Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

08/24/2012 new

ok ladies, I actually like to know how many of you actually CONTACT men younger than you?

Gentlemen, how many women do you really actively contact who are older to you?

I mean you go every so often cruising through the profiles and see an attractive man/woman who is younger/older to you. Do you sit down and write him or her a mail or emo (which is not just blank)?

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: ok ladies, I actually like to know how many of you actually CONTACT men younger than you?
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

ok ladies, I actually like to know how many of you actually CONTACT men younger than you?

Gentlemen, how many women do you really actively contact who are older to you?

I mean you go every so often cruising through the profiles and see an attractive man/woman who is younger/older to you. Do you sit down and write him or her a mail or emo (which is not just blank)?

--hide--

Those applying in the affirmative are invited to my booth to purchase your heart a Cougar and I heart Cougars t-shrts!

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Those applying in the affirmative are invited to my booth to purchase your a Cougar and I...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Those applying in the affirmative are invited to my booth to purchase your a Cougar and I Cougars t-shrts!

--hide--

Andrea,

I send a LOT of birthday messages. If I recognize them from here, a person looks interesting, etc., I'll send one. I won't send to anyone under 38 as I get creeped out wondering if I should be fixing them up with my daughter. There is a certain ick factor to dating someone young enough to date my daughter. heart

Jerry ... Nice ...really nice!! I have strict rules about that cougar stuff. tongue heart

08/24/2012 new

Jerry, have mercy on me, but I don't get that joke (if it is one .. hahah) - please explain it to me, ja!?

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Andrea,I send a LOT of birthday messages. If I recognize them from here, a pe...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Andrea,

I send a LOT of birthday messages. If I recognize them from here, a person looks interesting, etc., I'll send one. I won't send to anyone under 38 as I get creeped out wondering if I should be fixing them up with my daughter. There is a certain ick factor to dating someone young enough to date my daughter.

Jerry ... Nice ...really nice!! I have strict rules about that cougar stuff.

--hide--

Found someone who isn't frightend flower biggrin...

clap AnneMarie ...

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Andrea,I send a LOT of birthday messages. If I recognize them from here, a pe...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Andrea,

I send a LOT of birthday messages. If I recognize them from here, a person looks interesting, etc., I'll send one. I won't send to anyone under 38 as I get creeped out wondering if I should be fixing them up with my daughter. There is a certain ick factor to dating someone young enough to date my daughter.

Jerry ... Nice ...really nice!! I have strict rules about that cougar stuff.

--hide--

I forgot: do you get any answers?

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Jerry, have mercy on me, but I don't get that joke (if it is one .. hahah) - please explain ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Jerry, have mercy on me, but I don't get that joke (if it is one .. hahah) - please explain it to me, ja!?

--hide--

In American popular culture (or what passes for culture these days...), the term 'cougar' refers to older women who pursue or engage in romantic or intimate relationships with younger men. There is a minimum age difference for one to be considered a cougar, although I don't recall what is is -- perhaps 5 or 7 years.

08/24/2012 new

Thank you Jerry!

08/24/2012 new

A small percentage. Some emotes. I haven't had any negative feedback though. And yes, I'm reaching out. I am no different here than I am offline. I'm a touchy, feely kind of person and I have never met a stranger. If someone finds that offensive online, they absolutely, positively will not like me offline. It's very simple and best to be up front about it. heart

08/24/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In American popular culture (or what passes for culture these days...), the term 'cou...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

In American popular culture (or what passes for culture these days...), the term 'cougar' refers to older women who pursue or engage in romantic or intimate relationships with younger men. There is a minimum age difference for one to be considered a cougar, although I don't recall what is is -- perhaps 5 or 7 years.

--hide--

Not quite, that would put me in that category, and I can't imagine ever qualifying. "Typically, the term refers to women over 30 years old who pursue men more than seven years younger." heart

Posts 111 - 120 of 143