Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Sep 4th 2012 new

Ashley,

I am also a single parent. I have been raising my daughter alone since she was one. she is now 11. As hard as it is to do it all alone, sometimes its for the best. While most single parents want a 2nd parent for their child, it is important to not just fill that spot for the sake of having 2 parents. But necessary to find the right person to fill that spot.

I think if you feel he might not be interested then he probably isn't. Trust in yourself and in God, take a deep breath, and keep looking. One day you will find that man who is meant to be in your life and your child's life. I know it is very hard to have a child and date and try to do it all on your own.
It took me several years before I started dating again. After a few relationships, and another break from dating, I am ready to start again.

Good luck and God Bless

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: Ashley,I am also a single parent. I have been raising my daughter alone since she wa...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

Ashley,

I am also a single parent. I have been raising my daughter alone since she was one. she is now 11. As hard as it is to do it all alone, sometimes its for the best. While most single parents want a 2nd parent for their child, it is important to not just fill that spot for the sake of having 2 parents. But necessary to find the right person to fill that spot.

I think if you feel he might not be interested then he probably isn't. Trust in yourself and in God, take a deep breath, and keep looking. One day you will find that man who is meant to be in your life and your child's life. I know it is very hard to have a child and date and try to do it all on your own.
It took me several years before I started dating again. After a few relationships, and another break from dating, I am ready to start again.

Good luck and God Bless

--hide--

AMEN to all of that, Angela. I have five kids. Yeah, you heard me right. Just started into the dating world this month after my annullment came through in November. I guess my first experience with marriage went SO south, that I really learned my lesson and am willing to wait. I also want to share something that I've posted on my profile. It's a two-fold prayer that gets a lot of mileage with me, that I came up with when I was contemplating divorce or staying with my husband. (serious problems were happening, not just "tired of love") It goes like this:

"God, make your will STUPIDLY OBVIOUS to me, and put the right people IN MY FACE to help me recognize it, embrace it, and do it."

In the depths of dispair, one's prayers get rather direct....

God bless your wait. Think of it like staying healthy during a pregnancy: by the grace of God and by my own positive approach to keeping healthy, there will be great joy at the end of the journey!

Feb 1st 2013 new

A lot of people seem to know how to "chase" you...but don't know what to do once they've caught you. I think there are actually people who are incapable of forming relationships.

No point in waiting for someone who's not waiting for you.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: "God, make your will STUPIDLY OBVIOUS to me, and put the right people IN MY FACE to help ...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

"God, make your will STUPIDLY OBVIOUS to me, and put the right people IN MY FACE to help me recognize it, embrace it, and do it."

In the depths of dispair, one's prayers get rather direct....

--hide--

I like your prayer. Sometimes I know I need God to hit me upside the head to get me to pay attention and listen to his will.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: A lot of people seem to know how to "chase" you...but don't know what to do once th...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

A lot of people seem to know how to "chase" you...but don't know what to do once they've caught you. I think there are actually people who are incapable of forming relationships.

No point in waiting for someone who's not waiting for you.

--hide--

marge ... you are a wise woman! everyone listen to her, she is sooooooo right! hug

Posts 11 - 15 of 15