Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

do I need second annulment?

Aug 2nd 2012 new

I have an annulment from my first husband, to whom I was married 18 years. Shortly after our divorce, then annulment, I met and a couple of years later married, someone in a ceremony performed by a Baptist minister at a friend's home. During the time we were married, and unknown to me until my daughters' confronted me with what they found out, my second husband had/was having at least 3 extra-marital affairs. AFter 4 years of marriage we were divorced. If I should become serious after someone again, because of this second marriage of mine being performed in a friend's home (even if it was by a Baptist minister), would I need to get an annulment?

Aug 4th 2012 new

Hi Leslie,, I think you still need to file an annullment.. May I ask, your ex was a Baptist?

Are you using your ex last name?

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Leslie-398766 said: I have an annulment from my first husband, to whom I was married 18 years. Shortly after our div...
(Quote) Leslie-398766 said:

I have an annulment from my first husband, to whom I was married 18 years. Shortly after our divorce, then annulment, I met and a couple of years later married, someone in a ceremony performed by a Baptist minister at a friend's home. During the time we were married, and unknown to me until my daughters' confronted me with what they found out, my second husband had/was having at least 3 extra-marital affairs. AFter 4 years of marriage we were divorced. If I should become serious after someone again, because of this second marriage of mine being performed in a friend's home (even if it was by a Baptist minister), would I need to get an annulment?

--hide--

To my knowledge, you will still need an annulment. If your ex was Baptist, his baptism (if he had one) may not be considered valid. It may just the short form. You might check with Jerry. He understands the ideosyncracies better than I do. At the very least, he explains them better! heart

Aug 4th 2012 new

No, my ex - to make a long story short - was baptized (so he said) Catholic, but never practiced. But during our 4 year marriage, I found just about everything he told me was lies. So I do not really know the truth about him.

Yes, I never changed back to my maiden name - not for any particular reason.

Aug 4th 2012 new

No, as I explained in another post, I think he was baptized Catholic....but like most of what he said during our 4 years of marriage, this could have been a lie.

Who is Jerry?

Aug 4th 2012 new

so sorry this happened to you.

yes, you should file for an annulment. given his conduct and frame of mind and your vulnerability at the time you met/married him,. i'd say it seems likely to be granted.

Aug 4th 2012 new

Leslie your best contact your parish priest. He can give the best direction as to what is needed.

Aug 4th 2012 new

Leslie,
Contact your diocesan marriage tribunal. They will give you accurate information and the steps you need to take. Unfortunately, not all parish Priests have been trained in the annulment process and give wrong information.

Prayers that all goes well for you.

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-605462 said: Leslie,Contact your diocesan marriage tribunal. They will give you accurate information ...
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:

Leslie,
Contact your diocesan marriage tribunal. They will give you accurate information and the steps you need to take. Unfortunately, not all parish Priests have been trained in the annulment process and give wrong information.

Prayers that all goes well for you.

--hide--

Sounds like Leslie might just need a Lack of Canonical Form annulment.. I agree that the best thing for her to do is contact her Tribunal.

@Leslie.. Jerry is the 'other' Forum Moderator.. He knows a lot about Canon Law. He tries not to post in here much because he is 'GASP' a Never Married..

Aug 4th 2012 new

Thank you to all for all your comments. I appreciate the help. I will contact my Tribunal.

Leslie

Posts 1 - 10 of 22