Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Aug 28th 2012 new

Gerard,

I root for both Texas teams. I feel if the Texans do not incur season-ending injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, we will go to our first Super Bowl. At the moment, I don't see any AFC team on paper that is better on both sides of the ball.

Regarding the Cowboys - my second favorite team. I hope I am wrong but I do not see the Cowboys ever getting to the Super Bowl with Tony Romo at quarterback. Dez Bryant is a good receiver but as the game enters the final period, he seems not to stay focused. The defense incurs too many foolish penalties when the game is on the line. I can't count the number of penalties the defense has incurred due to hitting an opponent when they are already out of bounds. I feel if the Cowboys even make the playoffs, it will be due to their defense and they need to step it up several notches for that to happen. With the Cowboys, I hope I am 100% wrong on my assessment.

Just my opinion.

The first round of regular season picks are just around the corner. Hooray!!! clap clap

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Aug 30th 2012 new

I've always been a NYG girl. Pass rushers will be good to go - Tuck, JPP, Osi; Eli's warmed up; Nicks is back; Wilson looks smart. Secondary and O-line need attention though. Looking forward to seeing them Sept. 5th!

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: They have updated their defense, but they still need to work on Romo letting go of that ball a li...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

They have updated their defense, but they still need to work on Romo letting go of that ball a little sooner.

--hide--

I would like to see the Cowboys win their division,but I doubt it will hapen...Romo isn't an elite quarterback.

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I root for both Texas teams. I feel if the Texans do not incur season-ending injuri...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Gerard,

I root for both Texas teams. I feel if the Texans do not incur season-ending injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, we will go to our first Super Bowl. At the moment, I don't see any AFC team on paper that is better on both sides of the ball.

Regarding the Cowboys - my second favorite team. I hope I am wrong but I do not see the Cowboys ever getting to the Super Bowl with Tony Romo at quarterback. Dez Bryant is a good receiver but as the game enters the final period, he seems not to stay focused. The defense incurs too many foolish penalties when the game is on the line. I can't count the number of penalties the defense has incurred due to hitting an opponent when they are already out of bounds. I feel if the Cowboys even make the playoffs, it will be due to their defense and they need to step it up several notches for that to happen. With the Cowboys, I hope I am 100% wrong on my assessment.

Just my opinion.

The first round of regular season picks are just around the corner. Hooray!!!

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

I think the Texans are their division leader and an elite team;certainly good enough to compete and defeat the Patriots,Ravens,and Chiefs(my projected AFC division winners).The injury factor and home field advantage will go a long way in determining a Super Bowl contender.I think the Texans will be on the field,in February.

You are right about the Cowboys;they wilt at the wrong time.I don't feel that Tony Romo has the presence,to get to the big game.

I look forward to your picks and posting mine.

All The Best,

Gerard

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Stefanie-891077 said: I've always been a NYG girl. Pass rushers will be good to go - Tuck, JPP, Osi; Eli's w...
(Quote) Stefanie-891077 said:

I've always been a NYG girl. Pass rushers will be good to go - Tuck, JPP, Osi; Eli's warmed up; Nicks is back; Wilson looks smart. Secondary and O-line need attention though. Looking forward to seeing them Sept. 5th!

--hide--

That should be a great game,to start the year.

Aug 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Stefanie-891077 said: I've always been a NYG girl. Pass rushers will be good to go - Tuck, JPP, Osi; Eli's w...
(Quote) Stefanie-891077 said:

--hide--

Stefanie,

Welcome to CM. This site offers many opportunities to meet some very quality people. Take advantage of what CM has to offer. Some things you will like, some not.

Sounds as if you know your NY Giants. I am impressed. It should be a good opening night game next Wednesday against the Cowboys. The Giants have a favorable schedule so they should have no problems winning their division. Of course being free of injuries to key players always play a part in most team's season. I feel the highlights of their season will be Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend when they play the Packers and then two weeks later vs. the Saints. Both are home games.

Gerard has a running thread during the NFL season. You are certainly welcome to post your comments and observations.

Again, welcome.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Sep 1st 2012 new

Question:How did you pick your favorite team or teams?

There are two general answers;each with sub-categories(Geographical reasons vs.alternate reasons).

Geographical Reasons:

(1)Local team or team closest to your state.

(2)Displaced fan-you moved from another state,but retain your rooting interest.

(3)Regional fan-you visit a certain state and love the place.You start rooting for the team,from that section of the country.

(4)Adaptable fan-you move,but change teams ,to fit in with the local enviroment.

Alternate Reasons:

(1)Helmet design-one of the leagues most effective and prolific,marketing tools.

(2)Uniforms.

(3)Team colors.

(4)Head coach.

(5)Certain players.

(6)Team history.

(7)Tired and frustated with the local team.

(8)Media reports.

Who is willing to go first?... scratchchin My answer will be posted soon.

Sep 1st 2012 new

Eamus Leones!!! Lion Lion Lion wave

Sep 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Eamus Leones!!!
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Eamus Leones!!!

--hide--

Oh and this season, I hope to listen to some of the Lions' games .... My Sirius XM Radio subscription now includes live online streaming of all NFL radio broadcasts (either on my home computer or on my iPad). thumbsup

Sep 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Oh and this season, I hope to listen to some of the Lions' games .... My Sirius XM Rad...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Oh and this season, I hope to listen to some of the Lions' games .... My Sirius XM Radio subscription now includes live online streaming of all NFL radio broadcasts (either on my home computer or on my iPad).

--hide--

I am a big tampa bay fan so i say GO BUCCANEERS!!!!!

Posts 11 - 20 of 200