Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Beth that is good. You seem confident and sure. I wish you much happiness and I am happy for you. :)
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Beth that is good. You seem confident and sure. I wish you much happiness and I am happy for you. :)

--hide--

Thanks for the well wishes, Kathy! There's a fine line between being a doddering old know-it-all and a confident woman, so hope I am closer to confidence than doddering. laughing eyepopping scratchchin laughing And may God bless your journey! rose
Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: Thanks for the well wishes, Kathy! There's a fine line between being a doddering old know-it-...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

Thanks for the well wishes, Kathy! There's a fine line between being a doddering old know-it-all and a confident woman, so hope I am closer to confidence than doddering. And may God bless your journey!
--hide--
Thank you too Beth. heart No I would say you are a confident women. fluffy That is what I meant by my comments. God bless you Beth. rose

Aug 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Thank you too Beth. No I would say you are a confident women. That is what I meant by my comments. God bless ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Thank you too Beth. No I would say you are a confident women. That is what I meant by my comments. God bless you Beth.

--hide--

wave rose rose rose
Aug 18th 2012 new

It never hurts to dream. I don't believe anyone should settle for less than what they want. I have been single now for almost 10 years as I have been widowed 2 times. In these last few years I have yet to meet anyone that I desire to spend the rest of my life with. It is better to be alone than be with the wrong person. If God has something in mind, he will put us together.

Aug 18th 2012 new

I'm thinking that, no matter our age, we still hope for "a kiss to build a dream on".... www.youtube.com

Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'm thinking that, no matter our age, we still hope for "a kiss to build a dream on"...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I'm thinking that, no matter our age, we still hope for "a kiss to build a dream on".... www.youtube.com

--hide--

Thank you, thank you, thank you. When I saw that quote and link, I knew it had to be Pops.

Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: I think much depends on the maturit...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

I think much depends on the maturity of the coupleand if both believe that Love is a Decision and not something you fall into! highfive

--hide--

I think there are just as many that jump into getting married and don't work as well Donna. We can talk about all of this and it is nice to know couples that have made it but there are as many who have a difficult time.

Yes, there has to be chemistry but it is a choice for the days that the pink clouds become gray or that they don't put the lid down on the toilet or put the cap on the tooth paste, etc. That is a choice and not only a choice but a choice to work at being happy and not being overly sensitive and keep the relationship growing by enjoying each other's company and spending time with them. It is great to be able to see couples that make it but there are many that don't as well. A wise person thinks of the ups and downs and then makes the choice knowing that they do love the person, are willing to work at it and knows God's grace will see them through.

A far as Tracy and Liam goes, to me they were a special couple and Liam truly was a man who knew what he wanted and put the time and energy and expense into capturing the heart of the lady he wanted to marry. Believe me for a man who was never married before, he could give classes to teach other men, including the previously married ones heart

Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-816415 said: Too funny! Actually AnneMarie I grew up with an older sister. She...
(Quote) Greg-816415 said:

Too funny!

Actually AnneMarie I grew up with an older sister. She taught me what the art of manipulation looked like on the business end; what the uglier side of the word coquettish looked like; and that most women could not live up to the role of being an equal partner. So I am not sure your theory is universal.

Lest that sounds bitter, do know that I have always loved my sister dearly and to this day move mountains for her any time she needs something. However, I long ago accepted that I deserved and would seek better.

I have never been domesticated; nor will anyone ever have success teaching me to 'sit'. However, I would gladly serve any woman whom can treat me with respect, dignity, and appreciation. A few (two) woman have been been smart enough to figure that out and learned what rewards wait in that place. Sadly, they could not seal the deal; but hope springs eternal...

--hide--

Those are the ingredients in any relationship and marriage. shhh

Aug 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: I think there are just as many that jump into getting married and don't work as well Do...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

I think there are just as many that jump into getting married and don't work as well Donna. We can talk about all of this and it is nice to know couples that have made it but there are as many who have a difficult time.

Yes, there has to be chemistry but it is a choice for the days that the pink clouds become gray or that they don't put the lid down on the toilet or put the cap on the tooth paste, etc. That is a choice and not only a choice but a choice to work at being happy and not being overly sensitive and keep the relationship growing by enjoying each other's company and spending time with them. It is great to be able to see couples that make it but there are many that don't as well. A wise person thinks of the ups and downs and then makes the choice knowing that they do love the person, are willing to work at it and knows God's grace will see them through.

A far as Tracy and Liam goes, to me they were a special couple and Liam truly was a man who knew what he wanted and put the time and energy and expense into capturing the heart of the lady he wanted to marry. Believe me for a man who was never married before, he could give classes to teach other men, including the previously married ones

--hide--

This is why I excluded Tracy and Liam.. Tracy was in her mid thirties and not bound to staying in the states... She had the ability to take her daughter with her anywhere in the world.. Liam is nine years older and well established in his career.. Their temperments are in tune.. Married three years now and never a fight.

Aug 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: This is why I excluded Tracy and Liam.. Tracy was in her mid thirties and not bound t...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

This is why I excluded Tracy and Liam.. Tracy was in her mid thirties and not bound to staying in the states... She had the ability to take her daughter with her anywhere in the world.. Liam is nine years older and well established in his career.. Their temperments are in tune.. Married three years now and never a fight.

--hide--

I don't know if they had similar temperaments but I do know that Liam can give lessons on how to win a woman's heart, especially for a man at mid forty's that was never married before, taking on not only a wife but a "daughter," and doing an outstanding job. So for all you ladies that are afraid to date men never married before, Tracy received a prince because she didn't have preconceived notions. That to me was a match made in heaven.

Posts 91 - 100 of 112