Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Amy-868480 said: John....you make me smile
(Quote) Amy-868480 said:

John....you make me smile

--hide--

Cool. I like making ladies smile.

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Yes ma'am - we have had these exchanges several times before. And I do admit there are...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Yes ma'am - we have had these exchanges several times before. And I do admit there are exceptions. Great-grandma? She was 10 years older than Grandpa Charlie. And she died about 15 years after he did. But she really was the exception (who also had the first of 7 kids at the age of 39! )

I was just talking about statistical expectations, not all possible scenarios.

--hide--

And I'm just whining. It happens, and God has a plan for me. (starting at 39 embarassed) heart

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: (starting at 39 embarassed )
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

(starting at 39 embarassed )

--hide--

Yup - living on a farm in upstate New York at 39 in 1900! And she still lived until 1971.

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Let's be a little realistic. The older we get (remember which room we are in), the bigger deal the age difference becomes. When my sister was 28, she married a 43 year old. He was in great shape, very active, and the age difference really was no big deal. At 40, her husband was 55, offered early retirement from a major corporation and she retired too. He was ready to slow down, but she was only 40. But they are in love, so it worked. At 50, he was 65 and starting to get major health issues. Now she's in her late 50's and he is nearing mid 70's with emphysema, on oxygen and needs a scooter to get around. She looks and acts way older than I do, mostly because she is dealing with geriatric issues that someone our age does not normally deal with.

It's nice to speak in ideal terms, and I know that we need to be open to God's will. But, shouldn't we put ourselves in a position where God can help us find happiness? Talking about + or - 3 to 5 years is fine. I know everyone's genetics are different, my great grandmother made it to 110. But c'mon! 15 to 20 years older at our age? I know this will upset some people, but statistically speaking, if I dated a woman 20 years older than me, well, let's just say that I should keep my CM membership current.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I agree with Jerry - that age range is basically the same. Two easy rules: 1. Gotta remember where they w...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: I agree with Jerry - that age range is basically the same. Two easy rules: 1. Gotta remember where they were when JFK was killed. B. Understands the significance of the difference between the Stones and the Beattles.
--hide--
Some of us still don't know the difference between the Stones and the Beatles. Back then, I was listening to Al Hirt, Hugo Montenegro, Ella Fitzgerald, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Pete Fountain and Louis Armstrong among others.

Aug 7th 2012 new

My best friends husband is 7 years younger and they met on here in 2005..He pursued her like crazy. There was another couple who were from CA that got married and they had a more significant age difference, I'm thinking it was about 15 years, with her being older.. My own experience has been that younger men go wide eyed and tell me they don't date older women. weeping

Aug 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I was listening to Al Hirt, Hugo Montenegro, Ella Fitzgerald, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I was listening to Al Hirt, Hugo Montenegro, Ella Fitzgerald, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Pete Fountain and Louis Armstrong among others.

--hide--

Three home boys!! note

Aug 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: I'll say that my parents had 11 years between them, so I don't think that's too muc...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

I'll say that my parents had 11 years between them, so I don't think that's too much.

How many 15 or older than I am? Get to know me better. I'm not up to kiss and tell. Until then, I'm pleading the 5th.
--hide--

Edward, we are talking here about the woman being older than the man ... and how Amor cupid is dealing with that ...

Aug 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Get to know me better. I'm not up to kiss and tell. Until then, I'm pleading the 5th.
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:
Get to know me better. I'm not up to kiss and tell. Until then, I'm pleading the 5th.
--hide--

oh, I forgot ... we all, especially the 15+ years older wink cool crossfingers want to get to know you better - so be the initiator ...

Aug 8th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Thank you, Andrea .... I agree .... you are also one of those REALLY wonderful ladies ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Thank you, Andrea .... I agree .... you are also one of those REALLY wonderful ladies

Guten tag!

--hide--

OH, how nice of you MaryAlice hug ... at least someone has noticed wink - and that too a lady rose rose rose cloud!

Ich wünsche Dir einen wunderschönen Tag! wave

Posts 71 - 80 of 143