Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 20th 2012 new

I too would just like to quickly comment on the divisions of the Catholic Church. It is very sad and definitely a satanic plot to snare more souls for hell, as the Church was founded to be universal and apostolic and we profess this every Sunday. I have been dearly effected by this unraveling of the "universal" as someone I dated for many years and I think am a good fit with in every way was very much into the new charismatic and life teen movements which while not prohibited by any of the last few popes seem to me to have modernist underpinnings which were warned against by many prior popes.

We should all continue to ask for the intercession of the Blessed Mary that she appeal to her Son to end this period of division and ambiguity within the Church.

Praying

Aug 20th 2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: I too would just like to quickly comment on the divisions of the Catholic Church. It is very sad a...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

I too would just like to quickly comment on the divisions of the Catholic Church. It is very sad and definitely a satanic plot to snare more souls for hell, as the Church was founded to be universal and apostolic and we profess this every Sunday. I have been dearly effected by this unraveling of the "universal" as someone I dated for many years and I think am a good fit with in every way was very much into the new charismatic and life teen movements which while not prohibited by any of the last few popes seem to me to have modernist underpinnings which were warned against by many prior popes.

We should all continue to ask for the intercession of the Blessed Mary that she appeal to her Son to end this period of division and ambiguity within the Church.

--hide--
If one is a traditional Catholic,it will be very difficult to find a match!

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) John-324285 said: I too would just like to quickly comment on the ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
John-324285 said:

If one is a traditional Catholic,it will be very difficult to find a match!

--hide--

This may be true- But if the other partner is open, it may be not as hard. It depends on how many various 'extra beliefs' the trad is asking the person to believe while they are in relationship with the traditional person. I say this with all due respect and probably should share this just privately, I suppose.
I know various Christians of all types who believe in various conspiracy theories( I have been watching some videos) and every one is another belief one can choose to believe or not. Each one complicates the goal of finding someone. I saw a video recently that believes that EWTN is the work of the devil, so there are many varied beliefs out there which are looking at everyone else with suspicion. I am not surprised- as we live in VERY unstable and scary times. But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."
--hide--
That doesn't mean bury your head in the sand or be blindy obedient to error either. wink

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

Quote:
Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

That doesn't mean bury your head in the sand or be blindy obedient to error either.

--hide--

No I am not suggesting any such thing. We do have to pay attention to what has happened and intelligently review what is going on and what has happened during all of these years, how it is and has affected the church and our culture and how our culture has affected the church. I ususally look at the big picture, Bern so you don't see me burying anything..

We definitely have a problem. No argument there.

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

Quote:
Marian-83994 said: But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

That doesn't mean bury your head in the sand or be blindy obedient to error either.

--hide--

It would be unhealthy to blindly believe and spend time researching and believing every conspiracy theory as well. There was one video I decided not to view which simply was about how the London Olympics were part of a plot to take over the world.. or something- I don't know...

One has to be wise about this too as wise as one can be and keep studying the Church too so that we know God and what he asks of us.

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: This may be true- But if the other partner is open, it may be not as hard. It depends on ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

This may be true- But if the other partner is open, it may be not as hard. It depends on how many various 'extra beliefs' the trad is asking the person to believe while they are in relationship with the traditional person. I say this with all due respect and probably should share this just privately, I suppose.
I know various Christians of all types who believe in various conspiracy theories( I have been watching some videos) and every one is another belief one can choose to believe or not. Each one complicates the goal of finding someone. I saw a video recently that believes that EWTN is the work of the devil, so there are many varied beliefs out there which are looking at everyone else with suspicion. I am not surprised- as we live in VERY unstable and scary times. But Jesus said to us "Do not be afraid."

--hide--

Growing up as a child, the movies had me enamored of Traditional Catholic practices. . . .now, I would be okay dating/marrying a lady who wore dresses and skirts most of the time, if she felt it helped her spiritually, but they'd still have to be modern and in style---not the mennonite denim skirts. . . blech. I'm afraid its an hour's drive to an authorized TLM, or a little less to unauthorized, and I'm not really into the movement, as most TLM Catholics here are pro-homeschooling, etc. and I'm not into that movement at all.

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: This may be true- But if the other partn...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Growing up as a child, the movies had me enamored of Traditional Catholic practices. . . .now, I would be okay dating/marrying a lady who wore dresses and skirts most of the time, if she felt it helped her spiritually, but they'd still have to be modern and in style---not the mennonite denim skirts. . . blech. I'm afraid its an hour's drive to an authorized TLM, or a little less to unauthorized, and I'm not really into the movement, as most TLM Catholics here are pro-homeschooling, etc. and I'm not into that movement at all.

--hide--

Can you show me an example of a Mennonite denim skirt? I am wondering what look you refer to.

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Can you show me an example of a Mennonite denim skirt? I am wondering what look you refer...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Can you show me an example of a Mennonite denim skirt? I am wondering what look you refer to.

--hide--

blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

This, only often with Western Style blouses or boots for those that are progressive, and usually braided hair or bun. . . Nicki on Big Love---I should have said it was LDS polygamy clothing. . . . :)

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Can you show me an example of a Mennonit...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

This, only often with Western Style blouses or boots for those that are progressive, and usually braided hair or bun. . . Nicki on Big Love---I should have said it was LDS polygamy clothing. . . . :)

--hide--

I sort of know what you mean yes and I also tried to look this up. It is sort of a prairie look. I think a woman can wear one of these skirts but vary her blouse so that she is not so "prairie"? I see what is happening in this photo you sent too..

It could be that we may want to have a new thread...

Posts 11 - 20 of 36