Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: If a women lives within a two hour drive, we see each other a lot - weekends, weeknights, cooking ...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

If a women lives within a two hour drive, we see each other a lot - weekends, weeknights, cooking together, shopping, all the domestic stuff - and we both knew there was something special on the first date, the I can see proposing in six months. Now I just need a couple of matches within 150 miles.

I guess proposing can work for some people since I've seen arranged marriages work, but it won't work for me.

Donna, I have to ask. Are the quick proposal success stories all never married or widowed? I will be extremely surprised it there were many divorced people on that list.

--hide--

My fiance proposed to me after several face to face meetings. He is divorced since 1994 and annulled. I am widowed since 2009. We met in June and will be married October 27th!! hug

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said:My fiance proposed to me after several face to face meetings. He is divorced since 1994 and annulled. I am...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:My fiance proposed to me after several face to face meetings. He is divorced since 1994 and annulled. I am widowed since 2009. We met in June and will be married October 27th!!

--hide--

Beth, I could not be happier for you and your fiance. When anyone finds a mate, it is a great thing. But let me ask this. When you say after several face to face visits, how many is several? 2, 3, 5, 10? How far apart do you live and did you both know there was something special on the first meeting?

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Proposed on their second meeting??? Realistic??
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Proposed on their second meeting??? Realistic??

--hide--
My thoughts, too, Cindy.

It's one thing to get married (that's the easiest part). The more difficult (and more important) part is to stay married. Someone who barely knows another person has decreased odds.

Not trying to rain on Donna's parade. I will agree that waiting too long isn't good; nor is jumping too soon. Better to wait at least until you find out how you're prospective mate likes his/her bacon fried, and if she/he prefers toast dark or light, and coffee with or without cream and/or sugar.

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: My fiance proposed to me after several face to face meetings. He is divorced since 1994 a...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

My fiance proposed to me after several face to face meetings. He is divorced since 1994 and annulled. I am widowed since 2009. We met in June and will be married October 27th!!

--hide--
Ya never know, do ya, Beth? We look forward to hearing about this blessed event.

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Beth, I could not be happier for you and your fiance. When anyone finds a mate, it is a gr...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Beth, I could not be happier for you and your fiance. When anyone finds a mate, it is a great thing. But let me ask this. When you say after several face to face visits, how many is several? 2, 3, 5, 10? How far apart do you live and did you both know there was something special on the first meeting?

--hide--
We live an hour or so apart. Yes, we both knew this was Special. He tells me that his heart got pulled out of his chest when I got on his Harley and put my hands on his back. Actually, I was praying - thanking God for sending such a wonderful guy my way! We see each other daily now. He started using the M word after about 4 meetings as in "If you married me..."

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: My thoughts, too, Cindy. It's one thing to get married (that's the easiest part). Th...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

My thoughts, too, Cindy.

It's one thing to get married (that's the easiest part). The more difficult (and more important) part is to stay married. Someone who barely knows another person has decreased odds.

Not trying to rain on Donna's parade. I will agree that waiting too long isn't good; nor is jumping too soon. Better to wait at least until you find out how you're prospective mate likes his/her bacon fried, and if she/he prefers toast dark or light, and coffee with or without cream and/or sugar.

--hide--

Only coffee matters! He takes it with 2 creams!

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: My thoughts, too, Cindy. It's one thing to get married (that's the easiest part). Th...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

My thoughts, too, Cindy.

--hide--

I think much depends on the maturity of the couple and if both believe that Love is a Decision and not something you fall into!

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

My thoughts, too, Cindy.

--hide--

Waiting too long to meet is not something I usually do, but engaged so quick? And married so quick? I'm thrilled for those it works for. I am too gun shy for this. heart

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

www.catholicmatch.com

They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance..

He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

They were realistic and stayed in their own range..

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

--hide--

Now theres a guy that doesnt waste any time... Good for them... All the best, to the two of them...

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I am too gun shy for this.
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I am too gun shy for this.

--hide--

AnneMarie, I have found that anytime guns are involved in the ceremony, well, you may be doing it wrong. wave

Posts 31 - 40 of 112