Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

08/16/2012 new
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's teachings) how...
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's teachings) however if you allow us who are divorced and not yet free to marry in the Catholic Church to join this site, why then won't you allow us to be matched? Whether you match us or we find a match on our own through this very site, what's the difference? Maybe I'm being naive abut I look forward to your answer. Thank you!

--hide--

Peggy, this may not be exactly what you are looking for in way of an answer but I wanted to share something that a lot of our newer members may not be aware of. When CatholicMatch first started it was not named as such (it was straphaels.net). The original site was designed to be more than a dating site. CatholicMatch retains the original vision of that site; it can also be a community for many people. It is a "place" where we "grow in faith, fall in love." It makes sense that people who are not looking to immediately fall in love would join this site in addition to those who are. Truthfully, I think there is something odd about the approach of coming to a site with such a singular focus. It seems artificial. Whereas, when learning, praying, growing, building friendships, dating, courting and falling in love seem like a more wholistic approach to the experience of life as a Catholic. But that's just me.

Anyway, I just wanted to shed some light on one of the reasons why this site is available for those who aren't immediately able to get married in the Church. One may not be free to date (and this is where the site owners are being obedient to Holy Mother Church), but that doesn't mean one is shut out from the community that is here.
08/16/2012 new
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: Donna, I agree. It seems that there are a lot of important factors that aren't being addressed in the match...
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

Donna, I agree. It seems that there are a lot of important factors that aren't being addressed in the matching. I'm not trying to be critical, but there have been many good points brought up . . . distance, marital status, smoking, drinking, . . . the list goes on. If we can filter them in our regular search but not the match search, then I'm not sure the purpose for the match and maybe I'm okay with not having access to it. Just sayin'

Sorry, I'm having a bad day . . . just take what I say with a grain of salt. But, I do hope I at least make some sense.

On a brighter note, I do hope it's helpful to those who have access to it AND if it helps only one find that perfect person that God has prepared for them, then it is all a SUCCESS!!!

Best of luck everyone!!!

--hide--

hug Peggy, I hope things look brighter soon. I don't like hearing you have had a bad day.

Something to keep in mind (I've learned this having been through MANY changes on CM) is that this is really early, very close to the release date. As Brian said, it will take time for people to come around to take the test. (I just had a man browse me today that I sent an email to two months ago. A lot of members don't log in as much as me. laughing) Eventually the whole process will smooth out when more surveys are in. Just right now there a very limited number of these tests to choose from. But it will happen.

Thank you, Peggy, for your charity toward your fellow CM members. God bless you for rising above your bad day. rose
08/16/2012 new

Makes sense, Brian. Thanks! biggrin

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not al...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not allow a limit of less than 250 mile radius. As more people take the test we will be able to allow users to set more strict preferences but for nowit has to be this way because it is so new. It would be as if we started CatholicMatch today rather than 13 years ago, it would take some time to get people in all areas of the country and reach critical mass. As more existing and new users take the match portrait we will be able to adjust some of those settings. Thanks for your patience we believe this will be a helpful tool, it just may take more time for some.

--hide--

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Catherine, it is very simple to change your match answer. On your match inbox page you w...

Catherine, it is very simple to change your match answer. On your match inbox page you will see a search box at the top with a little down arrow next to a magnifying glass. Select that drow down menu and choose 'no.' All of your matches who you were not interested in will be displayed. Select the 'Change of Heart?' button and you will then be able to choose a different answer.

I will have to do a little research on a smoking and drinking question. I know we have excluded some items like that but I can't recall which ones for sure. As I mentioned in another post we are mostly basing the matches off of the match portrait, thus for awhile you may get some people that exhibit beaviors, physical features or geography that my not e a tailored as you would like. Over time as more user take the test we will be able to provide more strict results based on addtional criteria other than the test itself. Thank you for your patience why we buidl up this system.

--hide--
Hi, Brian, I found the search box you are talking about and if I want to change from no to yes, the change of heart button is available. If I choose my yeses, there is no change of heart button, it is a view profile button in it's place. I hope that you do find a way to take some of these other things into consideration, especially something that could be a potential deal-breaker. Please let me know about the change of heart button for matches I previously said yes to. Thanks.

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Catherine-708752 said: Hi, Brian, I found the search box you are talking about and if I want to change from no to ye...
(Quote) Catherine-708752 said:

Hi, Brian, I found the search box you are talking about and if I want to change from no to yes, the change of heart button is available. If I choose my yeses, there is no change of heart button, it is a view profile button in it's place. I hope that you do find a way to take some of these other things into consideration, especially something that could be a potential deal-breaker. Please let me know about the change of heart button for matches I previously said yes to. Thanks.

--hide--

Click "View this match" and then click on the match icon in the blue bar with their name and it will bring the choices back. What things have I not taken into consideration?

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Click "View this match" and then click on the match icon in the blue bar with ...

Click "View this match" and then click on the match icon in the blue bar with their name and it will bring the choices back. What things have I not taken into consideration?

--hide--
The "preferences" regarding smoking and drinking....I just hope that those can be addressed in the new matching system eventually, because for me those are deal breakers. I suppose we all have certain things that we consider deal breakers...

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Catherine-708752 said: The "preferences" regarding smoking and drinking....I just hope that those can be a...
(Quote) Catherine-708752 said:

The "preferences" regarding smoking and drinking....I just hope that those can be addressed in the new matching system eventually, because for me those are deal breakers. I suppose we all have certain things that we consider deal breakers...

--hide--

I am not sure how else I can explain it. I have explained the practical reasons why we are basing the matches primarily off the mutual match portraits. I am just repeating myself at this point I have tried to explain it as best I can. I am sorry I have not satisfied you.

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better...

Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better" or "I don't like the new..." are not helpful and will be removed. Specifics are important. Thanks again and we hope you like the updates!

--hide--
How do you do the test?

08/17/2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: How do you do the test?
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

How do you do the test?

--hide--

Good Morning Sherrill-anne - If I am not mistaken - Go to your Home Page - a little house on the far right in blue line. Under your small profile picture you will see Matches - click on it - I beleive it will take you the Test - if you have already done it - you should get a box telling you that.

Blessings!

08/17/2012 new

I have to think outside the box, because of the matches I'm receiving, and review and consider ladies that would not normally show up in a custom search result for me, so I think that's probably positive for members, myself included. I didn't expect it to be just like other sites, nor did I expect it to be a search---that's what "Search" customization is for, I believe. I think its kind of fun but I suspect a lot of users haven't taken the Match test. . .

Posts 31 - 40 of 81