Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Amy-868480 said: David, David, David!!!! Oh my!!!! I think there is too much bad karma with a ring you ...
(Quote) Amy-868480 said:

David, David, David!!!! Oh my!!!! I think there is too much bad karma with a ring you alread presented to someone!!!!

Maybe sell...save the cash, and by all means DO NOT tell your fiance!!!!! Actually tell NO ONE.

--hide--

laughing You have to sell it!!!!!

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: My assistant's daughters are around my age, and one of them supposedly h...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

My assistant's daughters are around my age, and one of them supposedly has a $17,000 ring. I'm like, WHAT?! Not that I'd be afraid of losing it, but people are desperate in this economy, and I'd be worried about it being stolen. My mom and sister have bought lots of jewelry from QVC, and they got me into it. I never go a day without getting compliments on their rings. They have what's called Diamonique, which is like one of the highest quality cubic zirconias, and I have a few of those rings. Honestly, even if my future husband bought me a $2,000 diamond ring, these other rings would look more expensive. :( So, honestly, I think it would be better to just buy a Diamonique one to make it stand out against the others!

I think most of the battle is with women. They want to see the ring, and if it's too big, some will gossip that it can't be real. I've heard it all before. I'm not a traditional person, however I don't see myself wanting a gemstone. Who knows... lol

--hide--

Have to say I'm with you on this. A diamond that won't get lost on my hand, is way more than I want to worry about every day. I have a cz with a killer keeper in diamonds. Silly me - I'm easy. I get befuddled when I look at what people are paying for rings, weddings, gowns. It's crazy...(really...you need to watch the last ten minutes of that movie. You'll see I'm right on this. laughing laughing laughing ) heart

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: You have to sell it!!!!!

You have to sell it!!!!!

--hide--

I disagree. If it is a quality stone, design a new ring around it. heart

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Have to say I'm with you on this. A diamond that won't get lost on ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Have to say I'm with you on this. A diamond that won't get lost on my hand, is way more than I want to worry about every day. I have a cz with a killer keeper in diamonds. Silly me - I'm easy. I get befuddled when I look at what people are paying for rings, weddings, gowns. It's crazy...(really...you need to watch the last ten minutes of that movie. You'll see I'm right on this. )

--hide--

laughing Will have to add it to my Netflix just to watch the ending... I obviously will have a church wedding, but I'm way too Type A to plan a crazy wedding that would stress me out and way too practical to pay for all of that. I'd rather just have a hangout afterwards. It's funny because I'm actually kinda whatever about it. The marriage is what is important, not the wedding, necessarily. I don't want to stress on the day that is supposed to be the happiest day of my life so far. Things are SUCH a competition these days, and I don't even want to "play the game".... laughing

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Will have to add it to my Netflix just to watch the ending... I obviously w...

Will have to add it to my Netflix just to watch the ending... I obviously will have a church wedding, but I'm way too Type A to plan a crazy wedding that would stress me out and way too practical to pay for all of that. I'd rather just have a hangout afterwards. It's funny because I'm actually kinda whatever about it. The marriage is what is important, not the wedding, necessarily. I don't want to stress on the day that is supposed to be the happiest day of my life so far. Things are SUCH a competition these days, and I don't even want to "play the game"....

--hide--

I repeat...watch the movie..watch the whole thing (it's FUN - actually..I think I will go dig out my copy!). The party is so you though...sparklers and all!!! heart

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I repeat...watch the movie..watch the whole thing (it's FUN - actually..I th...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I repeat...watch the movie..watch the whole thing (it's FUN - actually..I think I will go dig out my copy!). The party is so you though...sparklers and all!!!

--hide--

lol I did see it when it first came out awhile back, but okay, I'll REWATCH the entire thing. lol

08/15/2012 new
My sister had the greatest $300,000 wedding at an historical hotel called the DuPont in Deleware. The greatest wedding I've ever been too and I don't say that because it was my sister's wedding. Best food, best bar, best band, just a great time.

The marriage lasted a year.
08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: Someone who got married told me another trick is to just buy a ring. Apparently a regular diamond...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:

Someone who got married told me another trick is to just buy a ring. Apparently a regular diamond ring is cheaper than one that says engagement.
--hide--

You know, I would agree this could be true. I have heard to just say, "I'm having a party" instead of "This is for a wedding reception" when you need to order things. They have a different mark-up. What a shame.

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Two month's salary is a myth that was started by. . . DeBeers, back in the d...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Two month's salary is a myth that was started by. . . DeBeers, back in the day. (Diamond sellers, of course). Quite honestly, my personal preference is to give a pretty showy ring, but that's me and that's based upon my situation, cost of living, etc. Each person is individual. I'm a jewelry person, though, and like it on women. In my community, there are many who grew up Anabaptist (similar to new order mennonites) and jewelry is a very low priority. . . as the members of that church give expensive watches as engagement/wedding presents.

--hide--

Net or gross? laughing That could be a pretty expensive ring!

08/15/2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: My sister had the greatest $300,000 wedding at an historical hotel called the DuPont in Deleware. The gr...
(Quote) David-562122 said: My sister had the greatest $300,000 wedding at an historical hotel called the DuPont in Deleware. The greatest wedding I've ever been too and I don't say that because it was my sister's wedding. Best food, best bar, best band, just a great time.

The marriage lasted a year.
--hide--

I rest my case!

Posts 21 - 30 of 200