Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

That Aha! Moment

Aug 13th 2012 new

With the recent stories about people successfully finding their mates at an older age, it seems that there was always one person who had that Aha! Moment on their first face to face. Maybe it wasn't exactly love at first sight, but they knew it was special.

If a person is within driving distance, regardless how you define that, you have the opportunity to let the relationship grow and let the spark ignite. But that is not so easy from a long distance when you don’t see each very often.

Does at least one person need to have that Aha! Moment for an LDR to work?

Aug 13th 2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: With the recent stories about people successfully finding their mates at an older age, it seems that there was a...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

With the recent stories about people successfully finding their mates at an older age, it seems that there was always one person who had that Aha! Moment on their first face to face. Maybe it wasn't exactly love at first sight, but they knew it was special.

If a person is within driving distance, regardless how you define that, you have the opportunity to let the relationship grow and let the spark ignite. But that is not so easy from a long distance when you don’t see each very often.

--hide--

It would help if both had the spark. You could try working off the one, but the trek does become tedious quick, when the jurney is long and there is no attraction.
Aug 13th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: With the recent stories about people successfully finding their mates at an older age, it seems th...

--hide--

Yes, John, I would think that in the case of an LDR, at least one [possibly the pursuer] has that Aha! Moment ... which can very possibly ignite that spark in the one being pursued heart heartbeat

wave smile

Aug 13th 2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: With the recent stories about people successfully finding their mates at an older age, it seems that there was a...

--hide--
I am looking forward to a few more dates with a fine women.... www.youtube.com
Aug 14th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Yes, John, I would think that in the case of an LDR, at least one [possibly the pursue...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yes, John, I would think that in the case of an LDR, at least one [possibly the pursuer] has that Aha! Moment ... which can very possibly ignite that spark in the one being pursued

--hide--

Well said! thumbsup

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: ... in the case of an LDR, at least one ... has that Aha! Moment ... which can very possibly ignite t...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: ... in the case of an LDR, at least one ... has that Aha! Moment ... which can very possibly ignite that spark ...
--hide--

And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some smoldering embers, could they gradually erupt into flames?

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some sm...

And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some smoldering embers, could they gradually erupt into flames?

--hide--

Doesn't that depend on how one tends the embers?

Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some smoldering ember...

--hide--

Absolutely! The first time I met Russ (my husband who died 3 years ago) I liked his personality but felt no inclination to pursue anything other than friendship. I remember telling him that all I wanted was a platonic friendship! As we continued to date, however, that spark for more began to grow until we were married 18 months later. Our marriage lasted 23 years through some pretty rough patches until he died. So yes, John, those "smoldering embers" can and often do "erupt into flames"! lovestruck! rose hug theheart
Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some sm...

--hide--

Sure! biggrin I think that most people go into a F2F with a foundation of what they like about the other person (or else, why bother meeting?). As you discover how your lives can blend together, the sparks, the embers, etc. all can erupt into a volcano. I can just hear the low roar, and then the total eruption of a volcano in this thread! laughing

www.nps.gov

Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) John-666618 said: And if there's no initial bolt of lightning that causes a spark, but there are some smoldering ember...

--hide--

I think it could... But then I tend to be a hopeless romantic scratchchin
Posts 1 - 10 of 56