Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thank you for your compliment, Amy, but I can assure you I am no Super Wo...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you for your compliment, Amy, but I can assure you I am no Super Women. I had the support and encouragement of my husband, a thirst for knowledge, and opportunity to stay at home and raise my children and go to school. I am very much aware that these are gifts that not all women receive and have tried not to take them for granted. As for being a woman, I agree with you…it is wonderful to be a woman. I am still as feminine as I was before I became an attorney and maybe even more so.

I think in the case of this post, I let my emotion get the best of me and posted without calming down and thinking about it. But, if my story will inspire others, then that is a good thing. I do appreciate your compliment Amy. It was nice to read that someone thought what I had done was inspiring. Thank you.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Your story is inspiring to me. Emotions sometimes get in the way, however the emotions that lead us to give thanks to God should be expressed more.

Aug 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Amy-868480 said: Your story is inspiring to me. Emotions sometimes get in the way, however the emotions...
(Quote) Amy-868480 said:

Your story is inspiring to me. Emotions sometimes get in the way, however the emotions that lead us to give thanks to God should be expressed more.

--hide--

Thank you, Amy.

- Elizabeth

Aug 22nd 2012 new

In this life we all have been down different paths, our journey though may have similarites to another's life. Most women will not admit being raped. It is never the fault of the woman, it is the fault of society. women have to go thru the mill once they report it to authorities so this is often avoided. Suffering at the hands of another person is agonizing. For the women on CM who have the strength to admit this on this forum have been given a new life from God. Witnessing is a special gift and each of you have been blessed with it. You are helping other women who read your posts and I admire you for having the courage to post your life experiences here.

I understand where Dawn is coming from with her stalkers. People who are narrow minded will stalk when they see you as the enemy, by not going with the majority of posters views. By stalking you are sinning even though you may not see it this way right now.

everyone is entitled to their opinions and should never be attacked for expressing them. One day it may be your turn to be on the opposite end of the totem pole. remember, how you treat other people will come back to you one day.

Whether we live our lives as homemakers or business women we are all women. Remember ladies, we are all in this world together and we need to respect each other and love one another.

I believe each of us knows someone who has been raped whether it was you, a loved one or a friend. Personally, when I was a teenager I knew a 20 year old who was raped by her stepfather. Her mother forced her to get an abortion yet the mother kept her baby by this man. Months after the abortion, severe depression overcame her and she committed suicide a few years later. I also knew a teen who was raped by a neighbor who also had an abortion that her mother approved of. I still remember hearing on the news accounts of deaths due to coathanger abortions. My closest friend told me she was date raped as a teenager. She never married and has no plans on ever marrying. So, the rapist gets away with murdering a woman's life for the rest of her life....these are my comments from reading your posts

Aug 22nd 2012 new
Thank you Connie, very well said.
Aug 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Kevin-743853 said: I've read thru the 7 pages of this ropic and man do you people go from one end of the spectrum to the other...
(Quote) Kevin-743853 said:

I've read thru the 7 pages of this ropic and man do you people go from one end of the spectrum to the other. the question I have is how do catholics who are tought that all life is precious vote for a man who says all abortion of all kinds is ok. I've always been tought to vote my concious. I wonder where my fellow catholics are since it is the democrtic catholic vote that elected him.

--hide--

Actually, Kevin, it is a mystery to most of us.
Aug 23rd 2012 new

Yes indeed a mystery rapped in an enigma inside a puzzle.

Posts 121 - 126 of 126