Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I can't answer entirely, because I wasn't the one who filed.I will say I migh...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I can't answer entirely, because I wasn't the one who filed.

I will say I might fit some of the extreme makeover though, since the divorce I've lost 200 pounds, picked back up many of my sports from high school (well, except marching band and jousting), finished my conversion, landed a job in a great field, and basically become a much happier person. I look, act, and feel much more like the person I always expected to be. I even (and this is a big step for an Irish redhead who might be liable to hold grudges now and then) try to look on the fact that without what happened I would not have my wonderful son.

--hide--

I think a big part of it would depend on why we divorced in the first place.

I'd enter into it cautiously!

08/15/2012 new

Nope -

08/16/2012 new

No I would not. If he has truly changed I would be happy for him and wish him all the best. However, no we will never get back together.

10/25/2012 new

I'd probably give it a shot for the sake of the children...

10/25/2012 new

I would probably give it a shot - for the sake of the kid's...

10/25/2012 new
No, I think not.
11/29/2012 new

Absolutely not...!!!

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I can't answer entirely, because I wasn't the one who filed.I will say I migh...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I can't answer entirely, because I wasn't the one who filed.

I will say I might fit some of the extreme makeover though, since the divorce I've lost 200 pounds, picked back up many of my sports from high school (well, except marching band and jousting), finished my conversion, landed a job in a great field, and basically become a much happier person. I look, act, and feel much more like the person I always expected to be. I even (and this is a big step for an Irish redhead who might be liable to hold grudges now and then) try to look on the fact that without what happened I would not have my wonderful son.

--hide--

I'd say you are on the way, however, there are too many women on this site and else where that think "they are perfect the way they are and men are the problem" not them!

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about this. Here's the hypothetical scenario: Assuming you were the one who filed for divorce, it's now been a few years since it was final. One day, you run into your ex, whom you've not seen in at least a year, perhaps two. You are shocked to find you are looking at the "extreme makeover" of your former spouse. You find he's changed in every way - spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially - a complete 180 degree "new man" from the one you divorced. This guy is "Magic Mike", a perfect gentleman, charming, gracious, financially secure, emotionally together, etc., the whole works all wrapped up into one, even has a relationship with God. Assuming you're both "unattached", are you interested?
--hide--

the question is not whether she is interested, but rather what steps she should take to improve her own conduct in a relationship. if he blossoms the second she's gone, there was something SERIOUSLY WRONGwith the way she treated him during the marriage. some introspection is in order.

11/29/2012 new

I agree with the women who are against giving it another shot.

As one of them wisely noted, the leopard does not change its spots. Although he mentioned "spiritually, IMO the exterior changes do not indicate a profound interior change. He's the same old cat.

It says in the Bible that only a dog returns to its vomit. Wise words - if a bit coarse. Let's all keep that in mind when we consider rekindling things with the ex.

Posts 21 - 30 of 31