Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

08/08/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: My best friends husband is 7 years younger and they met on here in 2005..He pursued her like crazy...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

My best friends husband is 7 years younger and they met on here in 2005..He pursued her like crazy. There was another couple who were from CA that got married and they had a more significant age difference, I'm thinking it was about 15 years, with her being older.. My own experience has been that younger men go and tell me they don't date older women.

--hide--

Donna, that shows that it DOES work. Only I wonder how many of the men don't mind that kind of age difference and wheather they initiate the contact or if the women are the once who have more guts to contact first scratchchin.
Any Idea?

08/08/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Donna, that shows that it DOES work. Only I wonder how many of the men don't mind t...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Donna, that shows that it DOES work. Only I wonder how many of the men don't mind that kind of age difference and wheather they initiate the contact or if the women are the once who have more guts to contact first .
Any Idea?

--hide--

In both of these instances they were all Forum posters so they became friendly first in here.. My friend was also part of a nightly rosary group and he asked to join that group and it was then that he really stepped up his interest.

08/08/2012 new
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: your mother was 11 years older than your father? or was it the other way around?I have no problem da...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

your mother was 11 years older than your father? or was it the other way around?

I have no problem dating a man younger than I am. I am fit and active and many older man have trouble keeping up with me. but my experience has been that many men are not interested in dating an older woman. I actually had a gent (early 50's) tell me that I was too old for him. ouch! I think that I was 5 or 6 years older. His loss!

--hide--

My father was 11 years older than my mother.
08/08/2012 new
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: You and I have talked circles around this before. I'm seriously in 'no man'...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

You and I have talked circles around this before. I'm seriously in 'no man's land' with respect to my age and the age of my child. The BULK of the men I work with who are roughly my age have children my grandson's age. Call me crazy, but I would prefer not to start all over with gradeschoolers. Mine is late in going to college, but she's almost finished. I want to retire in 20 years, not still be putting children through college. The men I'm seeing in my are who are my exact age up to about five years older are now ready to START their families. See previous sentence.

The last man who showed any interest in me, who had children and grandchildren the same age as mine, is 14 years older than me. John, you are correct in health problems. He has already had a major heart attack and has Type II diabetes, which is mostly under control. His parents died when he was a young man.

I wish I could see other options. I know that God has a plan for me, and I'm listening. This is just what I'm seeing to date. I'm open to suggestions.

--hide--

Even though we are only a few years apart we are different when it comes to this. It's not bad, just different, which is why we pursue different types of men. I have several classmates who had kids young (one couple had their first in high school and are still married)and they are done with the baby thing. Several of these couples are grandparents already or have kids in college. A few of my friends who have been married with kids tend to date older men who also experienced these. Me on the other hand am just getting started so to speak and am open to starting a family. This is one reason (among many) I avoid dads because most that I have known were done having kids. This is also why I am open to dating younger men or men around my age because a guy who is considerably older would be in a different lifestyle unless he is exactly like me (late bloomer, never married, childless and wants to get married. I think in hindsight I'd get along better with a man 10 years younger than 10 years older in many cases because my lifestyle would probably be more like the younger man.
08/08/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's nothing. Throw in a 15 or 20 year difference; NOW y...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

What is this 3 to 5 years thing? That's nothing. Throw in a 15 or 20 year difference; NOW you have a forum.
--hide--

My wife was 15 years older than I, and we were married 33 years. She graduated from college the same year that I did, may have contributed to us having a similar worldview. It was a little odd being only two years older than her oldest child, but we got used to it. I would say that the age difference became a larger issue as we got older. Her health issues probably also accentuated the age issues.

Anyway, I set my age limits here as plus or minus 7 years. The lady I am going with is six years older than I. She said that she was not interested in 70 year old men, who were looking for "A nurse with a purse".

Richard

08/08/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-831657 said: Anyway, I set my age limits here as plus or minus 7 years. The lady I am going with is six year...
(Quote) Richard-831657 said:

Anyway, I set my age limits here as plus or minus 7 years. The lady I am going with is six years older than I. She said that she was not interested in 70 year old men, who were looking for "A nurse with a purse".

Richard

--hide--

How nice Richard! I hope it works out well for the both of you!!

clap clap

08/08/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-831657 said: My wife was 15 years older than I, and we were married 33 years. She grad...
(Quote) Richard-831657 said:

My wife was 15 years older than I, and we were married 33 years. She graduated from college the same year that I did, may have contributed to us having a similar worldview. It was a little odd being only two years older than her oldest child, but we got used to it. I would say that the age difference became a larger issue as we got older. Her health issues probably also accentuated the age issues.

Richard

--hide--

I think I needed to hear this Richard. Most of the men I am seeing in college are that much younger than I am, at the minimum. I've been really unsure about dating anyone that young as they are closer to my daughter's age than to mine. Something to think about if nothing else. Thank you. heart

08/09/2012 new

so you would be open to dating a woman 11 years younger than you are?
would you also be open to dating a woman 11 years older?

as I mentioned, my experience has shown that most men are not open to dating older women.
While many older women are open to dating younger men.

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: My father was 11 years older than my mother.

--hide--

08/09/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: My father was 11 years older than my mother.

--hide--

My father was 22 yrs older than my mother.
Sort of an arranged marriage.
Wasn't happy.

08/09/2012 new
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: so you would be open to dating a woman 11 years younger than you are? would you also be open to dating ...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

so you would be open to dating a woman 11 years younger than you are?
would you also be open to dating a woman 11 years older?

as I mentioned, my experience has shown that most men are not open to dating older women.
While many older women are open to dating younger men.

--hide--

Been there, done that.
Posts 81 - 90 of 143