Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Money!!

Aug 25th 2012 new

I am curious about the females perspective on a man's income and how she uses that to judge a prospective mate? Ladies help me out please!

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Nick-314192 said: I am curious about the females perspective on a man's income and how she uses that to judge a ...
(Quote) Nick-314192 said:

I am curious about the females perspective on a man's income and how she uses that to judge a prospective mate? Ladies help me out please!

--hide--

Nick, After a very long marriage, in which I grossed the larger of 2 incomes, with an ex that enjoyed spending money, mostly for his benefit, and not willing to save or plan for the future, I'd prefer to meet someone with similar thoughts and goals when considering the future. IDK what it would be like to be "wined and dined", maybe travel a little, or feel I'm at least contributing to my future retirement. I've always had a f/t job and would like to meet someone with the same, or someone that could at least support themselves financially. I know in today's world that may not always be possible, so I consider circumstances for sure. Money does not buy happiness. I seem to attract the "underdog" though, the unemployed or disabled and by that I mean not only physical disabilities but psychological/emotional that are on a fixed income. So in reality, no, income doesn't really matter if there's love, trust,and compatibility, but it sure would be nice to not bear the entire financial burden myself.
I hope that helps.shamrock rose

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Nick-314192 said: I am curious about the females perspective on a man's income and how she uses that to judge a ...

--hide--

Good topic! I earn a nice income and hopefully he does too. Nothing to judge unless of course, he doesn't know how to open the door for a lady, dress appropriately, or need to be nudged awake during Mass. wink

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-755143 said: Nick, After a very long marriage, in which I grossed the larger of 2 incomes, with an ex th...
(Quote) Melanie-755143 said:

Nick, After a very long marriage, in which I grossed the larger of 2 incomes, with an ex that enjoyed spending money, mostly for his benefit, and not willing to save or plan for the future, I'd prefer to meet someone with similar thoughts and goals when considering the future. IDK what it would be like to be "wined and dined", maybe travel a little, or feel I'm at least contributing to my future retirement. I've always had a f/t job and would like to meet someone with the same, or someone that could at least support themselves financially. I know in today's world that may not always be possible, so I consider circumstances for sure. Money does not buy happiness. I seem to attract the "underdog" though, the unemployed or disabled and by that I mean not only physical disabilities but psychological/emotional that are on a fixed income. So in reality, no, income doesn't really matter if there's love, trust,and compatibility, but it sure would be nice to not bear the entire financial burden myself.
I hope that helps.

--hide--

That sounds like my ex!

Aug 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-755143 said: Nick, After a very long marriage, in which I grossed the larger of 2 incomes, with an ex th...
(Quote) Melanie-755143 said:

I hope that helps.

--hide--

That sounds like my ex!

Aug 25th 2012 new

It makes no difference to me. I was very poor growing up. I raised my daughter on my own with a high school education (aka - by the skin of my teeth). I am still able to pay my own way and finally went back to school. Someone asked me a couple of years ago what my idea of financially comfortable was. I am able to pay the bills, on time. I am able to walk into the grocery store and get what the house needs without checking my account balance. There is a little left for savings and/or play. I'm really good with that. Happiness and comfort are simply not about money.

The ideal prospective mate for me? That is the man discussed in the homily tonight. The man emaluating Christ, that is strong enough and trying hard enough that his wife can trust enough to be submissive to him. The man that is happy going to church, will take kids and grandkids to the feast day picnic on a Sunday afternoon. The grandpa that goes to vigil service because Sunday is the day all of his grandkids can go out on the boat with him. Hmmm..money doesn't fall into any of those descriptions. Go figure!! heart

Aug 26th 2012 new

Thank you ladies, I have often wondered how much $$ is enough to attract that special someone...

Aug 26th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: It makes no difference to me. I was very poor growing up. I raised my daughter on my own with...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

It makes no difference to me. I was very poor growing up. I raised my daughter on my own with a high school education (aka - by the skin of my teeth). I am still able to pay my own way and finally went back to school. Someone asked me a couple of years ago what my idea of financially comfortable was. I am able to pay the bills, on time. I am able to walk into the grocery store and get what the house needs without checking my account balance. There is a little left for savings and/or play. I'm really good with that. Happiness and comfort are simply not about money.

The ideal prospective mate for me? That is the man discussed in the homily tonight. The man emaluating Christ, that is strong enough and trying hard enough that his wife can trust enough to be submissive to him. The man that is happy going to church, will take kids and grandkids to the feast day picnic on a Sunday afternoon. The grandpa that goes to vigil service because Sunday is the day all of his grandkids can go out on the boat with him. Hmmm..money doesn't fall into any of those descriptions. Go figure!!

--hide--
The man emaluating Christ, that is strong enough and trying hard enough that his wife can trust enough to be submissive to him. The man that is happy going to church, will take kids and grandkids to the feast day picnic on a Sunday afternoon. The grandpa that goes to vigil service because Sunday is the day all of his grandkids can go out on the boat with him. Hmmm..money doesn't fall into any of those descriptions. Go figure!!
You've said that beautifully, AnnMarie, and I totally agree, when I find that gentleman, that can be one in Christ, (which my ex was not) $$ just don't seem to matter. When BOTH of us can be rich in faith, all else will fall into place!Praying

Aug 26th 2012 new

Goodness...I tried to quote the last paragraph of yours AnnMarie...go figure...

Aug 26th 2012 new

--hide--

I like Melanie's post. Many women use prior experiences with men and $$ to judge a future mate. If he's in our age range, never married and doesn't have any savings, I have to wonder if he's going to be a match for me. I am a planner and my future financial independence is important. But more important than that is whether he's truly living a Catholic life and tries to follow the Church's teachings.

Posts 1 - 10 of 30