Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

The long-awaited Match system is on the verge of completion. The last hurdle is some user testing. Anyone who is interested in taking a look, this url will take you there:

http://rc.catholicmatch.com

Here is a quick summary of the process. You fill out your portrait, and on a weekly basis you will be matched with several other members based on the compatibility of your portrait results. Both you and the member you are matched with will see each other on their match lists. At first you won't see a photo on your match list - you have to at least LOOK at the person's profile! When you do, you will be asked this question:

Are you interested in this match?

Your options are Yes, No, or Unsure. What do these do?

Unsure: This is basically a "save for later". Not very exciting.

No: this removes the person from your matches. This does not notify the other person. Also not particularly exciting.

Yes: if you answer "Yes" and the other person hasn't answered, or has answered "No", it doesn't do anything. However, if both of you say "YES" then an emotigram is sent to both of you informing you that the other person has expressed interest.

Right now while we're in early beta, Matches are only being generated when someone goes to the Matches page. When it's live, this will happen on a weekly basis or so, and you'll receive an email notification. Everyone will have access to matches regardless if they are a subscriber or not. We will look at additional features for subscribers in the future as we continue to develop how matching works on the site. Also, because our matching questionnaire is designed for people who are free to marry in the Catholic Church; users who are divorced but do not have an annulment will not be able to utilize this feature. Any user who receives their annulment can contact customer service with the appropriate information to have their marital status changed.

New Profile: The profile has had a serious visual overhaul, and everywhere you view scrapbooks works much better and should be more tablet-friendly. We wanted the profile to be more clean, easier to read and properly place information where it should be. As with the scrapbook the profile updates will make tablet browsing better and takes us another step closer to improving overall mobile use. We have added Site activities to the profile so the more activities you are involved with on the site, the more will show up.

Action items:

Fill out your Match Portrait! If you haven't created your Match Portrait yet, none of this will do you much good until you do!

Review and update your profile, make sure it is filled out and improve on anything that has not be edited in a awhile. Take the temperament test and add an interview if you have not done so, both have been incorporated into the profile so if they are missing it is more noticeable.

08/09/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: The long-awaited Match system is on the verge of completion. The last hurdle is some user testing...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

The long-awaited Match system is on the verge of completion. The last hurdle is some user testing. Anyone who is interested in taking a look, this url will take you there:

http://rc.catholicmatch.com

New Profile: The profile has had a serious visual overhaul, and everywhere you view scrapbooks works much better and should be more tablet-friendly. We wanted the profile to be more clean, easier to read and properly place information where it should be. As with the scrapbook the profile updates will make tablet browsing better and takes us another step closer to improving overall mobile use. We have added Site activities to the profile so the more activities you are involved with on the site, the more will show up.

Action items:

Fill out your Match Portrait! If you haven't created your Match Portrait yet, none of this will do you much good until you do!

Review and update your profile, make sure it is filled out and improve on anything that has not be edited in a awhile. Take the temperament test and add an interview if you have not done so, both have been incorporated into the profile so if they are missing it is more noticeable.

--hide--

Hi Nathan. I nosed around the new site and have a few comments.

The new profile layout looks fine. The interview and personality test are moved, which will make it better for use on a tablet I guess. But viewed on a laptop, it does not appear very different. If you made the forums available on the mobile site, that would be an improvement I could use.

The matching profile - I completed it when you first made it availabe, but I cannot see my answers. There may be answers I want to change, but since I can't see them, I can't be sure. And since it is in beta, I'll assume that the matches that showed up are not real. There were matches that would not have shown up if it used my real criteria.

Also, you mention that peoople who are not able to marry in the church cannot use the features, but my matches were divorced. If they cannot use the new features, how can they clik on YES if they are interested? It doesn't do much good if I say I'm interested if the woman cannot say she is interested.

As for the matches with no photos until I decide to reviw them, I think it is useless and poor UI. Any time you force the users to use more mouse clicks to get to the same informatin they used to get to, it is never considered a desirable thing. Yes, it forces me to look at the profiles, but then the other person is notified that I looked at their profile, when previously I may have looked at the photo and the first couple of lines of the profie and decided I did not need to look at the profile. Unless, I can look at the profile by clicking review and the other person is not notified that I looked, I do not see this as a desirable feature.

Are the matches two-sided? By that I mean that a woman who meets my criteria is not a match if I do not meet her criteria. If only one of us matches the other's criteria, I would consider that a half match and I would not show it. Yes, it will result in less matches, but it will result in better matches because there is at least a chance that we may be inerested in each other.

if you have any questions abotu my comments, feel free to contact me.

John

08/09/2012 new
Cool I like it :)
08/09/2012 new
Robin Nathan, if I click on and view the match, does it still generate a "viewed me" in their in-box (and email, if they have that feature activated)? Even if I don't click on yes or no or unsure?
08/10/2012 new

I thing there are some bugs in it at this late hour. My matches kept disappearing from the page as I navigated the buttons on which to click. I will review this again tomorrow.

08/10/2012 new
If you made the forums available on the mobile site, that would be an improvement I could use.

This is on my short list (as opposed to the eternally growing 'long' list wink )

The matching profile - I completed it when you first made it availabe, but I cannot see my answers. There may be answers I want to change, but since I can't see them, I can't be sure. And since it is in beta, I'll assume that the matches that showed up are not real. There were matches that would not have shown up if it used my real criteria.

I'm pretty sure we don't want people going back and tweaking answers trying to get different matches. However, if you would like to redo the test, let me know and I'll reset yours. And the matches generated right now are real.

Also, you mention that people who are not able to marry in the church cannot use the features, but my matches were divorced. If they cannot use the new features, how can they click on YES if they are interested? It doesn't do much good if I say I'm interested if the woman cannot say she is interested.

I checked your matches and you had 2 widowed, 1 never married, and 1 annulled. I'm not exactly sure where you were seeing anyone divorced on your list.

As for the matches with no photos until I decide to review them, I think it is useless and poor UI.

It is the intention to have someone need to look at more than JUST a photo before writing off a match. We've reviewed thousands of communications between men and women, and both genders have a high enough rate of not opening a communication based only on the one main photo without taking even a peak to see if this might be a person that they connect with. This is a minor inconvenience for members (and extra work on our part) that will hopefully have the effect of people not making as many snap judgements. It may fail, but we felt like we needed to try.

Are the matches two-sided? By that I mean that a woman who meets my criteria is not a match if I do not meet her criteria. If only one of us matches the other's criteria, I would consider that a half match and I would not show it. Yes, it will result in less matches, but it will result in better matches because there is at least a chance that we may be interested in each other.

It is two-way. While most of the questions score high if you answer the same (IE, I love SciFi, she loves SciFi), some questions score high on opposite (IE, I hate to take the lead, she loves to take the lead). These are taken into consideration in the results, and matches are created as a pair, one for you and one for her. This should provide the best chance of finding mutual interest.

Thanks for your detailed response - it's quite appreciated!

Robin Nathan
08/10/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Nathan, if I click on and view the match, does it still generate a "viewed me" in their in-bo...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Nathan, if I click on and view the match, does it still generate a "viewed me" in their in-box (and email, if they have that feature activated)? Even if I don't click on yes or no or unsure?
--hide--

I don't believe that actually came up in discussion, so the functionality didn't change. All the normal browse/emotigram/message notifications are all still in effect. Does that throw up a potential mental barrier to reviewing matches for you?

08/10/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I don't believe that actually came up in discussion, so the functionality didn't change. ...

I don't believe that actually came up in discussion, so the functionality didn't change. All the normal browse/emotigram/message notifications are all still in effect. Does that throw up a potential mental barrier to reviewing matches for you?

--hide--

Nathan, I won't try to speak for Michael, but the idea that someone will be notified that I looked at their profile when all I wanted to see is if they had three-heads and read the first few lines of their profile WILL make me think twice before clicking review.

08/10/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Also, you mention that people who are not able to marry in the church cannot use the feature...
Also, you mention that people who are not able to marry in the church cannot use the features, but my matches were divorced. If they cannot use the new features, how can they click on YES if they are interested? It doesn't do much good if I say I'm interested if the woman cannot say she is interested.

I checked your matches and you had 2 widowed, 1 never married, and 1 annulled. I'm not exactly sure where you were seeing anyone divorced on your list.
--hide--

Sorry, Nathan. I wasn't clear in that statement. My matches were not divorced, but my matching crriteria does include divorced. Does that mean that I will never see any divorced women and they will not be able to see me and click that they are interested?

08/10/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Sorry, Nathan. I wasn't clear in that statement. My matches were not divorced, but my matc...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Sorry, Nathan. I wasn't clear in that statement. My matches were not divorced, but my matching crriteria does include divorced. Does that mean that I will never see any divorced women and they will not be able to see me and click that they are interested?

--hide--

This only pertains to the Match system.

Posts 1 - 10 of 126