Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 12th 2012 new
Hi Andrea, I have never done this before. I also know a few couples where the woman is considerably older than her partner. It is interesting and fascinating to me. I know I could offer some good to that situation however, I have never been approached by a younger man. I think it would be great for a women's self confidence. I wish you all the best, Andrea
Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Bonnie-762965 said: Hi Andrea, I have never done this before. I also know a few couples where the woman is considerably older than h...
(Quote) Bonnie-762965 said: Hi Andrea, I have never done this before. I also know a few couples where the woman is considerably older than her partner. It is interesting and fascinating to me. I know I could offer some good to that situation however, I have never been approached by a younger man. I think it would be great for a women's self confidence.

I wish you all the best, Andrea
--hide--

wave Hello Bonnie, welcome to the "club" here on CM!
Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Hello Bonnie, welcome to the "club" here on CM!
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Hello Bonnie, welcome to the "club" here on CM!
--hide--

What have you never done before - online-dating - or writing in the fora?
Aug 12th 2012 new

[quote]Jim-397948 said:

Only if you live in Virginia!!!!!

Wow Jim! I live in Virginia!!!!

Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Bonnie-762965 said: Hi Andrea, I have never done this before. I also know a few couples where the woman is considerably older than h...
(Quote) Bonnie-762965 said: Hi Andrea, I have never done this before. I also know a few couples where the woman is considerably older than her partner. It is interesting and fascinating to me. I know I could offer some good to that situation however, I have never been approached by a younger man. I think it would be great for a women's self confidence.

I wish you all the best, Andrea
--hide--
Maybe it is about time!!!!!!

www.youtube.com
Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: It doesn't really matter to me .... after all, it's only a number .... I'm lo...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

It doesn't really matter to me .... after all, it's only a number .... I'm looking for substance and character, internal qualities.

[shrugging shoulders]

--hide--

I have three girlfriends from one family who each married in their forties (all are still happily married after 7-10 years). They all were persued by and married men who ranged from four to eight years younger. I tend to be interested in men 7-8 years young to two years older. Women do tend to live longer than men and my family has a longevity factor. I dated a young men who was 10 years my junior while in my thirties but he had a different set of moral ideas. The most important thing to me is the substance and morals.

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: That's a mistake I wouldn't mind making once! While the idea might appeal to ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

That's a mistake I wouldn't mind making once!

While the idea might appeal to me based on the fact that I feel generally younger than my age, I can't really see that working for me. I think I'd be suspicious of his intentions. There were two younger men (in real life, not on CM) who expressed an interest in me in the past 5 years, but I sensed they were looking for a mother figure. No, thank you! However, who am I to dictate to God who He should choose for me....

--hide--

I agree.

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I think in that era it was common not to smile for pictures.
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I think in that era it was common not to smile for pictures.

--hide--

The reason folks didn't smile in those old photos is because they had to keep still for long periods of time due to the lens having to remain open to allow light to expose the film. Smiling in photos developed over time as the camera became more modern and required less time for the lens to be open. Contrast that to today's lightning fast shutter speed. eyepopping

Solemn faces had NOTHING to do with happy subjects. wink

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-3610 said: I tend to be interested in men 7-8 years young to two years older. Women do tend to live longer th...
(Quote) Sandra-3610 said:

I tend to be interested in men 7-8 years young to two years older. Women do tend to live longer than men and my family has a longevity factor. I dated a young men who was 10 years my junior while in my thirties but he had a different set of moral ideas. The most important thing to me is the substance and morals.

--hide--

My sister is VERY happily married to a man who's at least 7 years her junior. The older we get, the less important the age gap. Just ask any teenager - anyone over 50 is ancient. tongue

Aug 23rd 2012 new

laughing laughing laughing When I was a teen...over 40 was pretty old. heart

Posts 101 - 110 of 143