Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Aug 2nd 2012 new

I would agree with you Ray.

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminol...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which is hidden behind some trees on that road. Down the road and around the corner is my ex husband's house so I decided to drive past it. It's a well kept home out on a country road, and in a location where I wouldn't feel safe living in. Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

--hide--

Hi Connie! Who cares! Seriously...you are too beautiful of a person to even be wondering such thoughts. eyebrow Wish him well, and just keep moving and looking forward. You are better off doing so. I don't look backwards, unless there is a lesson to be learned...then understand it, and keep going forward like you are. I only wish my ex-boyfriends the best! cool

Aug 6th 2012 new

(Quote) CarolAnn-816776 said: Hi Connie! Who cares! Seriously...you are too beautiful of a person to even be wonderi...
(Quote) CarolAnn-816776 said:

Hi Connie! Who cares! Seriously...you are too beautiful of a person to even be wondering such thoughts. Wish him well, and just keep moving and looking forward. You are better off doing so. I don't look backwards, unless there is a lesson to be learned...then understand it, and keep going forward like you are. I only wish my ex-boyfriends the best!

--hide--

Thank you for your Uplifting response :))))

Aug 6th 2012 new

cool cool cool hug

Sep 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Connie-17641 said: when I said this outloud my brother laughed. What we perceive ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
Connie-17641 said:

when I said this outloud my brother laughed. What we perceive as a perfect life isn't always what it seems. Do you ever wonder why your life turned out the way it did? why you divorced or lost your husband/wife to death or illness? My ex was a professional drug addict...got his supply right from the pharmacy. Pharmacists who steal to get their supply have that to deal with the rest of their lives and not to mention all the sins committed. It was very rough on me living with him...I divorced him at our 7 yr. point. So, the new wife has to deal with his mental issues now. glad it's not me anymore. God is good and so is my life.

When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet it is the sadness of dreams lost

--hide--
That is the truth about divorce. You have to let go of the dreams and future plans you may have had with that person. I know that when I told my ex that I forgave him for cheating during our marriage, I let go of all the negative emotions and was at peace....finally. Let go and forgive....you will experience blessings that God has been waiting to give you.
Sep 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (a...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

--hide--

Forgive him and forget him. Youhave your own life to live. It's UNHEALTHY to continue resenting him. (Please no denials - it's very obvious.) God has given you so very much. Don't worry about what your ex has or doesn't have.

Here's how to start the process: each day, ask God to bless Joel with all that's best and right for him. (Never specify/prescribe. Leave that up to God.) Say this prayer sincerely and without fail. It will change your life, bring you peace, joy, and gratitude.

heart

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Forgive him and forget him. Youhave your own life to live. It's UNHEALTHY to con...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Forgive him and forget him. Youhave your own life to live. It's UNHEALTHY to continue resenting him. (Please no denials - it's very obvious.) God has given you so very much. Don't worry about what your ex has or doesn't have.

Here's how to start the process: each day, ask God to bless Joel with all that's best and right for him. (Never specify/prescribe. Leave that up to God.) Say this prayer sincerely and without fail. It will change your life, bring you peace, joy, and gratitude.

--hide--

So true!!!! Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. Well said.

Sep 27th 2012 new

I just got divorced last year, June, 2 2012 after 36 years of an abusive marriage (emotional, physical, and verbal). He was not my boyfriend but we taught in the same University. We were matched by our co-workers, He was 32, I was 29. I should have walked out during the ceremony when he stalled in answering the questions during the exchanges of marital vows. I did not because I just dismissed that as him being in "cloud nine". I stayed because of my Catholic Faith and the children until that time when I could not take him anymore with his verbal abuses. He was very insecure, accusing me of having an affair. I was only talking to my ex-boyfriend who is happily married as he knew my situation. We were best of friends and we found each other again on Facebook. For all good reasons I never had the intention of breaking up his marriage; I befriended his wife.

When I left with the consent of my children and in consultation with a priest, I filed a divorce. He demanded to have all that we had and I was willing to waive all my rights on our assets in exchange of my freedom. He got our fully paid house and the business. In crises like this all we can do is put our trust in the Lord. Read Matthew 6:25-34. It's been 15 months now and in this period I am able to buy a land and a time share in my name. There is nothing in my 36 years of marriage that I can make a smile if I recollect them. It was a marriage made in hell. Am I looking for someone? NO. I am in three dating websites because I am writing a book about old age.

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet it is the sadness of dreams lost

--hide--

Laura, this is what I struggle with most. I was a faithful, supportive husband who put the ex through college, her daughter through private school while we were married, and supported our own children (not school age). Meanwhile, she rode horses whenever she wasn't in class, came home after the children were in bed most nights, didn't help with household responsibilities, ruined family finances (my income only, supporting her, three children and three horses), and was verbally and physically abusive. I divorced her (before becoming involved with the Catholic faith), paid alimony til she was out of college, and continue paying child support. Since the I've lost my military career of nearly 15 years and am starting over... completely... at nearly 40. I have no horses, no girlfriend (still awaiting annulment decision), and no sense that anyone loves me. I'm pretty much alone and the misery from loneliness that is crippling to the point I can't do things I used to enjoy. I'm a runner, and my speed has dropped off as my joyfulness has dropped. (Coming back, slowly). Meanwhile, she still has horses and does whatever she wants... earns substantially as much as I do since taking a career hit this year, and more when you factor in child support I pay.

This world isn't right or fair. For my sake I am happy to be taking of my children, and can only pray that our Lord has a good woman in mind for me who will be accepting of my past and willing to experience my love and desire to build her up and to build a family together.

Michael

Oct 14th 2012 new

Michael, I'll pray for you theheart I hope you will find the best one as God direction for you, like I have mine right now.

Posts 21 - 30 of 30