Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Aug 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Dawn, you always find nice words for everybody! I just wanted you to know that...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Dawn, you always find nice words for everybody! I just wanted you to know that...

--hide--

Awww! Andrea, thank you for the sweet compliment. I really needed one today (been a rouh week at work and with my family). You lifted me up today. hughugrose
Aug 24th 2012 new

I'm getting used to it and it looks OK, but I don't really understand the "matching" methodology that is being used. At least two of my "matches" were NOT people with "Yes to All" for the seven faith-related questions. I hope those women weren't disappointed, but they came up as "matches" for me even though they'd never show up in any of my saved CM searches.

Aug 25th 2012 new

If I click "yes" I'm interested in a match, how will I know if the person is interested in me back?

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Marylynn-884969 said: If I click "yes" I'm interested in a match, how will I know if the person is int...
(Quote) Marylynn-884969 said:

If I click "yes" I'm interested in a match, how will I know if the person is interested in me back?

--hide--

As I understand it, after both parties indicate they are interested, CM will automatically send some type of introduction message to both.

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better" or "I don't like the new..." are not helpful and will be removed. Specifics are important. Thanks again and we hope you like the updates!

--hide--

An indicator on the Home page on the number of new Matches would be nice. I got bored and clicked on the Matches, and found a bunch of new ones today. I never thought to check for a few days because I did not think that I had any new ones. I think that if you have more than one Message, the count shows in parathesis? I'd like to see the same for Matches. Not sure if this was brought up before, probably!

Thanks!

Aug 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: ... one of my pictures was a full-length shot of me, but it was showing only part of the picture ...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

... one of my pictures was a full-length shot of me, but it was showing only part of the picture (I was decapitated.....). ...

--hide--

If the latter statement was true, then just as well the picture didn't show that. smile

Aug 26th 2012 new

It seems like I get a lot more views than I used to, but fewer messages and emotigrams.

Sep 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: An indicator on the Home page on the number of new Matches would be nice. I got bored ...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

An indicator on the Home page on the number of new Matches would be nice. I got bored and clicked on the Matches, and found a bunch of new ones today. I never thought to check for a few days because I did not think that I had any new ones. I think that if you have more than one Message, the count shows in parathesis? I'd like to see the same for Matches. Not sure if this was brought up before, probably!

Thanks!

--hide--

Suggestion implemented, thank you! thumbsup

Sep 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not allow a limit of...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not allow a limit of less than 250 mile radius. As more people take the test we will be able to allow users to set more strict preferences but for nowit has to be this way because it is so new. It would be as if we started CatholicMatch today rather than 13 years ago, it would take some time to get people in all areas of the country and reach critical mass. As more existing and new users take the match portrait we will be able to adjust some of those settings. Thanks for your patience we believe this will be a helpful tool, it just may take more time for some.

--hide--
Hello Nathan, I have a question, why does the new matching system only sends me matches in Mexico? I have been sent no more than five, obviously, and none were matches, unfortunately. I am totally open to a LDR. I'll appreciate your answer.
Oct 7th 2012 new

When does the person that comes up on my matches get notified that I am interested or don't they? If every time I view someone's profile, it shows up on their page that I viewed them, is it any different if I say I'm not interested?

Posts 61 - 70 of 81