Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will discuss a chapter from a book on the subject of courtship.

The first book I'd like to discuss is called "Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar", edited by Leon and Amy Kass. This book is available through Amazon.com. If you can't afford the book or rather not spend the money that's okay. I'll be posting the main issues here for discussion.

May God richly bless this endeavor.
--hide--

I'll participate. I'll check the library for the book.

08/15/2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'll participate. I'll check the library for the book.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I'll participate. I'll check the library for the book.

--hide--

Welcome Lina!
08/17/2012 new
Hi, David

I love this idea--count me in!
08/17/2012 new

there's a great book called "Will Our Love Last?". The author is Sam Hamburg. Well worth reading.

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: David this is a really great idea. I hope your threads generate a lot of interet. With t...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

David this is a really great idea. I hope your threads generate a lot of interet. With that being said we are going to have to attach a special not to the end of each of your new thread stating that the books are not endorsed by CatholicMatch and may contain information that is contrary to Catholic teaching.

--hide--
Sounds good! To start a "book club"! How ever what about the so called "copy right law's" etc. (just wondering)

08/17/2012 new

I think this is a great idea. Looking forward to the discussions.

- Elizabeth

08/17/2012 new
Thank you one and all for your interests.
08/22/2012 new

Thanks for doing this David! I just got the book checked out of the Chicago Public Library. It looks quite interesting and erudite. Any thoughts on when you're starting and which chapters? A blurb on the back cover stated that the Introduction alone is worth the price of the book - so I'll likely start reading that.

08/22/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks for doing this David! I just got the book checked out of the Chicago Public Library. It looks quite i...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thanks for doing this David! I just got the book checked out of the Chicago Public Library. It looks quite interesting and erudite. Any thoughts on when you're starting and which chapters? A blurb on the back cover stated that the Introduction alone is worth the price of the book - so I'll likely start reading that.

--hide--

Hi Patricia, I'm working with Marissa on developing some questions from the introduction and chapters. We'll post them sometime around the beginning of September, probably after the Labor Day weekend. We'll center our discussions around the questions. I'm hoping to get some more men to join in.

More to come shortly...
08/22/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said:Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will d...
(Quote) David-562122 said:Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will discuss a chapter from a book on the subject of courtship.

The first book I'd like to discuss is called "Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar", edited by Leon and Amy Kass. This book is available through Amazon.com. If you can't afford the book or rather not spend the money that's okay. I'll be posting the main issues here for discussion.

May God richly bless this endeavor.
--hide--

Sounds interesting, David .... I'll see if I can cram this endeavor into my schedule! The book sounds great, too!

wave smile

Posts 21 - 30 of 69