Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

09/29/2012 new
If you are happy together,age is irrevelent.
09/30/2012 new

I have been amazed that so many younger men have asked me out. Some even younger than my sons, and to that I say no-way. I have dated some younger men, but not more than 5 years. I have come up with this theory that all of the older man have taken all of the young women so the young men have to resort to older women. Seriously though since I have started dating again I have dated more younger men than I have older.

10/04/2012 new
I have been contacted by younger men quite often, and I have a real life friend who is 32, but I made it clear to him that our age difference was too great for us to be anything other than friends. But if the right man for me turns out to be someone younger, so be it. I am healthy and have a high energy level. For instance, my young friend and I went on a 3 1/2 hour canoe trip recently. But I think that 18 years is just too much of a difference for us to be a romantic couple. We could get along fine and not look too strange together now, but in 20 years I will be 71, but he would only be 52, and that would be weird. But I don't think an age difference of 10 years or less one way or another is that important. A few years doesn't even register with me. I am not seeking a younger man, but I'm not opposed to the idea either. Shannan
10/05/2012 new

I love your reply Cindy!

10/18/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: There is a very well known (successful business) local woman, probably in her late 70'...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

There is a very well known (successful business) local woman, probably in her late 70's who "dates" young men in their 20's. THAT's an example of a cougar. NOT illegal, NOT 5 - 7 years her junior.

CM success stories have women marrying men 7 years younger.

--hide--

Somehow I don't think Pat considers herself a cougar with Dan 7 years younger.. laughing laughing

10/19/2012 new
Yes, it gas happened to me quite a lot. Usually I think it us like falling in love with a pin up that fascinates one. It is like other forms of objectification...One has to have common intetests and I think a ten year age span us usually the average.
11/02/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears a...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears about that men seek younger women for different reasons.

But how do you think about the fact that there are men who are attracted to elder women. What is it that those women have? What makes them so attractive to men younger to them?

I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the man and they are doing very well.

Would that be also a possibility for you? Had you yourself experienced that maybe before or want to share your thoughts?

Thank you! Andrea

--hide--

Relationship experience is what I would attribute to this sort of attraction.

11/02/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: ok ladies, I actually like to know how many of you actually CONTACT men younger than you?
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

ok ladies, I actually like to know how many of you actually CONTACT men younger than you?

Gentlemen, how many women do you really actively contact who are older to you?

I mean you go every so often cruising through the profiles and see an attractive man/woman who is younger/older to you. Do you sit down and write him or her a mail or emo (which is not just blank)?

--hide--

Andrea, you'd need to define younger. To me, younger just means anybody younger than yourself. However, I think what you mean is A LOT YOUNGER than yourself. I do not contact any men a lot younger than me and I am not interested in a relationship with one. I've been contacted with men 20 years younger than me on this site and that's just too young for comfort for me.

11/02/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: there's not always good reasons: 1. many older women are not eager to mar...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

there's not always good reasons:

1. many older women are not eager to marry.

2. most older women are not desperate (even able) to conceive a child.

3. many older women are mature and grounded. they can handle a relationship better than a younger women - especially if it's a non-committed physical/sexual relationship.

4. many older women are frustrated with the inability of men their age to perform sexually and therefore welcome the attentions of more virile younger men.

5. older women are wiser, smarter, and better in bed.

--hide--

Some of your assertions are very gutsy, David. I like it and I agree with most of them.

11/02/2012 new

my daughters husband is ten years younger. He had his eye on her when he was only19 and she was 29. They have been married happily for 6 years and have two young sons.

Posts 131 - 140 of 143