Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: Could the earlier mentioned small amount of people who have taken it be the contributing factor to...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

Could the earlier mentioned small amount of people who have taken it be the contributing factor to why I have only had 4-5 matches since it has launched or does it have some sort of limit to how many you can be "matched" with at any one time?

--hide--

It is actually a bit of both. First, we never intended nor do we intend to send a lot of matches each week. We really want people to consider their matches and take them serious. Second, while we are not as large as a few of the big secular dating sites we do have a pretty large community. As a result it is very easy to be on image/information overload. Between, views, home page feeds, searches, favorites etc. It is a lot for some people to process. We think matching will help people consider more about the profile, who the person is and not simply dismiss them quickly on things that might not be as important as they are making them. Lastly, the pool is limited right now since only small % of our active users have completed the portrait. Like anything else new it takes a little time. Soon Match emails will be going out and we plan to direct user towards the portrait automatically upon login. Both things should increase the participation.

Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Peggy-755976 said: I don't want to start a whole big moral deba...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Peggy-755976 said:

I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's teachings) however if you allow us who are divorced and not yet free to marry in the Catholic Church to join this site, why then won't you allow us to be matched? Whether you match us or we find a match on our own through this very site, what's the difference? Maybe I'm being naive abut I look forward to your answer. Thank you!

There are many here, widowed annulled and never married that object to being matched with people who are not free to marry in the Church.. They will object just as vociferously to being matched with divorced members as the divorced members will about being excluded. So Admin is pretty much between a rock and a hard place with this one.

--hide--

So then why let people join in the first place if they are not going to be matched up? And are they told before signing up that they will not be matched up? Just wondering

Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: So then why let people join in the first place if they are not going to be matched up...
(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said:

So then why let people join in the first place if they are not going to be matched up? And are they told before signing up that they will not be matched up? Just wondering

--hide--

My apologies Brian, I see that you have already addressed my questions above and I just now read your response later on in the thread and it makes total sense to me. Guess I need to read the whole thread before posting.

Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better" or "I don't like the new..." are not helpful and will be removed. Specifics are important. Thanks again and we hope you like the updates!

--hide--

So when I see a number in parentheses next to "matches," I click on it and see names, but no pics. They are just boxes with ?'s in them. I have to click on each one to see the pic (which then views their profile) and they don't clear unless I click on them. This is a tad awkward when you're not interested in them. How do I know if this is a new person or someone I already tried dating who has that same name? Having their pictures there would really help.

However, would I still have to click on their profiles in order to not have them still show. For example, if it says (5), do I have to click on all 5 in order to clear that? Will it continue to say (5), or more possibly, if I don't click on their profiles to check them out?

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: So when I see a number in parentheses next to "matches," I click on it and ...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

So when I see a number in parentheses next to "matches," I click on it and see names, but no pics. They are just boxes with ?'s in them. I have to click on each one to see the pic (which then views their profile) and they don't clear unless I click on them. This is a tad awkward when you're not interested in them. How do I know if this is a new person or someone I already tried dating who has that same name? Having their pictures there would really help.

However, would I still have to click on their profiles in order to not have them still show. For example, if it says (5), do I have to click on all 5 in order to clear that? Will it continue to say (5), or more possibly, if I don't click on their profiles to check them out?

--hide--

This was discussed in in thie beta thread.www.catholicmatch.com Yes a match is new until you review it. Just like a message is new until you read it.

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: This was discussed in in thie beta thread.www.catholicmatch.com.

This was discussed in in thie beta thread.www.catholicmatch.com Yes a match is new until you review it. Just like a message is new until you read it.

--hide--

Thanks. Well, it would help to be able to see their pic before clicking on it. I'd rather just be able to see the pic and delete the new match (without viewing it) it if it's someone whose profile I've already looked at. Otherwise, it does make it seem that you're interested since you're viewing this profile again. It just seems like false hope to some...

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-539245 said: Thanks. Well, it would help to be able to see their pic before clicking on i...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

Thanks. Well, it would help to be able to see their pic before clicking on it. I'd rather just be able to see the pic and delete the new match (without viewing it) it if it's someone whose profile I've already looked at. Otherwise, it does make it seem that you're interested since you're viewing this profile again. It just seems like false hope to some...

--hide--

Tara: As we discussed in the thread that I linked to, there is a lot of things on CatholicMatch and in online meeting sites in general that allow a user to quickly dismiss a person such as a single photo or one piece of information. The reason we provide matches unrevealed is that we want the user to take time to really consider the whole profile and as much about the person as possible before deciding they are or not a good match. Time and time again we hear from our couples about how they qucikly dismissed someone only to later reconsider them and utlimatly found them to be miss or mr. right. The "view" does not offer anyone fals hope as thousands and thousands of veiws are created every day, it does not mean the person was interested it just means they could be interesed. If I do every momentary glance from a women as meaning that she was making eye contact with me for flirting purposes I would probably be getting slapped in the face a dozen times per day. A view could mean they someone checked your profile because they saw you posting in the forums, chat room, comment on a blog, showed up in your feed, search result etc. But it does not always mean there is interest. Even when users click on a profile because the can see the photo and like the photo, after reading the profile there may not be any interest anyway. Thus that could be considered "false hope" as well. Bottom line is we want there to be at least one thing where users actually take a breath don't qucikly dismiss and really try to discover if a person is a good match for them especially since they know that the person probably has a lot in common with them on a deeper values & interest level, otherwise they would not have been matched in the first place.

Hope that helps.

Aug 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Tara: As we discussed in the thread that I linked to, there is a lot of things on CatholicMatch and in ...

Tara: As we discussed in the thread that I linked to, there is a lot of things on CatholicMatch and in online meeting sites in general that allow a user to quickly dismiss a person such as a single photo or one piece of information. The reason we provide matches unrevealed is that we want the user to take time to really consider the whole profile and as much about the person as possible before deciding they are or not a good match. Time and time again we hear from our couples about how they qucikly dismissed someone only to later reconsider them and utlimatly found them to be miss or mr. right. The "view" does not offer anyone fals hope as thousands and thousands of veiws are created every day, it does not mean the person was interested it just means they could be interesed. If I do every momentary glance from a women as meaning that she was making eye contact with me for flirting purposes I would probably be getting slapped in the face a dozen times per day. A view could mean they someone checked your profile because they saw you posting in the forums, chat room, comment on a blog, showed up in your feed, search result etc. But it does not always mean there is interest. Even when users click on a profile because the can see the photo and like the photo, after reading the profile there may not be any interest anyway. Thus that could be considered "false hope" as well. Bottom line is we want there to be at least one thing where users actually take a breath don't qucikly dismiss and really try to discover if a person is a good match for them especially since they know that the person probably has a lot in common with them on a deeper values & interest level, otherwise they would not have been matched in the first place.

Hope that helps.

--hide--
I understand what you're saying. However, I know that I wonder when I get "viewed me" notifications regularly by the same guys. I guess maybe they're accidentally clicking on my profile again... I guess, then, what is the point of the question mark boxes then? I thought it was a loading issue where the pictures were not showing up. However, I wouldn't have thought that if there weren't any strange boxes. Lol But, I like most of the changes, just not these ones. Thanks for explaining.
Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Peggy, I hope things look brighter soon. I don't like hearing you have had a bad day.
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Peggy, I hope things look brighter soon. I don't like hearing you have had a bad day.

Something to keep in mind (I've learned this having been through MANY changes on CM) is that this is really early, very close to the release date. As Brian said, it will take time for people to come around to take the test. (I just had a man browse me today that I sent an email to two months ago. A lot of members don't log in as much as me. ) Eventually the whole process will smooth out when more surveys are in. Just right now there a very limited number of these tests to choose from. But it will happen.

Thank you, Peggy, for your charity toward your fellow CM members. God bless you for rising above your bad day.
--hide--

Dawn, you always find nice words for everybody! I just wanted you to know that... wave hug clap rose

Aug 24th 2012 new

Wow, what's with the new icons for the rooms?????

Posts 51 - 60 of 81