Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Are there any positives?

Aug 20th 2012 new

5 1/2 years ago, I thought nothing in life could ever be positive again. Today, I am seeing that God has given me so much positive in my life...children, grandchild, love of life, network of friends, job, my dog Bella and cat Sally, my home on the bluff, my faith, people who love me and that I love, America, Church, memories, CatholicMatch...today that list can go on and on. I would love to hear the positives others have found.

- Elizabeth

Aug 20th 2012 new

Belong to Him and His Holy Family

Having Mother Mary as my best friend

My children and family

My friends

My work

My flaws, pains and heartaches that He used for His Glory

Having the Holy Spirit alive in me every second of my life

He is in all, above all, within all.. Everything is good and positive.

God is awesome :)

Aug 21st 2012 new

I am blessed to have God in my life.

I have wonderful friends who I love and love me.

I have a wonderful dog, home, job.

The list goes on and on..................

I have learned not to sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff. I find things and people to enjoy in every day.

Aug 22nd 2012 new
Blessed to have another day to know and LOVE MY LORD. Blessed to have good friends and family. Blessed to continue with good health and attitude. Blessed to know I want to love again.
Aug 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: 5 1/2 years ago, I thought nothing in life could ever be positive again. Today, I am seeing that God has g...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

5 1/2 years ago, I thought nothing in life could ever be positive again. Today, I am seeing that God has given me so much positive in my life...children, grandchild, love of life, network of friends, job, my dog Bella and cat Sally, my home on the bluff, my faith, people who love me and that I love, America, Church, memories, CatholicMatch...today that list can go on and on. I would love to hear the positives others have found.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Mass on Sunday mornings and whenever I have the opportunity to attend

Saying the rosary

Enjoy sunrises

Watching babies

My friends and family
Aug 23rd 2012 new

I was there 2 1/2 years ago. I was so completely broken, I was not sure I would ever be sane again. I then spent six months out of work to really contemplate my life. I was in church 5-7 days each week. Only when I was completely broken was God able to take my life and use it for His will. Fast forward to now...I still am in church as many days as my schedule will allow. I serve God in sevearl ministries. The circle of people in my life love God first, and serve Him faithfully. Everywhere I look there are positive people there to help me change perspective and look at the good stuff. Coming here to CM took away yet another roadblock I had put up, and gave me MORE people who I am able to relate to without explaining my beliefs.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for giving me the opportunity to look at my positives this morning!! heart

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I was there 2 1/2 years ago. I was so completely broken, I was not sure I would ever be sane ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I was there 2 1/2 years ago. I was so completely broken, I was not sure I would ever be sane again. I then spent six months out of work to really contemplate my life. I was in church 5-7 days each week. Only when I was completely broken was God able to take my life and use it for His will. Fast forward to now...I still am in church as many days as my schedule will allow. I serve God in sevearl ministries. The circle of people in my life love God first, and serve Him faithfully. Everywhere I look there are positive people there to help me change perspective and look at the good stuff. Coming here to CM took away yet another roadblock I had put up, and gave me MORE people who I am able to relate to without explaining my beliefs.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for giving me the opportunity to look at my positives this morning!!

--hide--

You are welcome, AnneMarie. Thank you for sharing your positives. I love CM, too. I feel like for the most part we all are on the same page with our faith which is a wonderful basis to build friendships and marriage. I feel like I have made several friends here on CM. The surprising part is that many of them are women. Hope you have a wonderful day and it is as beautiful where you are as it is here in Tennessee.

God bless,

Elizabeth

Aug 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: 5 1/2 years ago, I thought nothing in life could ever be positive again. Today, I am seeing t...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

- Elizabeth

--hide--

We are on a very similar timeline for losing our husbands, Elizabeth. For a while I wondered if I'd ever feel happy again. Then the people started entering into my life...first my befriender who is a vibrantly crazy spiritual woman. She was my first blessing. Then I lost my job, blessing number two. It allowed me to embrace my grief. Daily mass and a Mom's In Touch prayer group strengthened me and brought prayerful woman into my life. To have someone pray for your child in your presence is an incredible experience. I know their healing was a result of that. It also gave me an opportunity to look for God's blessings each week and share them with the group. Fast forward five years and I can't put a number on the multitude of graces I have been given. My life feels so blessed and God feels so close.

Peace and thanks to you for this thread.

Aug 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: We are on a very similar timeline for losing our husbands, Elizabeth. For a while I wonde...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

We are on a very similar timeline for losing our husbands, Elizabeth. For a while I wondered if I'd ever feel happy again. Then the people started entering into my life...first my befriender who is a vibrantly crazy spiritual woman. She was my first blessing. Then I lost my job, blessing number two. It allowed me to embrace my grief. Daily mass and a Mom's In Touch prayer group strengthened me and brought prayerful woman into my life. To have someone pray for your child in your presence is an incredible experience. I know their healing was a result of that. It also gave me an opportunity to look for God's blessings each week and share them with the group. Fast forward five years and I can't put a number on the multitude of graces I have been given. My life feels so blessed and God feels so close.

Peace and thanks to you for this thread.

--hide--

It is amazing, Kathy, how God can really bring us peace after such turmoil. When David died, I thought I would never be able to find happiness again and certainly never think of remarrying. Now through God's grace, I have found happiness and am most definitely hoping for and looking forward to marriage. I try to temper that with wanting what God wants for me. But, I recall scripture saying God gives us the desires of our heart, and I most definitely desire to remarry. Widowhood (what an awful name) has also given me much more time to pray and, on occasion, I find myself praying for whomever my future husband will be... that God will care for him and his family and bring them peace.

So glad you are doing well. Isn't it amazing how God can make something beautiful out of so much grief. Your happiness shows in your beautiful smile, Kathy. So glad you are able to see God's blessings and enjoy life again. Will look forward to your posts.

God bless,

Elizabeth

Aug 25th 2012 new

There are nae postives! Ainly negatives! Myself ist lear'en the hard wa' tha' people ainly want ye tae dae wha' they think ist best an' dinna care how ye feel!
Myself may be a widower for anily 10 months but myself hast had nae anything but negatives.
Myself ist think'en o'remove'en myself frae here ast myself hast nae got verra many responses or if myself daest it tis ainly oncet or twicet an' then nae anything more. Myself figures myself tae be worthless.

Posts 1 - 10 of 34