Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Not me. That would be boring. Besides, what are the odds of ever finding a woman who would...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Not me. That would be boring. Besides, what are the odds of ever finding a woman who would agree with a man all the time?

--hide--

Has that ever happened? Surely there is a documentary or something? rolling eyes laughing

- Elizabeth

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Rhonda-763208 said: LDR, in my humble opinion, can only work when both have that Aha? Moment at first meeting. It ta...
(Quote) Rhonda-763208 said:

LDR, in my humble opinion, can only work when both have that Aha? Moment at first meeting. It takes time-sweet-time to know someone's character and behaviors both can live with.

--hide--

And this is one of the difficulties of LDRs. If you have spent $800 or $900 to fly to see someone (hotel, car rental, meals, airfare) and you don't click on that first visit, do you try a second time?

Compare it to "in-town" dating, where you might be inclined to go out with someone two or three times before deciding if there is an Aha! moment.

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-865848 said: And this is one of the difficulties of LDRs. If you have spent $800 or $900 to fly to see so...
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said:

And this is one of the difficulties of LDRs. If you have spent $800 or $900 to fly to see someone (hotel, car rental, meals, airfare) and you don't click on that first visit, do you try a second time?

Compare it to "in-town" dating, where you might be inclined to go out with someone two or three times before deciding if there is an Aha! moment.

--hide--

Correct Andrew, and even if the 1st F2F does go well (if any dishonestly occurred prior to the F2F, it's usually Over), remember there will be more expensive F2F visits. Can that work? Most definitely if it's a true Match.

As for "in-town", you may only be around another for Months, no dates, and then the Aha! moment occurs.

As for me, I'll continue seeking on CM, but be very open to any potentials I may meet IRL. At 69-yo, I'm learning that eligible Potential women are very likely to have significant age differences. A mature woman, young or old - if she gets interested in a much older man (by being around him IRL), I'll be open to that.

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: Beth, I've read several of your posts and you've inspired me. I was married for 21 yrs ...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

Beth, I've read several of your posts and you've inspired me. I was married for 21 yrs to an atheist PK (preacher's kid). He has such contrmpt for his father and mother that he thought their devotion was a kind of mental illness. Fortunately, I am no longer married to him. And as I was going through my divorce I made my long overdue Confirmation.

My religion is very important to me and I hope to find a man with the same devotion. As a matter of fact I've been chatting with someone on this website that is clearly very devoted to God and his Catholic faith.

I wanted you to know your spirit has touched me.

Thank you.

Kim

Absolutely! The first time I met Russ (my husband who died 3 years ago) I liked his personality but felt no inclination to pursue anything other than friendship. I remember telling him that all I wanted was a platonic friendship! As we continued to date, however, that spark for more began to grow until we were married 18 months later. Our marriage lasted 23 years through some pretty rough patches until he died. So yes, John, those "smoldering embers" can and often do "erupt into flames"!
--hide--

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kimberley-892191 said:
(Quote) Kimberley-892191 said:

--hide--
Thanks Kimberley and welcome to the forums. Encouragement is such a necessity in every arena of life. Anytime we can spread love out into the world it is a good and a wonderful thing. Guys get discouraged, just like we do. Sometimes it's hard to keep plugging away, keeping positive, sending messages, but if everyone sits back waiting for that aha moment to explode into their life, nothing will ever get accomplished. I'm so glad my story encouraged you. If I hadn't asked Mark what kind of motorcycle he drove, chances are he wouldn't be my fiance now! rolling eyes hug

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-865848 said: And this is one of the difficulties of LDRs. If you have spent $800 or $90...
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said:

--hide--

I would go to any length to have a F2F, if there's a hint of him being THE ONE that God has chosen for me.

Mari

Posts 51 - 56 of 56