Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: Only coffee matters! He takes it with 2 creams!
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

Only coffee matters! He takes it with 2 creams!

--hide--
I think you've got the idea, Beth.... laughing

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: If a women lives within a two hour drive, we see each other a lot - weekends, weeknights, cooking ...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

If a women lives within a two hour drive, we see each other a lot - weekends, weeknights, cooking together, shopping, all the domestic stuff - and we both knew there was something special on the first date, the I can see proposing in six months. Now I just need a couple of matches within 150 miles.

I guess proposing can work for some people since I've seen arranged marriages work, but it won't work for me.

Donna, I have to ask. Are the quick proposal success stories all never married or widowed? I will be extremely surprised it there were many divorced people on that list.

--hide--

Every one of the couples I mentioned were divorced (well in Joan and Jeromes case he was D, she was a W).. Sorry John.. Have a hersheyskissand a cookie Tracy and Liam, that Cindy mentioned were never marrieds..

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-816415 said: AnneMarie, I have found that anytime guns are involved in the ceremony, well...
(Quote) Greg-816415 said:

AnneMarie, I have found that anytime guns are involved in the ceremony, well, you may be doing it wrong.

--hide--

Greg, I think that was my point. Thanks for the chuckle though. You have that effect on me pretty regularly of late. heart

Aug 12th 2012 new

Glad I could bring a smile. hug

Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: http://www.catholicmatch.com/blog/2012/08/picture-perfect-william-gladys-completed-each-other/
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

www.catholicmatch.com

They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance..

He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

They were realistic and stayed in their own range..

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

--hide--
I only plan to run two half marthons this spring.... I ran three
Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.catholicmatch.com.

www.catholicmatch.com

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

--hide--

I think as we become more "mature" we know what we need and don't need, what we want and don't want, pretty quick. We also (I would hope) have a much more refined BS detector. I think I would be open to a wedding date six months (Church requirements) from my first romantic date if my heart (and mind - I AM a choleric BTW) were so inclined.

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: I only plan to run two half marthons this spring.... I ran three
(Quote) Jim-397948 said: I only plan to run two half marthons this spring.... I ran three
--hide--

Bragging? cool

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.catholicmatch.com.

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Harry and Bev - my FAVORITE! hyper

www.catholicmatch.com

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: Harry and Bev - my FAVORITE! www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

Harry and Bev - my FAVORITE!

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

LOVE it!!!

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: Harry and Bev - my FAVORITE! www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

Harry and Bev - my FAVORITE!

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

One reason that they were able to marry within six months of the first F2F is that both were ABLE to marry in the Catholic Church, either both annulled, or one annulled, one widowed (see story for details).

For my two long-term relationships (one marriage), I was basically with these men from the moment I met them in person (IRL, no internet) until we broke up. My dream would be married within six months of going exclusive. Some say to go four seasons with a person, which would be realistic, from first communication to married within a year. This is only reserved for the one that I truly "click" with. heartbeat

In other words, KNOW what you want, and make a commitment. Too many distractions and dating everyone on the site complicates matters. And, yeah, a lot of this depends on the temperaments! Sanguine-Chloric here! wink

Posts 41 - 50 of 112