Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Well, you're in luck because rumor has it that The Magician's Nephew is supposed to be next. ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Well, you're in luck because rumor has it that The Magician's Nephew is supposed to be next.

However, one problem with the speculation. The Narnia website was taken down. Just redirects you to facebook. Hope it doesn't mean they buried plans for the remaining novels.
--hide--

I read awhile ago that the producers of the other films(Walden films) lost the right to make the next film, but I read that in Wikipedia so who knows?

Aug 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-876737 said: I read awhile ago that the producers of the other films(Walden films) lost the right to ma...
(Quote) Carlos-876737 said:

I read awhile ago that the producers of the other films(Walden films) lost the right to make the next film, but I read that in Wikipedia so who knows?

--hide--
I'm disappointed if that's true. Such a wholesome series for youth! Lots of spiritual symbolism! A home run for the movie industry which has few and far between really pure movies. It was awesome on the big screen. Especially the first one. Beautiful and enchanting!

Well, The Hobbit will be coming out in December. www.youtube.com When I was a teen - early 20's the guy I grew up wanted me to read the Lord of the Rings and I was never drawn to do so. Will see the movie to finally see what I think of it. Have no interest in reading Tolkein, though, because I'm busy reading other things...
Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm disappointed if that's true. Such a wholesome series for youth! Lots of spiritual symbolism! ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I'm disappointed if that's true. Such a wholesome series for youth! Lots of spiritual symbolism! A home run for the movie industry which has few and far between really pure movies. It was awesome on the big screen. Especially the first one. Beautiful and enchanting!

Well, The Hobbit will be coming out in December. www.youtube.com When I was a teen - early 20's the guy I grew up wanted me to read the Lord of the Rings and I was never drawn to do so. Will see the movie to finally see what I think of it. Have no interest in reading Tolkein, though, because I'm busy reading other things...
--hide--

If you like Narnia, you should read Tolkien. I just spent the last seven months rereading The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin, The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, while reading stuff from college, history, theology, classical literature and science fiction books. There's time for everything. I recommend you the illustrated editions from these Tolkien books published by Harper Collins and illustrated by Alan Lee, the same man who ws responsible for concept art in the Hobbit and LOTR movies.

Aug 4th 2012 new

There's also a famous quote by the Sunday Times that goes like this:

" The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and those who are going to read them."

Aug 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-876737 said: There's also a famous quote by the Sunday Times that goes like this: " The English...

There's also a famous quote by the Sunday Times that goes like this:

" The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and those who are going to read them."

--hide--
Now that sounds important. Even more important than the difference between those who have gone to college and those who have not? scratchchin
Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Now that sounds important. Even more important than the difference between those who have gone to college...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Now that sounds important. Even more important than the difference between those who have gone to college and those who have not?
--hide--

I don't understand the analogy? I was jsut saying that those books carry weight. It just illustrates the impact that those stories have had in these last generation.

Aug 4th 2012 new

Sorry for my typos. My keyboard is all crazy today haha

Aug 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-876737 said: I don't understand the analogy? I was jsut saying that those books carry weight. It ju...

I don't understand the analogy? I was jsut saying that those books carry weight. It just illustrates the impact that those stories have had in these last generation.

--hide--
I understood you. It was a provoking thought. I found the comment interesting.

As for me, I was joking. mischievous
Aug 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-876737 said: If you like Narnia, you should read Tolkien. I just spent the last seven months rereading ...

If you like Narnia, you should read Tolkien. I just spent the last seven months rereading The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin, The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, while reading stuff from college, history, theology, classical literature and science fiction books. There's time for everything. I recommend you the illustrated editions from these Tolkien books published by Harper Collins and illustrated by Alan Lee, the same man who ws responsible for concept art in the Hobbit and LOTR movies.

--hide--
Well, I'll do this. I'll see how interesting the movie is and then decide.

I have a pile of reading material waiting on other subject matters for my "spare time". Promised myself not to be diverted before I finally ready "The Gift of Fear" (which every human being should read), serious/more extended and not crammed for short-term memory CPR, First Aid, Survival Skills, etc. type materials, and extensive research on an apparition of the Blessed Mother in Argentina. Long story. Tolkein will have to wait in line, but I'll think about it. Thanks for sharing!
Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Well, I'll do this. I'll see how interesting the movie is and then decide. I have a pile ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Well, I'll do this. I'll see how interesting the movie is and then decide.

I have a pile of reading material waiting on other subject matters for my "spare time". Promised myself not to be diverted before I finally ready "The Gift of Fear" (which every human being should read), serious/more extended and not crammed for short-term memory CPR, First Aid, Survival Skills, etc. type materials, and extensive research on an apparition of the Blessed Mother in Argentina. Long story. Tolkein will have to wait in line, but I'll think about it. Thanks for sharing!
--hide--

Sure. In my case, such stories take first place. Both my college studies are intertwined with my storytelling hobby. So at least I must read one book per weeks coupled with my university studies, so I can push my stories forward for publication.

Posts 21 - 30 of 33