Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Amy-868480 said: I agree 3-5 years difference is not a big deal at all. I think most people would be fi...
(Quote) Amy-868480 said:

I agree 3-5 years difference is not a big deal at all. I think most people would be fine with a 10 year age difference. 15 years...ok, But 20....I'm not so sure about. I'm about 20 years older then my oldest child. And my dad is 20 years older then me.......

I think I would be uncomfortable with that. Maybe not. Hmmmmmm....maybe my kid and dad need to invite more friends over lol

What do you think?

--hide--

I date up - up to 15 years if we are in a similar place in life with respect to careers, children, grandkids. I will date down a few years, but anything after 7 becomes odd. Then they are more likely to have commonalities with my daughter. It just is too strange when it's that close to a childs age, mine OR theirs. heart

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I date up - up to 15 years if we are in a similar place in life with respect to caree...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I date up - up to 15 years if we are in a similar place in life with respect to careers, children, grandkids. I will date down a few years, but anything after 7 becomes odd. Then they are more likely to have commonalities with my daughter. It just is too strange when it's that close to a childs age, mine OR theirs.

--hide--

That is what I think too AnneMarie. Maybe as time goes on and more experiences in life happen age doesn't matter as much. I do not like to say I would never or it is bad because I firmly believe God has a sense of humor and do what he can to make me change my mind and see his ways. biggrin

08/07/2012 new
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Well then, let's hear: How many ladys have you contacted who are 15 or 20 years older ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Well then, let's hear: How many ladys have you contacted who are 15 or 20 years older to you?

You have and has it worked out? No , why not?

You haven't? Why not? I believe there are some REALLY nice ladys on CM ...

--hide--

I'll say that my parents had 11 years between them, so I don't think that's too much.

How many 15 or older than I am? Get to know me better. I'm not up to kiss and tell. Until then, I'm pleading the 5th. wink
08/07/2012 new

your mother was 11 years older than your father? or was it the other way around?

I have no problem dating a man younger than I am. I am fit and active and many older man have trouble keeping up with me. but my experience has been that many men are not interested in dating an older woman. I actually had a gent (early 50's) tell me that I was too old for him. ouch! I think that I was 5 or 6 years older. His loss! laughing laughing

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: (Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Well then, let's hear: How many ladys have you c...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:
Quote:
Andrea-850967 said:

Well then, let's hear: How many ladys have you contacted who are 15 or 20 years older to you?

I'll say that my parents had 11 years between them, so I don't think that's too much.

How many 15 or older than I am? Get to know me better. I'm not up to kiss and tell. Until then, I'm pleading the 5th.
--hide--

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's nothing. Throw in a 15 or 20 year difference; NOW y...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's nothing. Throw in a 15 or 20 year difference; NOW you have a forum.
--hide--

smile

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: (Quote) Edward-512961 said: What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Quote:
Edward-512961 said:

What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's nothing. Throw in a 15 or 20 year difference; NOW you have a forum.

--hide--

Thank you, Andrea .... I agree .... you are also one of those REALLY wonderful ladies princess rose rose rose

Guten tag! smile

08/07/2012 new

Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal the age difference becomes. When my sister was 28, she married a 43 year old. He was in great shape, very active, and the age difference really was no big deal. At 40, her husband was 55, offered early retirement from a major corporation and she retired too. He was ready to slow down, but she was only 40. But they are in love, so it worked. At 50, he was 65 and starting to get major health issues. Now she's in her late 50's and he is nearing mid 70's with emphysema, on oxygen and needs a scooter to get around. She looks and acts way older than I do, mostly because she is dealing with geriatric issues that someone our age does not normally deal with.

It's nice to speak in ideal terms, and I know that we need to be open to God's will. But, shouldn't we put ourselves in a position where God can help us find happiness? Talking about + or - 3 to 5 years is fine. I know everyone's genetics are different, my great grandmother made it to 110. But c'mon! 15 to 20 years older at our age? I know this will upset some people, but statistically speaking, if I dated a woman 20 years older than me, well, let's just say that I should keep my CM membership current.

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal the age difference becomes. When my sister was 28, she married a 43 year old. He was in great shape, very active, and the age difference really was no big deal. At 40, her husband was 55, offered early retirement from a major corporation and she retired too. He was ready to slow down, but she was only 40. But they are in love, so it worked. At 50, he was 65 and starting to get major health issues. Now she's in her late 50's and he is nearing mid 70's with emphysema, on oxygen and needs a scooter to get around. She looks and acts way older than I do, mostly because she is dealing with geriatric issues that someone our age does not normally deal with.

It's nice to speak in ideal terms, and I know that we need to be open to God's will. But, shouldn't we put ourselves in a position where God can help us find happiness? Talking about + or - 3 to 5 years is fine. I know everyone's genetics are different, my great grandmother made it to 110. But c'mon! 15 to 20 years older at our age? I know this will upset some people, but statistically speaking, if I dated a woman 20 years older than me, well, let's just say that I should keep my CM membership current.

--hide--

John....you make me smile biggrin cool biggrin

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

--hide--

You and I have talked circles around this before. I'm seriously in 'no man's land' with respect to my age and the age of my child. The BULK of the men I work with who are roughly my age have children my grandson's age. Call me crazy, but I would prefer not to start all over with gradeschoolers. Mine is late in going to college, but she's almost finished. I want to retire in 20 years, not still be putting children through college. The men I'm seeing in my are who are my exact age up to about five years older are now ready to START their families. See previous sentence.

The last man who showed any interest in me, who had children and grandchildren the same age as mine, is 14 years older than me. John, you are correct in health problems. He has already had a major heart attack and has Type II diabetes, which is mostly under control. His parents died when he was a young man.

I wish I could see other options. I know that God has a plan for me, and I'm listening. This is just what I'm seeing to date. I'm open to suggestions. heart

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:You and I have talked circles around this before. I'm seriously in 'no man's land'...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:
You and I have talked circles around this before. I'm seriously in 'no man's land' with respect to my age and the age of my child. The BULK of the men I work with who are roughly my age have children my grandson's age. Call me crazy, but I would prefer not to start all over with gradeschoolers. Mine is late in going to college, but she's almost finished. I want to retire in 20 years, not still be putting children through college. The men I'm seeing in my are who are my exact age up to about five years older are now ready to START their families. See previous sentence.

The last man who showed any interest in me, who had children and grandchildren the same age as mine, is 14 years older than me. John, you are correct in health problems. He has already had a major heart attack and has Type II diabetes, which is mostly under control. His parents died when he was a young man.

I wish I could see other options. I know that God has a plan for me, and I'm listening. This is just what I'm seeing to date. I'm open to suggestions.

--hide--

Yes ma'am - we have had these exchanges several times before. And I do admit there are exceptions. Great-grandma? She was 10 years older than Grandpa Charlie. And she died about 15 years after he did. But she really was the exception (who also had the first of 7 kids at the age of 39! eyepopping )

I was just talking about statistical expectations, not all possible scenarios.

Posts 61 - 70 of 143