Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 24th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Not quite, that would put me in that category, and I can't imagine ever qualifyin...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Not quite, that would put me in that category, and I can't imagine ever qualifying. "Typically, the term refers to women over 30 years old who pursue men more than seven years younger."

--hide--

I believe the term for women under 30 who pursue men more than 7 years younger is 'potential felon'. OK, not in all cases, but it's getting close!

Aug 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In American popular culture (or what passes for culture these days...), the term 'cou...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

In American popular culture (or what passes for culture these days...), the term 'cougar' refers to older women who pursue or engage in romantic or intimate relationships with younger men. There is a minimum age difference for one to be considered a cougar, although I don't recall what is is -- perhaps 5 or 7 years.

--hide--

To be called a cougar I do believe the age difference is more then 10 years of age. I gleaned my information from other online chats. laughing laughing laughing

therefore, it must be legit!

Aug 24th 2012 new

Oh and the women does need to be over 30!

AnneMarie, it does get that ick factor when they could date one of your kids!!!! Uggggg.......

Aug 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I believe the term for women under 30 who pursue men more than 7 years younger is 'po...

I believe the term for women under 30 who pursue men more than 7 years younger is 'potential felon'. OK, not in all cases, but it's getting close!

--hide--

There is a very well known (successful business) local woman, probably in her late 70's who "dates" young men in their 20's. THAT's an example of a cougar. NOT illegal, NOT 5 - 7 years her junior.

CM success stories have women marrying men 7 years younger.

Aug 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I believe the term for women under 30 who pursue men more than 7 years younger is 'po...

--hide--

surprised Whoops - think you would be right!!! Again - ick factor when they are young enough to be my child or old enough to be my parent. I have dated some men that pushed the top side of the scale. I probably will again. Will I drop on the low side?? Ummm...no. heart

Aug 24th 2012 new

Jerry's right - if they aren't over 30 and go more than 7 years...it runs close to felony. How on earth did this devolve this badly? surprised sorry heart

Aug 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: ... CM success stories have women marrying men 7 years younger.
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

CM success stories have women marrying men 7 years younger.

--hide--

Do you know who reached out first,Cindy?

Aug 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Do you know who reached out first,Cindy?
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Do you know who reached out first,Cindy?

--hide--

The man, who was the younger of the two.

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal the age difference becomes. When my sister was 28, she married a 43 year old. He was in great shape, very active, and the age difference really was no big deal. At 40, her husband was 55, offered early retirement from a major corporation and she retired too. He was ready to slow down, but she was only 40. But they are in love, so it worked. At 50, he was 65 and starting to get major health issues. Now she's in her late 50's and he is nearing mid 70's with emphysema, on oxygen and needs a scooter to get around. She looks and acts way older than I do, mostly because she is dealing with geriatric issues that someone our age does not normally deal with.

It's nice to speak in ideal terms, and I know that we need to be open to God's will. But, shouldn't we put ourselves in a position where God can help us find happiness? Talking about + or - 3 to 5 years is fine. I know everyone's genetics are different, my great grandmother made it to 110. But c'mon! 15 to 20 years older at our age? I know this will upset some people, but statistically speaking, if I dated a woman 20 years older than me, well, let's just say that I should keep my CM membership current.

--hide--
I was 27 years old in 1972 and teaching accounting in college, three 17-years old students would leave love notes on my table. I shove them as teenage flings. In 2008 (I moved to the US in 1986), when I went back to visit my country I met one of them. Believe me, he looked very much older than me at 53, I was 63. He said after graduation he went to Saudi Arabia for money, came back rich in 1986. He said the first thing he did when he came back was to find me. At this time I was already here in the US. He gave up looking for me and got married in 1996. he was 41. I think youth is genetic.(If you would see my profile album). The second husband of my 77 years old sister is 14 years younger. They've been married for 24 years. My daughter now 37 has a boyfriend who is 25, and they look like they have the same age. I had a boyfriend 9 years younger, I was his first love. We found each other on Facebook in 2009, he said he still loves me. He is married and I don't have any intention of breaking their marriage. In his current picture at 58, he looks older than me. I guess men age faster than women.

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: I was 27 years old in 1972 and teaching accounting in college, three 17-years old students w...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

I was 27 years old in 1972 and teaching accounting in college, three 17-years old students would leave love notes on my table. I shove them as teenage flings. In 2008 (I moved to the US in 1986), when I went back to visit my country I met one of them. Believe me, he looked very much older than me at 53, I was 63. He said after graduation he went to Saudi Arabia for money, came back rich in 1986. He said the first thing he did when he came back was to find me. At this time I was already here in the US. He gave up looking for me and got married in 1996. he was 41. I think youth is genetic.(If you would see my profile album). The second husband of my 77 years old sister is 14 years younger. They've been married for 24 years. My daughter now 37 has a boyfriend who is 25, and they look like they have the same age. I had a boyfriend 9 years younger, I was his first love. We found each other on Facebook in 2009, he said he still loves me. He is married and I don't have any intention of breaking their marriage. In his current picture at 58, he looks older than me. I guess men age faster than women.

--hide--

Wow, what a story!

Posts 121 - 130 of 143