Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Here in Kansas, about 50 miles from me, resides a large community of Pius X. Residing in and around that area are a combination of Traditional Catholics. Some go to an authorized Confraternity of St. Peter church, and look normal, but tend to be more conservative in dress (i.e. ties and dresses) on Sundays or for Mass. The Pius X group, and many TLM attenders (although not SSPX) in their communities dress in what is known as Apostolic wear here (because the Apostolic Christian Anabaptists and the Apostolic Pentecostals wear it). The women have long hair, often worn braided or up, and wear long jean skirts, chambray dresses, or western/Gay 1890s type blouses and hair styles in this form of dress, and so Traditional Catholics wear it here, while the men eschew beards and rarely wear jeans unless they are farmers. . . (preferring preppy khakis). Is this really part of being a Traditional Catholic OR is the way these (mostly homeschooling, stay at home wives) conservative Catholics interpret living out their faith, similar to slightly separatist conservative Protestant faiths? It certainly contrasts with the surrounding communities. However, the Apostolics (both groups) tend to be OVERLY hospitable and reaching out (eager for more participants) whereas many in the counties I speak of that are TLM Catholics are very disdainful of regular Roman Catholics and almost impolite. . . thoughts?

08/22/2012 new

I have to think about this. I know there are congregations of Pius the X everywhere. I know there are other groups who dress this way every where. I have seen the Latin mass parishioners and they wear long dresses. I do nto have enough experience with them to really speak to it with any detail, other than what I put in the other thread about the people who were doing foster care.

08/22/2012 new

The husbands did not follow any dress code that I noticed.

08/22/2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Here in Kansas, about 50 miles from me, resides a large community of Pius X. Residing in and aroun...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Here in Kansas, about 50 miles from me, resides a large community of Pius X. Residing in and around that area are a combination of Traditional Catholics. Some go to an authorized Confraternity of St. Peter church, and look normal, but tend to be more conservative in dress (i.e. ties and dresses) on Sundays or for Mass. The Pius X group, and many TLM attenders (although not SSPX) in their communities dress in what is known as Apostolic wear here (because the Apostolic Christian Anabaptists and the Apostolic Pentecostals wear it). The women have long hair, often worn braided or up, and wear long jean skirts, chambray dresses, or western/Gay 1890s type blouses and hair styles in this form of dress, and so Traditional Catholics wear it here, while the men eschew beards and rarely wear jeans unless they are farmers. . . (preferring preppy khakis). Is this really part of being a Traditional Catholic OR is the way these (mostly homeschooling, stay at home wives) conservative Catholics interpret living out their faith, similar to slightly separatist conservative Protestant faiths? It certainly contrasts with the surrounding communities. However, the Apostolics (both groups) tend to be OVERLY hospitable and reaching out (eager for more participants) whereas many in the counties I speak of that are TLM Catholics are very disdainful of regular Roman Catholics and almost impolite. . . thoughts?

--hide--

I honestly don't sense the Catholics to be impolite but I have not tried to talk to them . i wear long dresses but I will go sleeveless and so I do a combination when I dress in various ways and it is usually stylish. I see the ties on the men and the long skirts of the girls. I think it is nice and I don't really know much else.

I had a f2f about two years ago and the man went to Pius X church. I met him for lunch and later we were walking around the mall and talking and I asked about his church and he told me that what I had on, I could nto wear to his church. I wore a navy t shirt with navyjeans and probably a heeled shoe. My tshirt was slightly form fitting and my jeans were not baggy. Because of this, I feel like I strike a balance but I don't know.

This man, I asked would he attend a certain Romanian Church instead and he said "no."

His Pius X church is not in communion with Rome, so I was not open to go there. I took him to mass and he stared at the alter servers and the altar and the inside of the church in a suspicious way.. he had some things to say to me after mass.. because he has left the regular Roman Catholc mass and these people do not believe the Novus Ordo is an ok mass...

I would not mind being in touch with him as a friend and I may try to see how he is but in general there can be a certain attitude but I don't know exactly which attitude is going in what direction....

the attitude is one of mistrust of the novus ordo. I don't want to start any trouble here. This was one way I found out about it. I also have a relative that left and moved to Idaho where there is a big PiusX congregation.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4