Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: What's the name of the movie, AnneMarie .... thanks!
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

What's the name of the movie, AnneMarie .... thanks!

--hide--

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I keep teasing Tara that the party at the end is her!! It is I think!! heart

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Yes, David, it IS very tacky to re-use an e...
(Quote) David-562122 said:
Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yes, David, it IS very tacky to re-use an engagement ring. Assuming the ring was chosen to suit your now-ex fiance, it would most likely not suit your prospective fiance. Find one that suits her and her taste in jewelry.

Your ex SHOULD have returned the engagement ring to you, especially since SHE broke off the engagement! Sheesh

All the best to you!

You have a great smile Mary Alice.
--hide--

Thank you, David embarassed paper bag

As for getting married in Venice, all you might need is a dispensation from your local Bishop .... he can provide the "go ahead" .... look into it! And all the best to you!

heart

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Amy-868480 said: exactly!
(Quote) Amy-868480 said:

exactly!

--hide--

Agreed! A guy friend of mine designed the ring he bought to propose, and she rejected his proposal. He couldn't return it because it was a special order. He still has it. I'm assuming he'd sell it, though. :/

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: What's the name of the movie...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

What's the name of the movie, AnneMarie .... thanks!

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I keep teasing Tara that the party at the end is her!! It is I think!!

--hide--

Thanks, AnneMarie .... I'll check it out!

rose note

Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) David-562122 said: Mazel Tov Joan! (that's "congratulations" in Hebrew). Please keep me informed of your progre...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Mazel Tov Joan! (that's "congratulations" in Hebrew). Please keep me informed of your progress, especially what kind of reading materials your priest assigns.

I'm a little bummed that we can't just get married in any Catholic church. I wanted to get married in Venice.
--hide--

Thank you, David!

Guy (my fianc) thinks it's possible to get married in any Catholic church, as long as your own parish priest writes a letter of dispensation. We are looking into that as well, so I'll let you know what is permitted, and what preparation is required.

Everyone needs to know that CM works, so put yourself out there, pray and trust, and in God's time...!
Aug 15th 2012 new
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: . Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I keep teasing Tara that the party at the end ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I keep teasing Tara that the party at the end is her!! It is I think!!

--hide--

laughing laughing Now I wonder how many people her church holds???? shhh wink
Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Agreed! A guy friend of mine designed the ring he bought to propose, and she rejected...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

Agreed! A guy friend of mine designed the ring he bought to propose, and she rejected his proposal. He couldn't return it because it was a special order. He still has it. I'm assuming he'd sell it, though. :/

--hide--

That's sad sad Gold is high - a decent jeweler will redesign for a reasonable fee. heart

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Now I wonder how many people her church holds????
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Now I wonder how many people her church holds????
--hide--

shhh church is good - predominantly Catholic state...lots of pretty churches. I'll stand in the back if I have to. shhh heart

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: How much are engagement rings going for nowadays? Can you get an acceptable ring for $500.00? I'm ta...
(Quote) David-562122 said: How much are engagement rings going for nowadays? Can you get an acceptable ring for $500.00? I'm tapped out.
--hide--
No woman these days will marry you with a $500 dollar ring!Try $5,000.00 wide eyed discoball two cents shamrock

Aug 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No woman these days will marry you with a $500 dollar ring!Try $5,000.00
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

No woman these days will marry you with a $500 dollar ring!Try $5,000.00

--hide--

Eh - wrong answer! There are women who don't like jewelery that requires insurance. Color me one of them. heart

Posts 51 - 60 of 200