Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

08/22/2012 new

That is an interesting perspecive. I go to the traditional latin mass and I often wear kakis (with a tie,) especially in summer. I wear the same to work, epspecially when I have to go to Phoenix, and I have never been accused of appearing "LDS polygomus." I do have a couple pairs of Navy linen pants I subsitute when I have meetings with our external clients which go well with my summer coat, but excepting that it is usally kakis all summer, and most of spring. A lot of my colleagues wear kakis as a uniform, and this may be an Arizona heat thing, it was 113 one day last week, but I amnot going to lie; I have never noticed anything uncatholic or untraditional about going to mass dressed professionally in kakis.

08/22/2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: I'm not a modest person at all. . . but I don't wear Magnum PI shorts, either...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

I'm not a modest person at all. . . but I don't wear Magnum PI shorts, either. I personally just am not for the TLM but I'd have to drive a long way. We are a pretty conservative community, though.

--hide--
I drive over 100 miles round trip for TLM.It's well worth it.

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: That is an interesting perspecive. I go to the traditional latin mass and I often wear kakis (w...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

That is an interesting perspecive. I go to the traditional latin mass and I often wear kakis (with a tie,) especially in summer. I wear the same to work, epspecially when I have to go to Phoenix, and I have never been accused of appearing "LDS polygomus." I do have a couple pairs of Navy linen pants I subsitute when I have meetings with our external clients which go well with my summer coat, but excepting that it is usally kakis all summer, and most of spring. A lot of my colleagues wear kakis as a uniform, and this may be an Arizona heat thing, it was 113 one day last week, but I amnot going to lie; I have never noticed anything uncatholic or untraditional about going to mass dressed professionally in kakis.

--hide--

Its cool to wear nice clothes for Mass and for work. . . . again, my observation may be skewed, because I have only visited the area three times for Navy funerals, and my observation was that there were sanctioned TLM attenders present (they were nice and introduced themselves to my detail as members of SJV, a CFSP sanctioned church), and then there were some others not from there (not sure their affiliation), and then there were SSPX. The SJV church members looked like normal dressed up people (women had dresses but contemporary hair styles). The splinter group people dressed much more like Apostolics for the funerals.

I've done business in the town a few times, and mentioned to a friend who teaches in the area that there are women and men who seem dressed very nice just to go around town (the slacks and the long dresses) and was informed that the traditionalists (regardless of which Church they attend) tended to dress like that all the time. Its not a judgement call that its wrong to dress that way, its just not the norm for our farming communities, where even the Apostolic women wear jeans for a quick trip to town when they're helping drive a grain truck to town or picking up something at the Apostolic-owned lumberyard. Its not a problem, its just different and noticeable. Nothing wrong with being different, except as Mother Abbess notes it as "pretentiously pious."

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I drive over 100 miles round trip for TLM.It's well worth it.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I drive over 100 miles round trip for TLM.It's well worth it.

--hide--

I'm sure that it is very rewarding to you and enriching to attend, and for many others. I think that's great that there is a worship service for all. As a Novus Order attendee, and as a responsible party for schedules, I'm glad that I can incorporate a blend of elements into our Novus Order Mass.

08/24/2012 new

more bitter hysterics.

when will this guy (i) get a decent toupee or drp the bad rug altogether and simply admit to the world he's BALD; (ii) stop griping and finger-pointeing; (iii) point out ssome positive developments in the church?

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Shorts are okay as long as they are modest.Not usually an issue for men.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Shorts are okay as long as they are modest.Not usually an issue for men.

--hide--

well, maybe if you wear shorts, you could be an occasion of sin for some woman or even a man who struggles with same-sex attraction. best not to sin by wearing comfortable clothes.

Posts 31 - 36 of 36