Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I always preferred the Velcro wall method myself....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I always preferred the Velcro wall method myself....
--hide--
Very tacky, Brenda..... rolling eyes scratchchin

08/18/2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Very tacky, Brenda.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Very tacky, Brenda.....

--hide--

I Only tried it once and it was actually a ride at the hot air balloon fest.... I never would have tried it as an actual form of discipline!!! eyepopping
08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Sarah-799098 said: As far as I know, the process of adoption has been started. So we're praying for it to go through!
(Quote) Sarah-799098 said: As far as I know, the process of adoption has been started. So we're praying for it to go through!
--hide--

I do nto know the state laws of Texas but once permanency has begun this child is free to be allowed to bond to mom and dad and siblings. This is good and can help him.

So this is going to be alright, he just needs to feel loved and safe and even chosen for his being alive and there!

You are at the best place in a long process of suffering he has had theheart and it WILL get better!. You can establish a little routine with him where you ask how relationships or "playtime" is going at his level when you arrive and give him a treat when you come telling him he is special and you are looking out for him. Let him know he has rights as a human being and one big one is to not be mistreated. He will internalize this and he will know in his soul he is safe. He will gain confidence and it will work out. No worries. Focus on him and not on yourself in this conglomerate of issues.
You could take him a special candy or something to show him he is special and have a special routine with him where he reports to you how it is going. It could be like mini therapy. You can tell him "When you hit and run away it shows me you are sad. Lets make this be better..Lets try something else Sweetie."

08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I always preferred the Velcro wall method myself...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said:

I always preferred the Velcro wall method myself....

Very tacky, Brenda.....

--hide--

Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank you. It is best not to even start..these jokes. These kids grow up to be full fledged adults and don't deserve us fully mature adults thinking we can joke this way... about their poor lot in life and their suffering..thanks again..

08/18/2012 new

[quote]Ray-566531 said:

[quote]Sarah-799098 said:

I have tried the whole ignoring thing while he is screaming and having a fit in time out (keeping an eye on him for safety, but for the most part leaving him alone); however, at that point his parents hear him screaming and come up and take him away to talk to him, which I think might be counter-intuitive. If he knows that screaming will get him alone time with his parents then what's to stop him from doing it?

I just don't want to be the young nurse with no children who's trying to tell them what I'm trying to do to discipline their child. I guess it's a Catch-22. It makes sense to me though that eventually if he screams and kicks and throws things but nobody comes to his rescue, maybe he'll realize it's useless.

If all else fails, you can hang him by his thumbs for a couple of hours. At least he'll have a reason to scream.

Uh... no.

08/18/2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank you. It is best not to even start..these jokes. These kids gr...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank you. It is best not to even start..these jokes. These kids grow up to be full fledged adults and don't deserve us fully mature adults thinking we can joke this way... about their poor lot in life and their suffering..thanks again..

--hide--

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone, I actually handled a lot of stuff as Andrew grew up with humor, but then I try to handle life's stress with humor.....I think some good advice was offered in this thread. And I am thankful To see there are people willing to help by offering useful advice. I think the best advice I received from the therapist on how to deal with my son was to choose my battles and make sure I showered him with unconditional love.....
08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank you....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone, I actually handled a lot of stuff as Andrew grew up with humor, but then I try to handle life's stress with humor.....I think some good advice was offered in this thread. And I am thankful To see there are people willing to help by offering useful advice. I think the best advice I received from the therapist on how to deal with my son was to choose my battles and make sure I showered him with unconditional love.....
--hide--

Brenda- No worries dear..I am just trying to keep everything kind at this moment. I don't want anyone to be offended in any way either. Please do not be offended by me either.

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank you. It is best not to even start..these jokes....

--hide--
Yes, Marian -- we obviously realize this is a serious problem and have posted comments to that effect. It wasn't intended to make light of the situation. However, it seems this case involves so many complications, that it's sometimes helpful to step back, breathe, and lighten up for a bit. Then we can re-approach the problem with fresh thoughts. This doesn't work for everybody, but when all else is failing, a little humor goes a long way. Many professions, including those dealing with life and death matters use humor for stress relief. That's what we hoped to accomplish here. If we always take everything too seriously, we can end up with problems ourselves.

Having done so, we can now proceed.

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yeah please lets not joke this way. Thank...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Yes, Marian -- we obviously realize this is a serious problem and have posted comments to that effect. It wasn't intended to make light of the situation. However, it seems this case involves so many complications, that it's sometimes helpful to step back, breathe, and lighten up for a bit. Then we can re-approach the problem with fresh thoughts. This doesn't work for everybody, but when all else is failing, a little humor goes a long way. Many professions, including those dealing with life and death matters use humor for stress relief. That's what we hoped to accomplish here. If we always take everything too seriously, we can end up with problems ourselves.

Having done so, we can now proceed.

--hide--

I suppose that you did nto like being corrected by little me. I meant no offense. I have worked in life and death and CPS and crisis so I know how the humor works, you don't need to translate it for me. I just felt offended period. I am not feeling real great these days and everything hurts.

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I suppose that you did nto like being corrected by little me. I meant no offense. I have ...

I suppose that you did nto like being corrected by little me. I meant no offense. I have worked in life and death and CPS and crisis so I know how the humor works, you don't need to translate it for me. I just felt offended period. I am not feeling real great these days and everything hurts.

--hide--
I have no problem with being corrected if I'm wrong about something.

Posts 31 - 40 of 84