Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: (Quote) Madonna-819886 said: There may be a 6 month waiti...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:
Quote:
Madonna-819886 said:

There may be a 6 month waiting period till you can set the date, but the date has to be set for at least a year away.

No, actuslly in the church bulletin it says the church can be reserved 6 months in advance.
--hide--

That's probably for a Saturday wedding Mass. I got married in the Church on a specific date, not day of the week. My parish in Key West is VERY busy with out-of-town weddings; it's a big money maker for the Church! wink

Aug 15th 2012 new
My church is pretty small and even has a sister church and most weddings there are people that are members so I suspect a Saturday wedding 6 months in advance is fine. I never asked but my priest said that in the less popular months the church is really easy to book.
Aug 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

www.catholicmatch.com

They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance..

He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

They were realistic and stayed in their own range..

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

--hide--

Hope springs eternal .... thank you, Donna, for posting this!

rose rose rose

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Madonna-819886 said: There may be a 6 month waiting period till you can set the date, but the date has to b...
(Quote) Madonna-819886 said:

There may be a 6 month waiting period till you can set the date, but the date has to be set for at least a year away.

--hide--

Why do you have to wait a year? My parish is 6 months and my cousin's daughter just got married and they did not wait a year from the engagement to the union in the catholic church.

Aug 17th 2012 new

It depends on the church I think. I do know of a priest that requires a year, up close to your neck of the woods actually (on the New York side of the border). I don't see why it is an issue anyway. Anyone that is old enough to make the commitment, is old enough to wait and give it time. Just my feelings though. I rushed and it was a bad mistake for me. I would NOT ever do it again. heart

Aug 17th 2012 new

I got married in the church 43 years ago, and there was no time-frame then. For the most part don't you think most people really know when they have met the right person. When you get to be our age why waste precious time by waiting. I see nothing wrong with a speedy wedding (we are not talking about teenagers here).

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I got married in the church 43 years ago, and there was no time-frame then. For the most part do...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

I got married in the church 43 years ago, and there was no time-frame then. For the most part don't you think most people really know when they have met the right person. When you get to be our age why waste precious time by waiting. I see nothing wrong with a speedy wedding (we are not talking about teenagers here).

--hide--

Everyone is different I guess. For me, if God should call me to marriage again, no, I will not be in any hurry. I understand, now, how I rushed through things, and missed some important steps. There was never a true courtship, among other things. We just dove in, sink or swim. We made a mess of it. I won't do that again. I like the idea of simple courtship, dating, slowly moving through with a great deal of prayer to see if God leads us to more. Again, that is my 'dream' I guess. heart

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I posted this question in a private group I belong to on FB that is all CM women.. They are all ag...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I posted this question in a private group I belong to on FB that is all CM women.. They are all ages represented.. By and large, the younger couples tended to wait and the older ones jumped right in..But most knew almost right away that the relationship was special.

--hide--

I'm with John and Jerry on this. I don't know if it's exactly the same reason, but I am a slow mover. heart

Aug 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I got married in the church 43 years ago, and there was no time-frame then. For the most part don't you t...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

--hide--

I do think that there is a wisdom that comes with age when it is coupled with many years of a successful married life. I committed quickly and trust completely in God to see us through to "death do us part". theheart
Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: I do think that there is a wisdom that comes with age when it is coupled with many years of a suc...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

I do think that there is a wisdom that comes with age when it is coupled with many years of a successful married life. I committed quickly and trust completely in God to see us through to "death do us part".
--hide--
Beth that is good. You seem confident and sure. I wish you much happiness and I am happy for you. :)

Posts 81 - 90 of 112