Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: I don't know if they had similar temperaments but I do know that Liam can give lessons ...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

I don't know if they had similar temperaments but I do know that Liam can give lessons on how to win a woman's heart, especially for a man at mid forty's that was never married before, taking on not only a wife but a "daughter," and doing an outstanding job. So for all you ladies that are afraid to date men never married before, Tracy received a prince because she didn't have preconceived notions. That to me was a match made in heaven.

--hide--

I didn't say they had the same Temperaments because I know their Temperaments were pretty much opposite.. Tracy is a high Sanguine and I think Liam is a Melancholic.. Their Temperaments complement each other well..

Aug 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't say they had the same Temperaments because I know their Temperaments were prett...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I didn't say they had the same Temperaments because I know their Temperaments were pretty much opposite.. Tracy is a high Sanguine and I think Liam is a Melancholic.. Their Temperaments complement each other well..

--hide--

scratchchin Good to know....I never really thought about those temperaments complimenting each other.
Aug 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't say they had the same Temperaments because I know their Temperaments wer...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

--hide--

I don't mean to sound like I am belaboring the point but the exact can happen between a Sanguine and Melancholic - where one wants to have social life being around people, etc. A melancholic who are around too many people at the same time can cause them to withdraw even more. I think that like all temperaments mixing, especially when they are exact opposite as the sanguine and melancholic is, the level of maturity. This would be needed in accepting the person as they were and not trying to make them into something they are not.

In our age bracket, I think the key component is the level maturity the two people have to have the rest blend. Each age bracket has their own "issues," that have to be worked out. This is one of the key elements in Tracy & Liam's relationship. This is not saying the other couple did not have it, as I reallly did not know them.

Aug 20th 2012 new

theheart

Congratulations Beth! Hope all works out for both of you!

rosary

Aug 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: I don't mean to sound like I am belaboring the point but the exact can happen between a...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

I don't mean to sound like I am belaboring the point but the exact can happen between a Sanguine and Melancholic - where one wants to have social life being around people, etc. A melancholic who are around too many people at the same time can cause them to withdraw even more. I think that like all temperaments mixing, especially when they are exact opposite as the sanguine and melancholic is, the level of maturity. This would be needed in accepting the person as they were and not trying to make them into something they are not.

In our age bracket, I think the key component is the level maturity the two people have to have the rest blend. Each age bracket has their own "issues," that have to be worked out. This is one of the key elements in Tracy & Liam's relationship. This is not saying the other couple did not have it, as I reallly did not know them.

--hide--
theheart
Mary, I agree, and feel that accepting of another's traits is the key, and working on understanding how different personality traits can work.
....I dated a man who was a complete opposite of me; except we were of the same heritage, and I was caring for his Mother private duty when she passed away. He seemed to trust me, and we were more like siblings than anything else. A few years passed of really no intereaction at all; for I had to move to another location, but I came back to rent his Mother's home.
He leaned on me to help him out of a potential mistake..............he had approached his farmer client's daughter who was 26 yrs old with "I care for you", and she thought he meant as a father would. He was messed up, we spoke, he attached those feelings onto me we talked and considered dating............but he was not raised Catholic, he denies religion, but says he belives in God, and is a loner of sorts, melancolic type engineer reader, shy around people, a indoor person......................
....I am opposite of all those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway I had to tell him that we could be just friends ...........for he was not interested in learning about the Catholic faith, even with many of his close friends being Catholic............
So, I feel the personality temperaments are one of the major considerations in a succuessful marriage.
rosary But I find with each year I get more comfortable with living alone.................and just having a community of friends.
...........hate to say it, but it's true,,,,,,,,,,,,,I raised one son,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if I am to marry I would want a mature man
How about you?

Aug 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: Mary, I agree, and feel that accepting of another's traits is the key, and working on un...
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said:

Mary, I agree, and feel that accepting of another's traits is the key, and working on understanding how different personality traits can work.
....I dated a man who was a complete opposite of me; except we were of the same heritage, and I was caring for his Mother private duty when she passed away. He seemed to trust me, and we were more like siblings than anything else. A few years passed of really no intereaction at all; for I had to move to another location, but I came back to rent his Mother's home.
He leaned on me to help him out of a potential mistake..............he had approached his farmer client's daughter who was 26 yrs old with "I care for you", and she thought he meant as a father would. He was messed up, we spoke, he attached those feelings onto me we talked and considered dating............but he was not raised Catholic, he denies religion, but says he belives in God, and is a loner of sorts, melancolic type engineer reader, shy around people, a indoor person......................
....I am opposite of all those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway I had to tell him that we could be just friends ...........for he was not interested in learning about the Catholic faith, even with many of his close friends being Catholic............
So, I feel the personality temperaments are one of the major considerations in a succuessful marriage.
But I find with each year I get more comfortable with living alone.................and just having a community of friends.
...........hate to say it, but it's true,,,,,,,,,,,,,I raised one son,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if I am to marry I would want a mature man
How about you?

--hide--
theheart Forgot to mention that he was 53 years of age when he approached his client's 26 year old daughter with interest.
rosary that was a bit of a shock for me, and he said that he realized that he may have done this due to his heart being broken when he was in his 20's and that his interest in pursuing her may have been to recapture what he could have had in his 20's. That said alot about him and where he was internally.
I feel that these type of things aren't known about someone until it may be too late and were involved.
After that experience I would not date anyone who was not Catholic and also would need to know about their past relationships; for it tells alot about the future.

Aug 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: Congratulations Beth! Hope all works out for both of you!
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said:

Congratulations Beth! Hope all works out for both of you!

--hide--

wave Thanks, Sandra! rose
Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Philomena-687435 said: I feel the urge to participate in this forum, because my late husband and I met (not through ...
(Quote) Philomena-687435 said:

I feel the urge to participate in this forum, because my late husband and I met (not through CM) but through The Hartford Courant personnel, met the following day ( February 14, Valentine's day), got engaged after 5 days, got married at JP on April 15. We waited that long, trying to get marry in the Church, but there was no earlier dates available other than June 17. So, on June 17, we got our marriage blessed in the church with Mass and we were happily married until he died of unexpected cancer. On the first date we met at the Boarder's book store, had a cup of coffee and spend about 3 hours talking and introducing each other. Then we went out for dinner at the Rain forest caffe. He was a gentleman, he opened the car door for me. Before dinner when he took my hand said the blessings over the meals, I knew he was the man I was looking for. The following day he asked me out, we went for a walk and a cup of coffee. He told me that he felt the same that we were meant for each other. He used to brag about it to his friends later and his friends and my friends laughed at us when we got engaged.

My point is, nothing is impossible for those who trust in God and His goodness in all mankind. Some people call it as a coincidence (accidental occurance of events that seem to have a connection), and others say it is a miracle (an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention). I call it as God' s will in our life. Let us all pray for the gift of wisdom and discernment, if it is God's plan it will happen. Patience is a virtue.

--hide--

This is beautiful & encouraging. Thanks for sharing Philomena!

Aug 24th 2012 new
I think singles in our age group who are seriously discerning marriage can find love and a successful relationship. Absolutely! I have several friends who met and married;each for the first time over age 40 and within 1 year or so of courtship. I think the difference with them and friends that were younger when they married is that they didn't just date, they approached the relationship in a courtship mode... realistic consideration of the person as a potential spouse.They all recognized in one another a kinship in terms of faith and morals, genuine respect, desire for each others happiness and of course mutual attraction. All have told me they "knew " this was someone who would be a great spouse for them and woke up to the reality that sooner was better than waiting for "signs" assuring them this was "the one". When these couples announced their engagements it just made sense; they were good people , seemed to "click" and were even better together! I think the older we are and having plenty of life experience gives us some sense of assurance when we meet the one who will be our spouse. Going forward requires courage that we find in God. He elevated marriage to a sacrament so I think He really wants us all to find each other, celebrate the Sacrament and praise Him.
Aug 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR) Married or eng...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR) Married or engaged? They spent a LOT of time posting in the forums and communicating. Theirs was a unique situation.

Beth and Brent got married on their first one.. (TX-MO LDR) Married on their ... F2F?? Hard to believe...

I think Bev and Harry got engaged on their second F2F and married 4mos later (CT-OR LDR) I don't claim to remember all the details but they were both VERY active in the forums, esp. the War Room. I remember the NY Love Fest - isn't that where they met initially? And didn't they spend time traveling back and forth before becoming engaged?

Pat and Dan were engaged in about 2 mos (KY-MI LDR) They didn'thave their first date til after she got back from NO and were engaged in Nov.. Again, both were active in the forums. I do remember her posting that she was moving and needed help and Dan took it upon himself to drive to her house to help. He literally showed up on her front door step! She was so touched by that gesture.

I'm all for moving forward, but (at least for me) it takes time to build a relationship. I'm not suggesting that folks should wait for years, but I'm all for getting to know one another before jumping into a long term relationship. Heck, that's half the fun!

--hide--

I agree....But the last couple sounds like they were focused on that relationship.

Posts 101 - 110 of 112