue on with the budding friendship?? What if there are no fireworks yet? heartbeat

Come on, folks... you've come this far, let's go the distance with this thread. wink

07/28/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Great responses LOL!! And who knew that this could be such a provacative topic?? Here&...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Great responses LOL!!
And who knew that this could be such a provacative topic??

Here's my take: dating at ANY age has its challenges, ESPECIALLY in the over 45 range. If you're lucky enough to be asked out by what seems like a good person, great!! If, after a few more dates, you realize he or she really IS "nice," even better! (who wants to date someone who's NOT nice? )

But then what... do you continue on with the budding friendship?? What if there are no fireworks yet?

Come on, folks... you've come this far, let's go the distance with this thread.

--hide--
Cindy I think that you do continue with the friendship. Sometimes it takes time to develop a relationship. Oh and I think you can have fireworks with a nice guy. :)

07/28/2012 new

It seems like when I get told I am a nice guy, which has happened, believe it or not. The next line is, your like a brother to me, or their good friend, and the dating thing dosen't progress. I know and cherish my lady friends but always looking for something more. Just always accept Gods will. I would like to give you all a piece ofHappy Birthday! .

07/28/2012 new
If I am meeting someone from the general public or through my association with some organization (but not church), she is more likely to be a highly secular individual in today's society. I had someone tell me recently that she could not possibly live up to "my" standards. When I told her that my standards were just those of the Catholic Church, no more and no less, she had no reply. She was "Catholic".

If I am meeting someone from an online dating site like CM or through my local church, I am much more likely to find compatibility in thought, ideas, prayer life, political viewpoint and Christian ideology. However, even in this environment, that is not a guarantee that if you are just trying to live the faith, you will find a "compatible" partner that is also just trying to live the faith, and so it is that many of us struggle to find life partners in this secular world poisoned by materialism and theological errors and omissions, who also meet our own taste for company.

So do nice guys finish last? I believe it depends on the perspective. In the context of our secular society, they finish last in society's eyes, but first in God's eyes if they hold true to their Christian principles in spite of the attacks on morality. In the context of the true Christian dating world, since the overall numbers are much smaller, it is more difficult to find happiness close to home, and I believe you must look outward to be successful unless you are willing to compromise on some of your basic beliefs or wants. I am holding on to my core beliefs and wants at present in my own situation.

Because I hold true to the teachings of the Catholic Church, that may make me a nice guy to secular women, but I believe we should not seek to be first in love if it means compromising on core standards. I am happy to run the race until the day I die and never finish if it means compromising in such a way that I am miserable or divorced. If running the race as a nice guy and finishing last in this life gets me to heaven, then what are 80 or 90 years on earth in comparison to eternity with God in heaven?
07/28/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: And I am done now because anything else I can say can only get me in trouble. Guys? A little help ...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

And I am done now because anything else I can say can only get me in trouble. Guys? A little help here?

--hide--
John, you are so right. Hearing a lady say, "you are a really nice guy," is the same as hearing, "I like you as a friend." Both are the kiss of death. Unfortunately I heard that about a month ago, not exactly in those words. I'll never learn.

07/28/2012 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Nice guys get put on the lets be friends barge
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

Nice guys get put on the lets be friends barge

--hide--
Good one Dennis. I've always heard it as being banished to the "Friend Zone!"

07/28/2012 new

Cindy,

I wouldn't even try to tell a N'awlins lady about cooking embarassed ...but I think there is microwave zapping, and then there's slooooowwwww cooking....so yes, I believe that laughs shared, faith shared, and a couple of good times shared...making a history...can spice things up in a slow cooking friendship....and that can be a great rue! (is that spelled right "rue"????)

Now this wannabe cook...will exit humbly Bow out of the room!

Posts 41 - 50 of 200