Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Aug 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: I find keeping my distance with even Catholic men who may enter into a conversation. With my first marriage b...
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said:

I find keeping my distance with even Catholic men who may enter into a conversation. With my first marriage being not Catholic.

Fear, I guess of all the bad stuff happening again. I know a Catholic man, devote in his faith would work with me on the marriage rather than challenge me all the time in a secular way.

I know I have to keep trying to trust more, and let Christ guide me.

You know, after being on my own for more than ten years with the Lord, it's difficult for me to allow a man back in.

I guess I am being selfish with the Lord and am trying to trust the dating path again.

I think we all share similar feelings and bring together a commonality that provides encouragement.

--hide--

Shortly after my husband died, I returned to Catholicism after being, for the sake of unity, in numerous Protestant churches with him. I discovered Catholic Match on the back of the church bulletin and was delighted to know that I had a wonderful way to seek and find a good Catholic man. First and foremost I knew I would not settle for less than a man who totally shared my faith and values. You are absolutely right in only wanting a devout Catholic.

Sandra, I think that being selfish with the Lord is perfectly fine. There are many references in the Bible speaking of the Lord as Husband (Isaiah 54:5-6, Jeremiah 3:14, Jeremiah 31:32, Hosea 2:16 and even in the New Testament 2 Corinthians 11:2). rose hug theheart rose
Aug 21st 2012 new

theheart

Thank you Beth, for the encouragement, it means alot.

I will review the Bible scriptures you sent, it does help to reinforce at times.

God bless...........

rosary

Aug 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: Thank you Beth, for the encouragement, it means alot.I will review the Bible scriptures you s...

Thank you Beth, for the encouragement, it means alot.

I will review the Bible scriptures you sent, it does help to reinforce at times.

God bless...........

--hide--

Sandra, you are so very welcome! Have a wonderful day today rich in the blessings of the Lord. theheart theheart theheart
Aug 21st 2012 new

theheart

Same to you !

rosary

Aug 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: I find keeping my distance with even Catholic men who may enter into a conversation. With my fir...

I find keeping my distance with even Catholic men who may enter into a conversation. With my first marriage being not Catholic.

Fear, I guess of all the bad stuff happening again. I know a Catholic man, devote in his faith would work with me on the marriage rather than challenge me all the time in a secular way.

I know I have to keep trying to trust more, and let Christ guide me.

You know, after being on my own for more than ten years with the Lord, it's difficult for me to allow a man back in.

I guess I am being selfish with the Lord and am trying to trust the dating path again.

I think we all share similar feelings and bring together a commonality that provides encouragement.

--hide--

I totally get the trust thing. That is especially hard for me. I was married for 20 years and although I have forgiven and asked for forgiveness. I still find it hard to trust.

Aug 29th 2012 new

Would be involved with somebody who is not self aware be a deal breaker for you? Not to say I never have blinders on but some people seem really be unable to see themselves and their actions.

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I prefer a spouse who is perfect for what I need in a spouse. I don't believe in the idea that God se...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I prefer a spouse who is perfect for what I need in a spouse. I don't believe in the idea that God sends us people because if that was the case we'd all find the one right away and there wouldn't be all the issues we see in society.
--hide--

I don't think this is true because of free will. It is free will that allows us to choose things that are not God's will, ie not date/marry the person He sent us and choose someone WE want. So, I do believe God has a plan and people for everyone, and even when we go against His plan He still gives us the graces necessary to make our poor decision glorify Him and work. Also things are always in His time not our own, so it won't be the right one right away as He may want to teach us something in relationships that fail before presenting us with who He has picked for us.

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: and even when we go against His plan He still gives us the graces necessary to make our poor decis...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

and even when we go against His plan He still gives us the graces necessary to make our poor decision glorify Him and work.

--hide--

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how we come to make the poor decision and whether we repent, if necessary.

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how we come to make the poor decision and whether we repe...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how we come to make the poor decision and whether we repent, if necessary.

--hide--

I was given an interesting theory on my poor choice. My priest feels that my exhusband was a catalyst in my journey back to God. Once that was accomplished, then there was no further need for the relationship. I found a quote a few weeks ago that sums it up pretty well. "Sometimes, the only way that God can get into a heart is to break it." I do not believe that God deliberately hurts us. I do believe that God will put to use any incident in our life to draw us closer to Him. heart

(Morning ramblings precaffeine. Must get some!)

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I was given an interesting theory on my poor choice. My priest feels that my exh...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I was given an interesting theory on my poor choice. My priest feels that my exhusband was a catalyst in my journey back to God. Once that was accomplished, then there was no further need for the relationship. I found a quote a few weeks ago that sums it up pretty well. "Sometimes, the only way that God can get into a heart is to break it." I do not believe that God deliberately hurts us. I do believe that God will put to use any incident in our life to draw us closer to Him.

(Morning ramblings precaffeine. Must get some!)

--hide--

AnneMarie, I totally get that. It took a long time but I can know now that the affairs my ex had, broke me and sent me running back to Jesue. In retrospect it was a blessing because I thought I could do everything on my own and didn't recognize how much I needed Christ and how everything was really from him. There's a song from Laura Story called "Blessings" that is so comforting to me.

Someday we will truly understand how God made it all work together for good because of his love for us.

www.youtube.com

Blessings lyrics
Songwriters: Laura Mixon
Story

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace,
Comfort for family,
Pprotection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things
'Cause what if Your blessings
come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise?
We pray for wisdom,
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness,
We doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
And all the while You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
And what if trials of this lifeAre Your mercies in disguise?
When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst
This world can't satisfy?
And what if trials of this lifeThe rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise?

Posts 11 - 20 of 21