Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Is it possible that the ring could be cursed? Better to sell it and just buy a new one. ...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Is it possible that the ring could be cursed? Better to sell it and just buy a new one.

The diamond wasn't the beets but artistically the girl had good taste. The ring is sharp looking.
--hide--

I wouldn't say that the ring is cursed. That ring design was chosen for a particular person and their style.
I would want the ring to match my personality not the personality of a former girlfriend.

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-605462 said: I wouldn't say that the ring is cursed. That ring design was chosen for a particula...
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:

I wouldn't say that the ring is cursed. That ring design was chosen for a particular person and their style.
I would want the ring to match my personality not the personality of a former girlfriend.

--hide--

exactly! biggrin

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Sis has remarried and doing well. Her second wedding was in Manhattan and not nearly as over-the-top. Sh...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Sis has remarried and doing well. Her second wedding was in Manhattan and not nearly as over-the-top. She's been married for seven years now and has two kids. My dad passed away ten years ago. Heavy smoker-like four packs a day. He was a self-made millionaire business man. Oh I forgot Obama days he didn't do that, the government did.
--hide--

It is nice to hear your sister was able to move on with her life. Sounds like she is doing good. lovestruck!

Sorry to hear your father passed. Praying

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Thanks Lynn. I better make sure I don't lose my baptismal certificate. I do have the ring th...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Thanks Lynn. I better make sure I don't lose my baptismal certificate.

I do have the ring that I gave my ex-fianc; yes guys, it's okay to get your ring back if the

girl breaks it off with you. Is it tacky to reuse an engagement ring (assuming it fits)? The ring is beautiful and cost me $1,000. It has a nice platinum design with a diamond setting. It doesn't look like a traditional engagement ring which is why she probably picked it out--so she could wear it after she dumped me.

When she grudgingly gave me back my ring and stormed off, I pretended to throw the ring into the woods behind her house. I kept imagining her outside at night with a flashlight, on her hands and knees scouring through the bushes frantically crying like Gollum, my precious!! where are you my preciousss...".
--hide--

Yes, David, it IS very tacky to re-use an engagement ring. Assuming the ring was chosen to suit your now-ex fiance, it would most likely not suit your prospective fiance. Find one that suits her and her taste in jewelry.

Your ex SHOULD have returned the engagement ring to you, especially since SHE broke off the engagement! Sheesh rolling eyes

All the best to you!

Aug 15th 2012 new
Thanks Amy!

I should point out that I myself am not a millionaire. Sorry ladies.
Aug 15th 2012 new
Thanks Amy!

I should point out that I myself am not a millionaire. Sorry ladies.
Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) David-562122 said: Okay say you date a woman and pop the question. She says yes. Now what? Do you take wedding prep classes? For how ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Okay say you date a woman and pop the question. She says yes. Now what? Do you take wedding prep classes? For how long? Do you have to pass a test to get married in the Church?

This hasn't happened to me yet. Just curious.
--hide--

Good question David, and funny you should raise this question. I just got engaged to my CM guy this past Sunday. We have contacted the parish priest to find out "now what"? We are hoping to do the abbreviated version of pre cana classes due to our "mature" ages, and the fact we have been through this before (we are both annulled) and obviously because we cannot have children. I have heard it depends upon the discretion of the parish priest, as well as how active and faithful the couple is in their Catholicism.

Hoping to get some answers soon and will let you know.
Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I repeat...watch the movie..watch the whole thing (it's FUN - actually..I th...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I repeat...watch the movie..watch the whole thing (it's FUN - actually..I think I will go dig out my copy!). The party is so you though...sparklers and all!!!

--hide--

What's the name of the movie, AnneMarie .... thanks!

heart

Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Joan-629290 said: Good question David, and funny you should raise this question. I just got engaged to my CM guy this past Su...
(Quote) Joan-629290 said:

Good question David, and funny you should raise this question. I just got engaged to my CM guy this past Sunday. We have contacted the parish priest to find out "now what"? We are hoping to do the abbreviated version of pre cana classes due to our "mature" ages, and the fact we have been through this before (we are both annulled) and obviously because we cannot have children. I have heard it depends upon the discretion of the parish priest, as well as how active and faithful the couple is in their Catholicism.

Hoping to get some answers soon and will let you know.
--hide--

Mazel Tov Joan! (that's "congratulations" in Hebrew). Please keep me informed of your progress, especially what kind of reading materials your priest assigns.

I'm a little bummed that we can't just get married in any Catholic church. I wanted to get married in Venice.
Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Yes, David, it IS very tacky to re-use an engagement ring. Assuming the ring was chosen to suit you...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yes, David, it IS very tacky to re-use an engagement ring. Assuming the ring was chosen to suit your now-ex fiance, it would most likely not suit your prospective fiance. Find one that suits her and her taste in jewelry.

Your ex SHOULD have returned the engagement ring to you, especially since SHE broke off the engagement! Sheesh

All the best to you!

--hide--

You have a great smile Mary Alice.
Posts 41 - 50 of 200