Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which is hidden behind some trees on that road. Down the road and around the corner is my ex husband's house so I decided to drive past it. It's a well kept home out on a country road, and in a location where I wouldn't feel safe living in. Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

07/28/2012 new

when I said this outloud my brother laughed. What we perceive as a perfect life isn't always what it seems. Do you ever wonder why your life turned out the way it did? why you divorced or lost your husband/wife to death or illness? My ex was a professional drug addict...got his supply right from the pharmacy. Pharmacists who steal to get their supply have that to deal with the rest of their lives and not to mention all the sins committed. It was very rough on me living with him...I divorced him at our 7 yr. point. So, the new wife has to deal with his mental issues now. glad it's not me anymore. God is good and so is my life.

07/29/2012 new

I should re title this thread and call it Ranting...no need to reply here, just a random thought I had.

07/30/2012 new

If the ex- is bad ... the mercy of God permits houses, wives and dogs to rain on the just and unjust alike

If the ex- is mad ...the mercy of God permits houses, wives and dogs to rain on those who know not what they do.

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: If the ex- is bad ... the mercy of God permits houses, wives and dogs to rain on the just and u...
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

If the ex- is bad ... the mercy of God permits houses, wives and dogs to rain on the just and unjust alike

If the ex- is mad ...the mercy of God permits houses, wives and dogs to rain on those who know not what they do.

--hide--

u have hit the nail on the head. All his glory isn't making him the happiest man on earth. Even though I don't have my own home, a husband and a dog...I do have God on my side which is so much more important than anything else. He also has admitted to being an atheist.

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: (Quote) Roystan-340472 said: If the ex- is bad ... the mercy of God permit...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Quote:
Roystan-340472 said:

u have hit the nail on the head. All his glory isn't making him the happiest man on earth. Even though I don't have my own home, a husband and a dog...I do have God on my side which is so much more important than anything else. He also has admitted to being an atheist.

--hide--

Don't let your self be tempted into Envy or sad feelings about your state in life. You have Jesus, and the kingdom of God which is the Pearl of Great Price. Visit my thread in Single Life on Morals and Round Up to see what people have said about the Good Fortune of others who do not know God or follow His ways. As hard as it may be to do, try to send God prayers for your ex. We all face death and we all need Jesus. Pray for him to find true joy in Jesus. Don't let the enemy tempt you. Grab your rosary and join us in the 54 day novena. God wants our thoughts and our energy (I am talking to myself here DEAR!) so let us Give Jesus The Glory. I posted a video bt Father Barron later in my thread which will help you and me and all of us who suffer this! hug theheart You are not alone! theheart

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminol...

Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which is hidden behind some trees on that road. Down the road and around the corner is my ex husband's house so I decided to drive past it. It's a well kept home out on a country road, and in a location where I wouldn't feel safe living in. Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

--hide--
The same reason my x-wife is living in the house I paid for... Because, until all my kids are out and securely on there own they need a place to call home.

07/30/2012 new

My first husband and I did not have a good marriage, so let me get that out of the way.. But we had three young kids 9, 6 and 5. He decided to get involved with the SIL of one of his co-workers and left us (not saying the marriage wouldn't have ended anyway) She made a lot of money as an upper level computer programmer and drove a sports car.. They married 4mos after our divorce was final and bought a house in a very nice area north of Indy. After their marriage ended 16 years later, he told our kids that the marriage had been very unhappy and he had, in fact, been sleeping in the guest room for 5 years.. You know what he lamented the most? The loss of his fancy address and the sporty car.. He left with the mini-van.. And because he was able to get a settlement from her and her 240K (401K) and a share of the house, he could buy a manufactured home in a mobile home community. Our kids were by now, adults, and they were flabbergasted that he would stay in a marriage where he was verbally abused just to keep his fancy address.. A couple of times when my daughter was showing sympathy for Dad's plight, I would simply say "He got what he wanted". She would say.."MOMMMMM" rolling eyes laughing

07/30/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: when I said this outloud my brother laughed. What we perceive as a perfect life isn't always ...

when I said this outloud my brother laughed. What we perceive as a perfect life isn't always what it seems. Do you ever wonder why your life turned out the way it did? why you divorced or lost your husband/wife to death or illness? My ex was a professional drug addict...got his supply right from the pharmacy. Pharmacists who steal to get their supply have that to deal with the rest of their lives and not to mention all the sins committed. It was very rough on me living with him...I divorced him at our 7 yr. point. So, the new wife has to deal with his mental issues now. glad it's not me anymore. God is good and so is my life.

--hide--

When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet it is the sadness of dreams lost sad

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Don't let your self be tempted into Envy or sad feelings about your state in life. Yo...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Don't let your self be tempted into Envy or sad feelings about your state in life. You have Jesus, and the kingdom of God which is the Pearl of Great Price. Visit my thread in Single Life on Morals and Round Up to see what people have said about the Good Fortune of others who do not know God or follow His ways. As hard as it may be to do, try to send God prayers for your ex. We all face death and we all need Jesus. Pray for him to find true joy in Jesus. Don't let the enemy tempt you. Grab your rosary and join us in the 54 day novena. God wants our thoughts and our energy (I am talking to myself here DEAR!) so let us Give Jesus The Glory. I posted a video bt Father Barron later in my thread which will help you and me and all of us who suffer this! You are not alone!

--hide--
thanks for your kind words

Posts 1 - 10 of 30