Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/05/2012 new
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: David this is great idea. Thank you for suggesting it.
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

David this is great idea. Thank you for suggesting it.

--hide--

Your welcome Elaine. Hope you join us.
09/05/2012 new
Dear Group,

If you have a copy of the book start reading the Introduction on pgs. 1-22. We can start discussing it now. Post any questions, comments, etc...here in this thread.

Starting on Monday, September 10th we shall begin our discussion of our first topic "Where are we now? Assessing the situation (of courtship and marriage in contemporary society)". We shall begin with a discussion of the Bailey article, "From Front Porch to Back Seat" (pgs. 27-38). Also, don't forget to read the short introductory material to the topic on pgs. 23-26.

And remember:

**None of the opinions expressed by myself, David, or by the authors of the articles in this book, necessarily represent the views of the Catholic Church or Catholic Match.
09/16/2012 new

Is there a new thread started for the discussions, er what?

09/21/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Is there a new thread started for the discussions, er what?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Is there a new thread started for the discussions, er what?

--hide--

So... no? I ordered the book, hoping to jump in somewhere along the way... just not sure where I ought to be jumping to.

09/21/2012 new

David 562122...paging David.....

Maybe he made a match here and just doesn't have the time for this book discussion anymore?

09/21/2012 new
There's no leader here. Feel free to jump-in with comments, questions, etc..that you have about the Bailey reading. It's the first reading in chapter 1.
09/21/2012 new
I'll start things off with a question based on the Bailey reading.

What do you think of "calling" and do you see "dating" as an improvement or not?
10/02/2012 new

I was counting on your presenting info from the book so I didn't have to buy or borrow a copy....so I don't know what you're talking about.

Hey, how about a different book for October? scratchchin Maybe one people have read and can just jump in willy-nilly with reflections & opinions.
Just a suggestion....

10/07/2012 new

I just received the book last night. I flipped through the table of contents and am really excited. Some of my favorite writers and passages are in here, and it will be interesting to reread them separate from the rest of the work they were first written in, and instead directly after a passage on a separate topic by a different author. Thank you for the recommendation David.

I enjoyed the Baily reading. I definitely learned a lot. For instance, I had no idea that was the original source for the word date. As to the question of dating versus calling, I like calling; it may sound quaint or what have you, but I can see the merits. That said, I do think that it is not a key priority for me. It is very hard to find someone who is both catholic and shares my values, and because my end objective is marriage, I would be willing to take either route (calling or dating,) with the right girl.

I would be really intrested in hearing other's thoughts on the reading?

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I was counting on your presenting info from the book so I didn't have to buy or borrow a copy....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I was counting on your presenting info from the book so I didn't have to buy or borrow a copy....so I don't know what you're talking about.

--hide--

If anyone wants to pick up the leadership position to keep this going, especially to present some info on the book, I'm sure everyone would be grateful.

I, unfortunately, can't take this on at this time.

Posts 51 - 60 of 69