Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Aug 17th 2012 new
(Quote) David-562122 said: We haven't even discussed the honeymoon and there are only 20 posts left until lockdown.
(Quote) David-562122 said: We haven't even discussed the honeymoon and there are only 20 posts left until lockdown.

--hide--

I would like a getaway honeymoon like Hawaii but depends on the situation. If something cheaper is needed I would be find going to several areas of the US and driving there.
Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Does receiving gifts make you feel more loved, Lynn?We tend to show our love through the w...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Does receiving gifts make you feel more loved, Lynn?

We tend to show our love through the ways WE like to be shown it. For instance, I hug my son a lot, because that's a primary love language for me...and good thing it's one of his, too! But what's important is that we show love to the other by how that other feels loved. If I hugged my son a lot because I love him, but his primary love language was Words of Affirmation and I didn't tell him, "Good job! You tackled that problem well! Wow, you played that piece of music so beautifully!", then he would not feel love from me the way that it's most meaningful to him. I could hug him all I want, but he'd always feel a lack somewhere inside.

So, Lynn, if you find a woman whose Love Language is also Gifts, then that big rock on her finger will really mean a lot!
But if Gifts was last on her Love Language List, and, say, Acts of Service were most important to her, then being a man who pitched in around the house would make her feel like a queen. Lacking that, a big rock on her finger would only serve to mock. Even though giving that expensive ring would mean a great deal for you, Lynn, it would be an even greater show of love on your part if you sacrificed giving her what pleases you and gave, instead, what meant most to her. But you knew that.

--hide--

No, receiving gifts means very little to me. The sentiment behind gifts, or a handwritten note or card from children is much more important than a gift. Words and Quality Time are the most important to me. Gifts, pah, I can buy things I want myself, so it means very little if someone buys something for me. Now if it were a new set of golf clubs or a classic Ford convertible. . . then it might. :)

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Does receiving gifts make you feel more loved, Lynn?We tend to show our love through the w...

We tend to show our love through the ways WE like to be shown it. For instance, I hug my son a lot, because that's a primary love language for me...and good thing it's one of his, too! But what's important is that we show love to the other by how that other feels loved. If I hugged my son a lot because I love him, but his primary love language was Words of Affirmation and I didn't tell him, "Good job! You tackled that problem well! Wow, you played that piece of music so beautifully!", then he would not feel love from me the way that it's most meaningful to him. I could hug him all I want, but he'd always feel a lack somewhere inside.

So, Lynn, if you find a woman whose Love Language is also Gifts, then that big rock on her finger will really mean a lot!
But if Gifts was last on her Love Language List, and, say, Acts of Service were most important to her, then being a man who pitched in around the house would make her feel like a queen. Lacking that, a big rock on her finger would only serve to mock. Even though giving that expensive ring would mean a great deal for you, Lynn, it would be an even greater show of love on your part if you sacrificed giving her what pleases you and gave, instead, what meant most to her. But you knew that.

--hide--

I can't imagine I wouldn't marry someone who enjoyed gifts. . . . because I REALLY enjoy giving them. . . . including, for ladies, jewelry and high end merchandise. I've never really been close enough to give clothing as a gift (something only a fiance or husband should do, I feel, unless its impersonal, like a KSU windshirt, etc.). I intend to have the best dressed wife in town if she will let me spend the dinero.

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I would like a getaway honeymoon like Hawaii but depends on the situation. If something cheaper i...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:

I would like a getaway honeymoon like Hawaii but depends on the situation. If something cheaper is needed I would be find going to several areas of the US and driving there.
--hide--

I'll start a new thread on it. . . . because I have an interesting element to share about it. . .

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: On one episode I saw this bride was flown there on her dad's private jet. That to me is ridic...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:

On one episode I saw this bride was flown there on her dad's private jet. That to me is ridiculous and most of these dresses don't look like a wedding dress, but a cocktail dress. Way too immodest for me to wear a strapless dress.

My mother is desperate for me to marry and she's been talking as of late about my future wedding and (I wish I was making this up)already making a list of what to do for a wedding. I had to tell her I'm not even dating anyone she is way too premature.
--hide--

laughing Wow! My mom has never discussed weddings with me. I think she knows I'm whatever when it comes to stuff like this. I'm the one who decided to buy a house and then bought a house basically 5 weeks later (yes, I'm meaning the act of sale!). I think she fears I might do that and elope! laughing

Aug 17th 2012 new

Never happen.. the church, your family being there.. Those are vital for you Tara. heart

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Wow! My mom has never discussed weddings with me. I think she knows I'm ...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

Wow! My mom has never discussed weddings with me. I think she knows I'm whatever when it comes to stuff like this. I'm the one who decided to buy a house and then bought a house basically 5 weeks later (yes, I'm meaning the act of sale!). I think she fears I might do that and elope!

--hide--

My sister's wedding was a little elaborate and the planning of it was quite intricate. I like to joke with my Mom that when I get engaged, I'll just send her an invitation! We both know better. Although, if I didn't think it would hurt her feelings, I might.

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I agree with you there, in the theory of it.But could the preference for size or t...

I agree with you there, in the theory of it.

But could the preference for size or type of ring stone have a bit to do with Love Languages? For the person to whom Gifts means a lot, then the ring is quite significant for the receiver OR the giver. For whom Gifts is not of a higher priority in feeling loved, then ... not so much?

--hide--

Good point, Lina .... Life has taught me that it's not the stuff in it that matters .... it's the people and what we do that really matters. A quietly elegant ring, along with a quietly elegant dress and reception would suit me just fine.

Oh, and for the dress, I had a bridesmaid's dress, but in champagne (color) ... it only cost about $300 ... the style was very striking, and quietly elegant.

rose note

Aug 17th 2012 new

--hide--

Well said, Lina rose note hug

Aug 17th 2012 new
Count me in.
Posts 181 - 190 of 200